PDA

View Full Version : No More Savanna Yellow

volksweapon
01-04-2011, 03:17 PM
FYI, Savanna Yellow will cease to be an option on the Polo for all 2012 Models.

Dont think it will upset too many on here though?

team_v
01-04-2011, 03:28 PM
I have only ever seen one yellow and it was in the dealership.

The most i have seen are black and red.

noone
01-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Just drove past one. Ugly.

sVWatt
01-04-2011, 04:42 PM
I personally love it ... So will wear black arm band in mourning :(

GTI JOE
01-04-2011, 04:50 PM
What are you guys gawkin at, yer yella bellies;) Yeella is da new black...yikes!!!!!

gavs
03-04-2011, 08:53 AM
Vomit.....

Umai Naa!!
03-04-2011, 09:57 AM
Yellow dates easily.

It's never a popular colour, regardless of the car it's on.

We got a yellow one in our first bacth of Polos. We only sold it just 6 weeks ago.

Black, red, white, and silver appear to be the most popular colours.

apples
03-04-2011, 10:51 AM
Vomit.....

That was my fiance's reaction when he saw the car in yellow. I was tempted to buy it just because he would refuse to drive it :P

hazrd
03-04-2011, 10:54 AM
i had one for a couple of days when my pog was in for a few repairs

felt so out of place driving a yellow car

gavs
03-04-2011, 11:53 AM
The problem with that colour on a vw locally is that people who buy the models associated with that colour, buy a vw for the brand name and "classy" vibe they get when buying a vw over a Kia, Hyundai or even an overtly styled fiesta, no matter if they are the same price, they see it as a classy German car, if they want "BAM!" in your face, they buy a Kia soul or bright green fiesta. Again, failure in market research at VGA..... Other countries though, in china, almost ever scirroco I saw was bright green!

crocky
05-04-2011, 04:26 AM
here is my ride in Yellow savannah..
hope nobody will vomit again..Lol
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/04/Q94Ug-1.jpg

GTI JOE
05-04-2011, 05:08 AM
Well, at least I love the wheels :) ....can you get me set? We can't get them in Australia:(

Corey_R
05-04-2011, 07:32 AM
The problem with that colour on a vw locally is that people who buy the models associated with that colour, buy a vw for the brand name and "classy" vibe they get when buying a vw over a Kia, Hyundai or even an overtly styled fiesta, no matter if they are the same price, they see it as a classy German car, if they want "BAM!" in your face, they buy a Kia soul or bright green fiesta. Again, failure in market research at VGA..... Other countries though, in china, almost ever scirroco I saw was bright green!

Whilst I haven't typically been a fan of yellow cars, I'm a little saddened by the fact that the colour is disappearing. One of the huge complaints that I have about Volkswagen in Australis is their lack of colour.

Look at the Golf GTI:
White (not a colour), Reflect Silver (not a colour), Carbon Steel Grey (not a colour), Deep Black Pearl (not a colour) and Red! Only a single colour!

Look at the Golf R:
White (meh), Reflex Silver (ok, falling asleep now), United Grey (zzzzz), Deep Black Pearl (flatlining), Rising Blue! WOOO FINALLY.

But I mean seriously. How bloody BORING are half the Volkswagen models only having a SINGLE COLOUR and a few shades of grey? Seriously, wake up VGA! Even the VW Australia Commerical Range has a much better range of colours than the passenger cars! Look at the T5 for example!

here is my ride in Yellow savannah..
hope nobody will vomit again..Lol
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/04/Q94Ug-1.jpg

I actually like that combo, looks great. But on man... driving around Kuala Lumpur in a brand new shiney car must be scary! Scooters and taxi's going all over the place - I'd be covering the car up with impact foam! hehe

sVWatt
05-04-2011, 09:37 AM
here is my ride in yellow savannah..
Hope nobody will vomit again..lol
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/04/q94ug-1.jpg

gorgeous ... :p

vdubfan
06-04-2011, 10:08 PM
yellow is hot ...

GTI JOE
07-04-2011, 06:07 AM
yellow is hot ...

Perhaps on a Ferrari ;)

Trepid4tion
07-04-2011, 09:08 AM
Shall have to post up some pics of mine, I got the Savanna Yellow aswell, i was a little worried when i got it, but after a wax the yellow got deeper, and once i have the Black Aristo Wheels im after and the 3m Film for the roof and spoiler, i shall be even happier.

GTI JOE
07-04-2011, 06:18 PM
Your not a Richmond supporter are you?

Trepid4tion
08-04-2011, 08:20 AM
Your not a Richmond supporter are you?

Definately not hahaha (although being from victoria and now living in the queensland, the family is kinda torn between 3 teams now)

I saw an M5 with similar paint, black wheels and the 3M Vinyl on the Roof, was kinda sold at that point.

dasrattles
08-04-2011, 10:33 AM
yellow seems to be one of the love it/hate it colours. honestly, i thought the yellow was a pretty funky colour. i was a wee bit dismayed at the colour choices vw offers. i would had gone with yellow just cause its different from every other vw out there..... and you have to admit, it does brighten your day somewhat!

triode12
08-04-2011, 10:46 AM
My Dad bought a used yellow coloured Toyota Corona 21 years ago. The colour was apt as it was a lemon.

Yellow (and lime green) cars are a good idea until you try to sell them.

PhillipAudiDealer
08-04-2011, 04:32 PM
I am going to miss Savanna Yellow.. Sports Pack 5 door I love it.. Yellow does not date .. Porsche 911 in Yellow, Porsche Caymen in Yellow, Yellow Monaro.. oh yeah .. I love it.

broxigar1983
08-04-2011, 05:26 PM
I am going to miss Savanna Yellow.. Sports Pack 5 door I love it.. Yellow does not date .. Porsche 911 in Yellow, Porsche Caymen in Yellow, Yellow Monaro.. oh yeah .. I love it.

You HAD to spoil that sentence with the word Monaro...lol

sVWatt
08-04-2011, 05:29 PM

With you there PhilipVWDealer. By the by still waiting for Gerald Slaven to get back to me on fixing up my RNS510 configuration....as Brand Manager any chance you could maintain brand integrity and customer satisfaction in one go ? Cheers :)

PhillipAudiDealer
09-04-2011, 10:14 AM
With you there PhilipVWDealer. By the by still waiting for Gerald Slaven to get back to me on fixing up my RNS510 configuration....as Brand Manager any chance you could maintain brand integrity and customer satisfaction in one go ? Cheers :)

Please feel free to PM I will chase it up on my return I am on Bluemotion training till Wednesday..

Were we your selling Dealer?

If so did you contact your sales person?? If you did than who did you speak to? Because none of my Sales team have mentioned that the customers that we have retro NAV in have had a problem? Did you fit the NAV your self or have have somebody do it for you>?

All for maintaining customers and Brand integrity if made aware of it. :-)

Did we RetroFit RNS-510?
What is wrong with your Config??

sVWatt
09-04-2011, 12:19 PM
Please feel free to PM I will chase it up on my return I am on Bluemotion training till Wednesday..

All for maintaining customers and Brand integrity if made aware of it. :)

Thanks PM enroute. In short...it was a dealer install from new, but they acknowledged they did not fully code the RNS 510 - when I took it to GS Belconnen I think the issue was lost in translation between the service man, and the technician. Result - no change. I really appreciate your offer to assist. Brand integrity and customer service - awesome ;)

PhillipAudiDealer
09-04-2011, 01:07 PM
Thanks PM enroute. In short...it was a dealer install from new, but they acknowledged they did not fully code the RNS 510 - when I took it to GS Belconnen I think the issue was lost in translation between the service man, and the technician. Result - no change. I really appreciate your offer to assist. Brand integrity and customer service - awesome ;)

PS We were not the selling Dealer.. Cheers..

sVWatt
09-04-2011, 01:22 PM
PS We were not the selling Dealer.. Cheers..

Correct. Your sales team did not sell me the car. What I'd like is for your service team to provide a service though. I am sure once we speak next week we'll get a result. Thanks for your detailed PM offer.

Lieto
10-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Personally i love my yellow 6r.
Giving it a second thought i am considering white, but in general i think that black and grey are a bit too classy for such a small car and red is too agressive for me personally. So yellow fits just fine somewhere in between — not too boring, not too screaming.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9913/mypolo.jpg
Polo 6r Savannah Yellow (http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9913/mypolo.jpg)

I just hope they will be able to paint my skirts if i happen to buy few in lets say a year.

Corey_R
10-07-2011, 09:51 PM
I just hope they will be able to paint my skirts if i happen to buy few in lets say a year.
Volkswagen and your dealer wouldn't do that anyway... a bodyshop would. A good bodyshop could match any colour.

Lieto
10-07-2011, 09:54 PM
well, you know in ex-ussr its all different :D Only real way to not loose your warranty is to do everything through a dealer.
There are simply no certified bodyshops since they are not getting certified by official dealer because dealer want all the money from those upgrades :D

Corey_R
10-07-2011, 11:01 PM
Aah yeah, sorry, missed that you are in Kiev.