PDA

View Full Version : Squeaks and judders

soulighter
02-04-2011, 07:57 AM
Hi all,

Need some advices and recommendation regarding this.

My Polo 77 TSI front and back windscreen wipers judder/ skip from day 1 and I've left it so far thinking that they just need to break in and will soften up with time. Now it's 3 and half months down the line, the front ones don't judder anymore but squeak quick bad in rain, but the back one still judders.

Using the windscreen cleaner fluid helps a little bit but usually the squeak and judder will return within a few swipes in the rain.

I've brought it back to VW service centre yesterday (I'm in Auckland BTW) and they apparently had tried "everything", from giving the windscreens a good clean multiple times and changing the wipers but apparently nothing worked. They've lodged a query and will wait to hear back from them.

Anyone has/ had this problem with their polo?

broxigar1983
02-04-2011, 10:15 AM
Nope, no issues here.

sVWatt
02-04-2011, 11:40 AM
No ongoing issues here. Mine did judder on day one - raining and stick behind a stinky truck spraying up cack.

But 'if' they have tried changing the blades - I'd get them to change the arms - that's where the tensioner spring is ... Maybe it's not quite right and letting the arm jump - not enough tension.

New car - everything should work ... Go for new arms IMHO

gavs
02-04-2011, 04:43 PM
Try and see if there is a reseller over there for a company called Tru Vision. They're a Queensland based company but they own the rights to the trico, aunger and Bosch wipers. The reason I mention them is because they are the only company I know of that uses natural rubber in som of their blades which are incredible. The way to tell if you get natural rubber is to run your finger and thumb along the blade edge and you should get a little bead of wax form on your fingers:)