PDA

View Full Version : It's done

Brian916
15-03-2011, 07:42 PM
Well,

after 2 weeks waiting for a reply from VW, I've cancelled the Polo order. Pretty sad to have to do that, and the only reason I FINALLY got a reply to my emails to VW was by hitting the German parent telling them of the lack of response from the local mob.:mad:

There is some good news though. I've got a Golf GTi just waiting for the lease to be finalised.:P

Over to the Golf 6 thread....

Good luck all with your orders.

gavs
15-03-2011, 08:02 PM
Sorry to hear that mate, at least you're keeping it in the family though:)

Cheers mate, all the best with the Golf:)

sVWatt
15-03-2011, 08:07 PM
Onya - sorry our AUS co. is slack on caring for customers. Big marketing budget. Small communications budget?

GTI JOE
16-03-2011, 05:14 AM
I'm sure that there must be many people in your shoes Brian. VGA, as has been mentioned many times before on this forum are pretty slack and yes, writing to VG HQ seems to get results. In my case, I had a beef with the dealer AND VGA, I cancelled my order as well, but luckily found a decent dealer that believes in customer service and re-ordered with them.

I'm sure that you will enjoy the Golf equally:)

burned
16-03-2011, 09:27 PM
Good on you Brian.

I did the same thing last saturday.. walked in an cancelled my polo gti order because I was blatently being screwed around by everyone at volkswagen - from the dealer all the way up to Germany. I'm positive i've been told porky pies by the dealer (how can i be the only person that ordered in the first 2 weeks that has been told 13+ months delivery), VGA have been useless (they could be doing WAY more to secure more stock and when i called them the kid who answered spoke to me as if I was an idiot), and VW Germany have proven yet again that they have ZERO product planning/forecasting skills - a good company should be all over the ENTIRE process (i.e. from design/development all the way through to delivery and after sales). They've nailed everything up to design and development but have severely failed from the manufacturing process onwards. ugh.. i don't understand how people can be SO stupid. Its not like they didn't see it coming either after MkV golf gti and Tiguan.

Anyhow enough venting. Ordered an A1 instead on the weekend. Customer service top notch. None of this "if you don't order any options you'll get it 12 months sooner". Factory order and guaranteed delivery for when I get back from my 2 month holiday in early July - the dealer will arrange for a loan car if there is any delay as i'm ditching my current car before i leave on my holiday. Yeah I paid a bit extra but clearly audi wanted me to be a satisfied customer rather than me trying to be a satisfied customer for VW.

Good luck everyone else who is waiting!

kevvie
16-03-2011, 09:56 PM
what spec/price did you go for on the A1?

crumbs
16-03-2011, 10:59 PM
what spec/price did you go for on the A1?

What he said! :P You wouldn't be the only one fed up with VW's appalling customer service.

burned
17-03-2011, 01:29 AM
The polo gti was fully specced excluding pleather seats and including bluetooth and sensors for $36k.

I am getting an A1 Ambition S Tronic in Pearl Black w/ contrast roof arches in silver, upgraded 17' V spoke alloys, media pack, climate control, upgraded audio, rear sensors, panoramic sunroof, xenons w/LEDs. All that for 45k onroad - worth 51k so i got a pretty good deal. Also the corporate program throws in free servicing for first 3 services (45k kms) and pick up/ drop off for servicing. AND i get my car at least 6 months sooner! Its also more fuel efficient (takes 95 RON and has start/stop) and cheaper to insure as well which is also good. Yeah its a bit slower, but I mostly drive in Sydney peak hour so acceleration bursts are usually for 20m lol. Also the A1 doesn't look very attractive on standard wheels and without xenons.

I really really really hope that Karma comes back to bite VGA on the butt. While they are in a unique position at the moment where they don't really have to do anything to sell cars, you don't see other marques in the same situation being such b*tches!

GTI JOE
17-03-2011, 05:32 AM
There will come a time when VGA will need customers to buy their cars, it could be through another financial crisis or other factors, but it will come as history has shown. If they continue to treat customers with appalling service, then they will go down;(

So sorry to hear that Brian and burned have cancelled their orders, but they did the right thing, I think many of us would do the same. Good luck with your cars, I'm sure you will enjoy them equally:)

gavs
17-03-2011, 07:10 AM
Burned, I can feel your pain. Did you happen to get a NADCON readout though? Because if you were just dealing with a sales hack who seemingly have the mental capacity of a wet fart, they probaby wouldn't know anything. I really hope for your sake that your car wasn't being built in the next couple of weeks, that would be heartbreaking :(

burned
17-03-2011, 11:27 AM
Thanks GTI Joe:) Hopefully the extra $ means that i will enjoy it more lol

Gavs, I called the dealership in Feb to basically say i only wanted to deal with the dealer principal b/c i figured that he should be the most honest person there. Before I cancelled i double checked whether or not he had any idea when my car would be built. He said he only knew the build date of those people who were lucky enough to receive an allocation. I double checked with VGA and they pretty much said the same thing. Luckily i'll never find out whether it was going to get built in the next couple of weeks because I'm done with that dealership!

As you can tell i moved on from my broken heat quickly lol. walked into VW on saturday morning and cancelled the order. then walked straight across the road to order the audi!

gavs
17-03-2011, 11:43 AM
Sounds like you got a $itty dealer principle because if he was worth his salt, being in early like you say you were would have gotten you a build like Frostee! VGA, well they can't organise a root in a brothel so don't trust a thing that comes out of their mouths!!

pologti18t
17-03-2011, 01:08 PM
Aren't buyers in the UK experiencing the same delivery problems we are?

gavs
17-03-2011, 03:49 PM
Seems that most of them now are experiencing between 4 and 7 month waits from date of order to delivery....

GTI JOE
17-03-2011, 03:53 PM
Thanks GTI Joe:) Hopefully the extra $ means that i will enjoy it more lol

Gavs, I called the dealership in Feb to basically say i only wanted to deal with the dealer principal b/c i figured that he should be the most honest person there. Before I cancelled i double checked whether or not he had any idea when my car would be built. He said he only knew the build date of those people who were lucky enough to receive an allocation. I double checked with VGA and they pretty much said the same thing. Luckily i'll never find out whether it was going to get built in the next couple of weeks because I'm done with that dealership!

As you can tell i moved on from my broken heat quickly lol. walked into VW on saturday morning and cancelled the order. then walked straight across the road to order the audi!

Surely someone at VGA reads these issues with dealerships. Perhaps it's time to instruct salesman in honesty, integrity and ethics....holy carp was that another pig flying past;)