PDA

View Full Version : quarter mile times for new GTI?

Petrina Polo
19-03-2011, 09:26 PM
Hi,

How are the mods coming along on these twin charged units? are we getting these little cars down the quarter in the 13s?

The 1.8T polo GTi was getting in the very low 14s and high 13s. So is this new version better?

break
20-03-2011, 12:57 PM
The 1.8T polo GTi was getting in the very low 14s and high 13s. So is this new version better?LOL!

Find me any FWD 1.8T car that hasn't gone that K04 route that's doing 13's and i'll eat my shoe. Tuned 1.8T Polo's are doing mid to high 14's.

I'd expect similar performance from one of the new Polo's running a stage 1 tune... probably a little faster thanks to the DSG (so low 14's to mid 14's)

Frostee
20-03-2011, 01:52 PM
LOL!

Find me any FWD 1.8T car that hasn't gone that K04 route that's doing 13's and i'll eat my shoe. Tuned 1.8T Polo's are doing mid to high 14's.

I'd expect similar performance from one of the new Polo's running a stage 1 tune... probably a little faster thanks to the DSG (so low 14's to mid 14's)

Sorry this old bloke needs a translation

"Find me any FWD 1.8T car that hasn't gone that K04 route that's doing 13's and i'll eat my shoe."

gavs
20-03-2011, 04:22 PM
K04 is a bolt on turbo upgrade for the 1.8 turbo engine in the last polo gti an mk4 golf gti:)

instigator
25-03-2011, 03:48 AM
ok, sounds like a challange ;-)

my stock polo did 15.068sec on official 1/4th mile.
i get it custom tuned with stock K03s on 2 april.
and 10 april there is a official 1/4th mile dragrace in germany where i'll be going to.
bet i can get AT LEAST in the low 14's.
i'll try to get a 13.9 out of it on street tyres.
i'll let you guys know what i did...

ps: you want some salt to go with that shoe?? :P :banana:

Sharkie
25-03-2011, 06:16 AM
LOL!

Start eating mate, 9N3 Polo GTI owner, without K04, without LSD and on stock tyres on the Gold Coast in 2006 did a 13.9 .... search through the older threads in the Polo section .... he even posted timeslips.:cool:

Its not all about the car, but about about the driver as well ..... :P

break
25-03-2011, 01:02 PM
Start eating mate, 9N3 Polo GTI owner, without K04, without LSD and on stock tyres on the Gold Coast in 2006 did a 13.9 .... search through the older threads in the Polo section .... he even posted timeslips.:cool:

Its not all about the car, but about about the driver as well ..... :PAuxillary mods? I'm guessing exhaust/intake/FMIC/DV?

Indeed, it's not all about the car... but the mph a tuned Polo (just a tune anyway) can put out isn't enough for 13's no matter how good the drive.

To give you a comparison though, my stock MY05 WRX WRP10 (175kw @ fly, 140.3kw @ wheels on ChipTorque dyno at the Rexnet dyno day) did a 13.7. Tuned Polo's really aren't quick in the scheme of things.

Sharkie
25-03-2011, 01:25 PM
Auxillary mods? I'm guessing exhaust/intake/FMIC/DV?

Indeed, it's not all about the car... but the mph a tuned Polo (just a tune anyway) can put out isn't enough for 13's no matter how good the drive.

To give you a comparison though, my stock MY05 WRX WRP10 (175kw @ fly, 140.3kw @ wheels on ChipTorque dyno at the Rexnet dyno day) did a 13.7. Tuned Polo's really aren't quick in the scheme of things.

Actually tuned Polo's are very quick ..... just not so good launching off the line .... that Polo had intake and DV only as additional mods.

My GTI had more mods and made 140kw atw (175+kw atf) and had no problems dispatching tuned WRX's in day to day driving. Even a mates 06 STI could not keep up in 3rd gear accelleration 60-130 .... and he tried a few times as he was convinced nothing from VW could touch him .... :eek: .... turned out he was wrong .... :P .... a little lightly modded Polo GTI made him look silly in front of all the other WRX disciples ..... Boy, sometimes I miss that car ... :cool:

instigator
26-03-2011, 02:47 AM
Auxillary mods? I'm guessing exhaust/intake/FMIC/DV?

so you want to talk about subaru...?:facepalm:
you say polo's aren't quick? ok, thats youre thing.
but how the hell you want to compare a 1.8T FWD against a 2.0T 4wd car???
those cars are complete, but COMPLETE other worlds.
a polo with K03s is verry active from 2000rpm until 5000rpm.
a subaru impreza is active from middle to high RPM's.
polo is FWD so it will be verry hard to get decent under 6sec 0-60. (if it's tuned)
a subaru does it in what? 5 - 5.5sec stock or so?
and when it's going it has to drag the weight, and thats where a polo is better,
it weighs nothing.

a couple of days ago i raced my as good as stock polo against my friends impreza with 250hp. (first model and minor mods, but pretty stock also)
from low down rolling start he could not catch me due to his turbolag.
in middle area we were equal and in higher rpm the subaru was faster.
pretty normal outcome, but thets where you see where wich car is best.
keeping in mind that he still has about 80hp more as me and about 50nm at least.

so, you and youre subaru just get under the 14sec?
and you did a 0-60 from about +-4.5sec or so? right?
a decent tuned polo stage 2 with a good driver must be able to get under the 14's also.
with a 0-60time from about let's say 6sec..? (i bet i can reach 5.8 or faster :P)
in the launch from 0-60 that makes a difference of about 1.5sec,
and on the 1/4th (a polo that does 13.9) thats a difference of 0.2sec only.
that means that your subaru with alot more power is only faster in the launch,
after that, the polo will be gaining on you pal.. :cool:

conclusion, the polo is not slow at all with k03s.
if you think it is, put a ihi vf34 on it or a gt28rs turbo on it and let's talk again :P