PDA

View Full Version : MDI Standard on GTI?

GraveDilute
22-03-2011, 05:10 AM
Brains trust,

I've gone ahead and ordered the bits from the UK and Germany to retrofit the MDI to my GTI but I was looking through the spec sheet again and it seems to say the MDI is standard on the GTI?

Am I reading the spec sheet right and it was meant to be fit by the dealer and forgotten or am I reading it wrong?

Other GTI owners, please confirm

Link to spechttp://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Polo-GTI_Specs.pdf

GTI JOE
22-03-2011, 05:24 AM
Brains trust,

I've gone ahead and ordered the bits from the UK and Germany to retrofit the MDI to my GTI but I was looking through the spec sheet again and it seems to say the MDI is standard on the GTI?

Am I reading the spec sheet right and it was meant to be fit by the dealer and forgotten or am I reading it wrong?

Other GTI owners, please confirm

Link to spechttp://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Polo-GTI_Specs.pdf

MDI is not standard for the Polo GTI. It comes with the Audio Pack which includes the RCD510 unit. Read the brochure from VGA:)

gavs
22-03-2011, 08:25 AM
Nope, GTI JOE is right, no MDI standard. If it's retro fitted at the dealer, the poms are saying they buthcher up part of the inside of your glovebox to fit it. Hopefully you do a nicer job yourself :) Did you make sure it works with the RCD310 standard unit in the Polo before ordering? Or did you order the RCD510 as well. Would be interested in teh costs as factory fit was a $500 option, or was that the $770? I think $770...

Frostee
22-03-2011, 08:49 AM
Yep, audio pack was $770 when ordered as an option

GraveDilute
22-03-2011, 05:59 PM
OK, thanks.

The spec sheet is a little misleading, it has an S against the MDI but I can see how it is "S" when you order the RCD510 which is an "A" for accessory.

I ordered the MDI unit from the UK and the piggyback, plug and play harness from Germany for about $180 all up.

I'll update my RNS510 install thread once done.

I plan to do the Bluetooth in the same hit, so it'll be a good day in the car once I get all the parts.
Maybe time to chuck a sicky!

Miles Away
23-03-2011, 09:58 PM
I got the dealer to fit my MDI here before i bought it job was fine.