PDA

View Full Version : Got hit last night

Shade
29-05-2007, 09:44 AM
Can't believe it, Some #$%@ hit me from behind last night. I was stoppped at set of lights waiting for the green arrow to turn right and looked in the rear view mirror and saw the lights of this dumbass stop a little ways back from me then sudden started moving foward and didn't stop till it hit the back of me.

My heart sank :( coupled with a whole lot of anger :mad:. I was ready to rumble, got out of the car to greeted by this geeky looking four eyed #$%@!!! in a new rental Commodore.

Got out and all he could say was "sorry i don't know why i took my foot of the brake" and he turns out to be from NSW.

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I've only had it for less than 5 months.

Not much damage but the bumper has been marked up pretty good. Got his details and God help me he is going pay dearly for his stupidity.

I'm still in shock i think, still can't believe how stupid that guy was.:(

Too mant bad drivers on the roads these days, how ever did they get there drivers licenses is beyond me.:mad:

DaveMack
29-05-2007, 09:50 AM
Know how you must feel (murder in your heart). Hopefully there will be no structural damage and it will all be better when the rear bumper is fixed. :(

You're right ... there are too many idiots on the road ... they should just clear them and leave for us to drive on. :D

Cheers,
Dave

gtimk5
29-05-2007, 09:50 AM
So sorry to hear that Shade. Devestating, eh. Nothing worse than marking your pride and joy.
Makes you wonder why we get new cars, or take such pride in our cars when that happens.
Hope the damage isn't structural at all and that the C pillars aren't damaged at all.....
Andrew :(

gpk_gti
29-05-2007, 10:00 AM
ouch!!! not good mate!! :mad:

Rocket
29-05-2007, 01:09 PM
Wow, sorry dude where did it happen? I only saw you on the Springvale rd again late last week. Is the shark okay :)

Is there damage to the tailgate or is it just the bumper?

Shade
29-05-2007, 01:20 PM
Happened at the corner of Springvale and Canterbury roads at about 8.00pm. It doesn't look that it's going to be structural just marked the bumper pretty good. Tailgate opens as normal and nothing really feels broken, (thankfully Sharkie is OK, just a little shocked and angry like me)but i will have it looked at. At the least going to sting this tool for a new paint job on the bumper.:cry:

natee
29-05-2007, 02:40 PM
Got out and all he should say was "sorry i don't know why i took my foot of the brake"

:(:(

thats terrible

Timbo
29-05-2007, 02:58 PM
That's bad luck, Shade. But....look on the bright side... you're ok, and it sounds like there's nothing fundamentally structural affected

ryan_GTI
29-05-2007, 05:26 PM
Mate i feel your pain..

My car got hit by hail badly after a month of ownership - and sometimes i wonder what's the point of babying the car when crap like that happens all the time.

Hope ur car a speedy recovery.

SoVeReIgN
29-05-2007, 06:50 PM
My car got hit in the rear on the 1st of may - 4 weeks later and I still haven't got it back. :(

I feel your pain, its not a great feeling. Although I wasn't too upset at the time, im now really pissed off that some ****wit has put me out for 5+weeks beacuse he didn't know how to drive a ****ing car.

Must be worse given yours is relatively new. Its no longer a virgin-car. It has taken it up the ass. :p

gpk_gti
29-05-2007, 06:57 PM
my cousin with the new r32(3 weeks old) got hit in the rear yesterday,,,,now thats peed off!!!!!:mad:

shaneth
29-05-2007, 08:23 PM
sorry to hear about that Shade, Hope it all goes well.

Wand Weaver
29-05-2007, 08:28 PM
That's some tough luck, although it does sound that you got off pretty lightly given there's no actual damage done. A respray (paid by the other guy's insurance) should get that back to perfect condition in quick order.

There is something to be said for unpainted bumpers - the family had an Impreza that didn't have painted bumpers, and it got hit from behind, with no visible damage at all.

DOHCDAVE
29-05-2007, 08:35 PM
My baby got hit up the ass last week, feel for you all.
My girl isn't new but she's 31 and my liitle pride and joy.
All the work and hundreds of hrs spent on it, and what for. I just put new tail lights in it, after having them in boxes for five years, i said to myself, now these new lights are in, some dumbass is gonna rear end me.
AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED.
some dumbass hit me!

Hope all cars and their owners get well speedily.

Cheers Dave

ryan_GTI
29-05-2007, 10:16 PM
wtf, is my car the only ass virgin on the board?

nick1234
30-05-2007, 09:48 AM
G'day mate,

very sorry to hear that ! Get the guy to pay a little extra for the loss of value of your car - as it's brand new ! In case of a resale you'll get much less for it otherwise as it's had an accident ! Make sure of that !

This sort of rubbish happens all the time, so it's always good to have an old car you don't have to worry about.

Best of luck & take care !

Timbo
30-05-2007, 10:36 AM
Get the guy to pay a little extra for the loss of value of your car
Good concept, but I'd like to know how you can manage this if the issue is being hgandled between insurance companies :?

phaeton
30-05-2007, 10:50 AM
Gee crashes seem to be everywhere ATM :(

Yiorgos' Cousins R32
My Mothers Karmann Ghia and now your Pogo :(

Must be a conspiracy to get VWs out of Aust :o

Shade
30-05-2007, 11:53 AM
Doesn't matter if you car is brand new or 30 years old, if it's your pride and joy and some numb-skull or ding-bat with no driver skill hits it, it still hurts all the same. Heart-breaking :(:cry:

I think there are more accidents on the road lately because there are more bad drivers out there. Not enough driver traning and Real driver skill is going the way of ther DODO if you ask me.

Oh boy, i could open up a whole can O'worms with me ranting about driver skill and road users....... but i won't, not today anyway :evil:

HEY! i just noticed i have just become a senior member!......YIPPEE!!!.........wait..........D'oh! ........... now i feel old :(

dodgeGTI
04-06-2007, 08:48 AM
my neighbour decided that to park her **** box daewoo last night she was going to bounce it off my polo. she was really nice about it though, so nice she decided it was best not to disturb me. :mad:
I walked out this morning and there is black paint from beside my front number plate across, and her from bumper has a big hole in it surrounded by silver paint.

I wonder if she's planning on telling me?? :mad:

gpk_gti
04-06-2007, 09:05 AM
hmmm,,id be letting her tyres down,......nicely.
or putting some vaseline on the front windshield,this time be friendly about it.:D
if you say anything,you run the risk of finding someone keyed your car,or insurance will not cover it due to it being less than your excess.

Flaps
04-06-2007, 09:45 AM
Is she hot? You may be able to get something out of it?

Sorry to hear mate.

dodgeGTI
04-06-2007, 09:53 AM
She's a fat chick with a beat up Daewoo. That thing must have at least 4 or 5 paint samples from other cars..

I'll be visiting her with a quote tonight. Once she's paid me, the very next day she'll see me out the front of our place with the cut and polish ;)

gpk_gti
04-06-2007, 09:58 AM
ohhhh,you are hard!! hehehe,,didnt think of that flaps! :D

VWGTi
04-06-2007, 06:42 PM
Doesn't matter if you car is brand new or 30 years old, if it's your pride and joy and some numb-skull or ding-bat with no driver skill hits it, it still hurts all the same. Heart-breaking :(:cry:

I think there are more accidents on the road lately because there are more bad drivers out there. Not enough driver traning and Real driver skill is going the way of ther DODO if you ask me.

Oh boy, i could open up a whole can O'worms with me ranting about driver skill and road users....... but i won't, not today anyway :evil:

HEY! i just noticed i have just become a senior member!......YIPPEE!!!.........wait..........D'oh! ........... now i feel old :(

Hey Shade,
Sorry to hear about ur car! How long before you get it back?

Glide_GTI
05-06-2007, 01:04 AM
ahh dont worry mate, easily fixed.. they did a great job on my rear after its brief introduction with a grandma in a merc

dodgeGTI
05-06-2007, 08:46 AM
The saga continues...

Went next door to ask the bird how she intends to pay for the damage and whether or not she planned on owning up. She flat out denied it as first, but came around in the end saying, maybe she had her music up and she didn't notice blah blah and was happy to pay me once I have a quote for the repairs.
15 mins later there is a knock at the door and it's angry hubby saying, "nope she didn't do it, the angle is wrong and there is no black paint on your car".
Well there is black paint on my car at the exact same height some is missing off hers, the angle is wrong, hence why the cars hit mine rather than driving into the car park.
So I filled a report with the Po Po & now they are being pinched for leaving the scene of an accident on top of having to flip the bill for the repairs. :D

gpk_gti
05-06-2007, 08:49 AM
yyeeoooww!! looks like the battle of the neighbors!!! you not worried about your car being maliciously damaged after this??

dodgeGTI
05-06-2007, 09:03 AM
yyeeoooww!! looks like the battle of the neighbors!!! you not worried about your car being maliciously damaged after this??

Not really, it's not like I don't know whos responsible ;)

gpk_gti
05-06-2007, 09:09 AM
he could get someone else????you park your car outside at night??

DubSteve
05-06-2007, 09:29 AM
I would be watching your car from now on dude, It looks like its on like Donkey Kong ;)

dodgeGTI
05-06-2007, 09:31 AM
ha ha....We live in townhouses that are in a small estate, you drive about 50m off the main street and park 15 steps from your front door.

Flaps
05-06-2007, 10:19 AM
Be careful with neighbourhood disputes. Here's my story:

We had an evil neighbour(25-30yr's old) across the road when I was younger. One day I made a small skid on the nature strip out the front of his place. He was unemployed and lived with his parents. He used to be constantly out in the garden caring for it(his form of rent?). He wasn't pleased with my 2 inch wide BMX skiddy(which was accidental on wet grass) and tried to chase me. He also accused me of smashing beer bottles on the road and proceeded to verbally abuse my mother. I was about 9...

Anyway one weekend came and my parents had fitted a new concrete square around one of the trees on our nature strip. We awoke on the Sunday to find it the concrete square broken into bits and through the back window of our Commodore wagon along with a few panels kicked in. We knew it was him since he was out watching me with my parents fit the thing around the tree, but we had no proof. His parents ended up kicking him out after we threatened to take legal action over a number of things.

dodgeGTI
05-06-2007, 11:35 AM
farrk, no good, sounds like a nutter.

I should be right, two of mates from footy live two doors down and another two mates live 4 doors down as well. It's like local footy melrose place. He'd be silly to do anything. :D

DubSteve
05-06-2007, 12:31 PM
Sit outside your house of a morning with a shotgun.........waiting ;)

Shade
05-06-2007, 12:46 PM
Finally got it looked at and it looks like it's only minor damage to the bumper. Looks like a re-spray job but i'm not sure when i can get it done at this stage.

It was suppose to go in for a brake upgrade this month (Greens, Braided Hoses & Motul fluid) might see if i can get it done after that.

dodgeGTI
05-06-2007, 03:22 PM
Quotes just in $514 & $547
Basically a front bumper remove, re-spray & fit.

Hopefully they don't opt for the leaving the scence of an accident charge on top and just pay me! :D