PDA

View Full Version : Fabia 2011??

spaz74
27-03-2011, 11:56 AM
Anyone got a heads up of when the Fabia will arrive and in what configurations and price? I was expecting it before the 3rd Q. Any news will be good news.

K1W1
27-03-2011, 02:27 PM
The Yeti was supposed to arrive Q1 and that only has 4 days to go with no announcements.

Jake02
27-03-2011, 03:39 PM
The Yeti was supposed to arrive Q1 and that only has 4 days to go with no announcements.

It was originally first quarter and then Skoda Aus announced a July landing for the Yeti and I assume that's because that's when the MY12 models will come on stream (colour and trim shuffles, a few new wheel designs, different-coloured roofs as an option, electric-folding mirrors on higher-specs, tables on the back of the front seats as an option and the option to also get the front passenger seat as a fold-flat design to put surfboards or long Ikea furniture in). I wish they'd have the 1.4TSI instead of the 1.2TSI in the local line-up however...

My prediction is that Fabia will happen before the end of this year, but I think it'll just scrape it in. Whether it'll be RS only or they'll bring in a wide range is something I'm not sure about. The Polo GTI is $33k on-road for the 5-door, so Skoda would have to get it in at $30k on-road to represent some of the best value in the country (which the Polo GTI is currently regarded as). I have to say that I wasn't really that impressed with the Fabia when I sat in it in NZ a few months ago but each to their own I guess. I know it will push Skoda sales up, that's for sure.

spaz74
30-03-2011, 07:28 PM
Thanks. I was hoping for it to come in a good trim like the superb. That might be wishful thinking though.

Frufru
31-03-2011, 09:55 PM
According to this the launch of Fabia and Yeti is set for July. Just check this out:

Skoda Fabia confirmed for Australian launch in July | Car Advice | Reviews (http://www.caradvice.com.au/113130/skoda-fabia-confirmed-for-australian-launch-in-july/)

I am not convinced though that Fabia will sell well here. I reckon Yeti has more chance. The pricing on Fabia will be pretty steep and I do not think they will manage to get enough traffic through showrooms. Also wagon version and RS (!!!) does not come until end of the year. I think wagon should be available from word go. So Yeti is better positioned for the market launch, me thinks.

dArK5HaD0w
01-04-2011, 09:45 AM
i like the looks of the monte carlo edition :)
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/03/SkodaFabiaMonteCarlo-1.jpg
they mention the RS version won't b here till later in the year.

Jake02
01-04-2011, 10:17 AM
You know I did post that in the thread below :P.

dArK5HaD0w
01-04-2011, 11:02 AM
You know I did post that in the thread below :P.

my bad....i didn't c that thread before ;)

phaeton
03-07-2011, 09:49 AM
Fabia 77TSI 5sp man
Fabia 77TSI 7sp DSG
Fabia Wagon 77TSI 5sp man
Fabia Wagon 77TSI 7sp DSG
Fabia Monte Carlo 77TSI 7sp DSG
Fabia RS 132TSI 7sp DSG
Fabia RS Wagon 132TSI 7sp DSG

VAG newbie
04-08-2011, 01:31 AM
Has anyone got any further up dates on Yeti and Fabia? When will they arrive in dealer's show room? Are they on the boat now?

Jake02
04-08-2011, 10:30 AM
I think it's this month for the Fabia and next month for the Yeti. I'm aching to drive the Yeti!

phaeton
05-08-2011, 07:33 AM
Fabia & Fabia Monte Carlo 77TSI manual from late September (DSG from first quarter 2012)
Roomster 77TSI from first quarter 2012
Yeti 77TSI and 103TDI from late September

Zelig
05-08-2011, 09:07 AM
I think it's this month for the Fabia and next month for the Yeti. I'm aching to drive the Yeti!

I received this email from Skoda Australia on Monday:-

------------------------------------------------------
Your chance to test drive

Thanks for visiting us on the SKODA stand at the Motorshow and requesting more details about the exciting Yeti. We hope you received your brochure and enjoyed finding out more about its simply clever features.

Now you can test drive it for yourself. We invite you to your nearest SKODA dealer - Northshore SKODA - to see why Yeti is one of the best value cars in Australia.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

SKODA Australia
---------------------------------------------------------

Only problem is when I rang up the dealer, they said they wouldn't be getting any demonstrator Yetis until October. A second Skoda dealer in Sydney said the same.

I rang Skoda Australia Customer Care and they confirmed the end of Sept/early October as the date for arrival of Yetis at dealers.

Not sure who wrote the above email, but clearly they have gone off a little early about test drives.

I did receive the full brochure in the mail.