PDA

View Full Version : New Polo GTI - Ordered

lowlee
01-04-2011, 05:55 PM
Hi Guys,

Newbie here just put a deposit on my Polo GTI. I want to thank you guys for all the information I was able to get from the threads in this forum.

As suggested by a different thread I contacted regional dealers about any of their allocations being available as my local dealer put delivery for March 2012 and I stumbled across a car being built Week 14 Day 2 (thats this Tuesday) available in the specs that I wanted. The dealer sent NADCON screenshots that look correct to my untrained eye.

Dealer seemed very genuine and helpful on the phone but I was very surprised that this car was available for sale considering the amount of time some of you guys have been/will be waiting. Dealer said it was one of his allocations that had yet to be sold not a cancelled order.

It really sounds too good to be true...

David

GTI JOE
01-04-2011, 06:03 PM
Welcome to the Forum lowlee:)
Happy to hear you found it useful. Just make sure your dealer gives you a confirmed COMM number as well as a recent NADCON screen dump and subsequent ones on a regular basis. You are very lucky indeed, enjoy:)

lowlee
01-04-2011, 06:17 PM
Thanks GTI JOE,

Should the COMM number be available now or is it issued at the same time as the VIN at "Checkpoint 8 Handover to Sales"? Checkpoint 8 is due on 5/4/11.

Cheers

GTI JOE
01-04-2011, 06:55 PM
Don't worry about future status dates too much as they change with the current status. Main thing is to see where the little dot is at, this will give you the current status. If your dealer says the car is on the NADCON, then yes, it must have a COMM number. You only get a VIN number at Checkpoint 8 as you mention:)

payno
01-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Nice one... What specs?

lowlee
01-04-2011, 07:37 PM
Candy White, 5dr, Comfort Pack, Bi-Xenon's

Exactly what I wanted...

I cannot believe my luck

And its at "Handover to Production" on NADCON

sVWatt
02-04-2011, 11:34 AM
Candy White, 5dr, Comfort Pack, Bi-Xenon's

Exactly what I wanted...

I cannot believe my luck

And its at "Handover to Production" on NADCON

Welcome lowlee - nice spec - recon you should change your name to luckee

gavs
02-04-2011, 04:38 PM
Dammit, how did you get the exact spec that I wanted, instead I had to get the $770 iPod plug (thanks Joe.... ;) ) goo purchase though mate, you have seen the white, I mean light in your colour selection:) wait a minute.... Your not buying from Canberra are you by chance...? :(

GTI JOE
02-04-2011, 07:31 PM
Hey gav, your gonna love that iPod plug, you'll thank me one day;)

gavs
02-04-2011, 07:54 PM
Yeah, the touch screen is worth it though, god it looks good over the standard rcd 310 :) injust hope that the damn cable gets thrown in with it because if $770 is expensive for a plug, $100+ is ridiculous for a bit of wire! ;)

lowlee
02-04-2011, 09:37 PM
Welcome lowlee - nice spec - recon you should change your name to luckee

LOL - Good one :)

Dammit, how did you get the exact spec that I wanted, instead I had to get the $770 iPod plug (thanks Joe.... ;) ) goo purchase though mate, you have seen the white, I mean light in your colour selection:) wait a minute.... Your not buying from Canberra are you by chance...? :(

I have no idea how I managed it... And no not buying from Canberra. My local dealer is quoting April 2012 for delivery, so I was completely amazed I could secure one for June/July

gavs
03-04-2011, 08:52 AM
Ah, cool:) I ask coz there was one at a Canberra dealership that was due for april delivery:) in the nicest possible way, I hope those of us with brooom broooms sitting at the dock aren't waiting for yours to join them for the boat ride!:)

lowlee
03-04-2011, 10:36 AM
I hope for you guys that yours leave dock too :)

How accurate have build weeks been for you guys?

gavs
03-04-2011, 12:00 PM
Well, gti Joe and I were part of the extra allocation, so it started as week 9, then turned into week 10, so pretty accurate. Others though have blown out by months. BUT, yours is already at handover to production, so generally factor in 2 weeks from handover to body start, then another week to arrive at the dock:)

lowlee
06-04-2011, 05:47 PM
Well its out of the factory and bound for the port... I have a VIN :O

GTI JOE
06-04-2011, 05:53 PM
Yeah, the touch screen is worth it though, god it looks good over the standard rcd 310 :) injust hope that the damn cable gets thrown in with it because if $770 is expensive for a plug, $100+ is ridiculous for a bit of wire! ;)

You can pick-up a genuine one on Ebay for about $40, but yes, the dealer should throw one in for free man:)

gavs
06-04-2011, 07:08 PM
Well lowlee, I hope for all our sakes that it is om its way! :)

GTI JOE
06-04-2011, 08:23 PM
Well lowlee, I hope for all our sakes that it is om its way! :)
Agreed, otherwise your going to have a horses head on the front seat;) fergetabowdit