PDA

View Full Version : TDI? 88 lwb 4x4 sierra

Bluesuzy
30-03-2011, 01:01 PM
My project atm is a 88 Lwb Suzuki Sierra. I am at the stage of wondering what engine to put into it.

I have researched abit on the 1.9TDI on here but they all seem to be year 00' and under because of less wiring and immoboliser issues, And a hell of alot more easier variants. We did not get many variants here, And all our years are 00'++ e.g. 1.9beetle,golf,caddy,jetta probably some other variants like audi's etc but all very high pricing. Immobolisers were compulsry from 00'.

I have come across a 05' golf 1.9TDI without the turbo, cheap enough so i can do the conversion, i just need to know what parts to collect. I have read the shopping lists..Turbo will be extra, probably guessing max $1000ish 2nd hand from somewhere.

There also seems to be alot of 1.9 tdi caddys,Same motor? Now if only i could get a complete smashed one for cheap..

The Suzuki sierra is very basic, So i may run into problems running the motor as in what cluster i can/need to use and im sure alot of other things. Sierra speedo and odometer is cable driven. I will then need to convert the odometer and speedo to suit the tyres im running for legalities here.

So, i am chasing a more power than a common swap suzuki g16b efi, Which the tdi has. And better fuel economy to push these tyres and weight over long distance. Which the tdi will have.

Would probably run the lux gearbox and transfer. Have Toyota diffs and 35" KM2's.

I am not afraid of making things fit, The only thing i am worried about is the wiring!!!

Thoughts?

Will post some pics of car soon.