PDA

View Full Version : My New Polo GTI

Miles Away
14-03-2011, 02:41 PM
I thought I might post a few pics of my new pride and joy.

I originally had placed an order for the 5dr in flash red with a comfort pack with Barloworld Five Dock on the condition that it was already on its way here and would arrive in the last week of march. Long story short, the sales person there said if I chose the red I had 3 options and they would all be here in that shipment other wise if I was set on the reflex silver it would be cheaper (due to discount) and it would be here August/September. I put the deposit down on the red and here is where the fun starts.

Mid way through February I was told that my car would now be here in October as there was damage to my original car because "while sitting in quarantine a bird **** on it and it ate through the paint" I found this a little hard to believe so I went ahead an questioned his manager the next day only to find him very puzzled and telling me there is no damaged car, there never has been, my car was ALWAYS to arrive in October and he knew nothing about any of what the salesperson had told me.

As you can imagine I took my money and bought this one from the guys at Tamworth VW and had it within the next week.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/03/Picture121-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/03/Picture119-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/03/Picture125-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/03/Picture118-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/03/Picture113-1.jpg

GraveDilute
14-03-2011, 03:02 PM
Gday matey,

I'm willing to bet that the silver you have is the car that Hunter VW and Tamworth VW swapped so that I could get my red 5 dr.
Small world, heh?

Gambit
14-03-2011, 03:17 PM
Nice one !

bigfoot
14-03-2011, 03:27 PM
bird poo...classic

congrats!

JaneAusten
14-03-2011, 03:30 PM
That is awesome. Congrats dude.

Frostee
14-03-2011, 05:31 PM
Congratulations on your new arrival. Nice pics, nice car. Enjoy ;)

GTI JOE
14-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Nice car dude..... must've been one big bird;)

Ralfi
14-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Nice. It even comes with the COTY sticker on the back! (I'd remove that - I made sure all dealer stickers were left behind when I bought my gti).
:)

yas786
14-03-2011, 09:49 PM
Congrats. Looks the part in silver.

gavs
15-03-2011, 07:03 AM
Mid way through February I was told that my car would now be here in October as there was damage to my original car because "while sitting in quarantine a bird **** on it and it ate through the paint" I found this a little hard to believe so I went ahead an questioned his manager the next day only to find him very puzzled and telling me there is no damaged car, there never has been, my car was ALWAYS to arrive in October and he knew nothing about any of what the salesperson had told me.

Brilliant excuse, a bird $hit ate through the paint when most of the car is wrapped in a protective film, and if indeed in quarantine, then it could be re-sprayed at a local panel shop prior to delivery.... I would have asked questions along that line so you could make sure you caught the bas**rd lying in front of his service manager! :)

I swear, VW has to have the WORST sales staff in their dealerships out of all the dealerships I have been into, they can't even construct a good lie and don't hold any bones about bull$hiting you.

Maybe that could be a new thread, "How have you been screwed by a VW dealer and what lies have you been told...." I know GTI Joe and I could share a few between us;)

Wow, that was blatently off topic!

Enjoy your new toy while those of us who wait continue waiting:)

Miles Away
16-03-2011, 09:21 PM
must've been one big bird;)
HAHA! That's exactly what I said to them

And Gavs I completely agree, between cars not being there to test drive when I had made the appointment to this w**ker at five dock i have come to realise that full sales credit goes to the guys who design and build these cars because the service is S***house.

aljobar
20-03-2011, 08:04 PM
Congratulations mate. I hope you're enjoying the car. The euro plates really look schmick!

ventlo
17-04-2011, 05:02 PM
Silver is definitely my fave colour on the new Pog. Hope to order a 3dr in silver this week. Not looking forward to the wait :(

Vaku
17-04-2011, 10:34 PM
looks stunning mate, I really like it.. well done! ;)

russ83
18-04-2011, 11:07 PM
Got my golf tsi from barloworld, was told 2mth wait, sold my polo GTI after 2mths, proceeded to wait 3more months

russ83
18-04-2011, 11:12 PM
... And then it had a paint defect on delivery. They might be number 1 in sales for VW in Australia, but I'm not going there again that's for sure

Snowz
06-05-2011, 07:45 PM
SNAP :P

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/05/PoloGTINight-2.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/05/P1020059-2.jpg

Frostee
06-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Sooo nice!

Great looking car, thank you for the front spoiler view that I hadn't seen the way you posted. For a factory body kit I reckon it looks sweet.

I originally wanted silver but decided on white. I'm still perplexed and your photos make that worse for me. I'm still happy with my decision but love the photo!

Enjoy your ride

VdubBully
07-05-2011, 03:41 AM
Hey,

nice GTI!

Makes me wonder if I should go silver or stick with white if I order a GTI..

REXman
07-05-2011, 05:04 AM
Mate your car is FTW! Love the colour and shows off the body beast. Nice choice.

Smacca
07-05-2011, 02:07 PM
Congrats mate!

At first I thought the silver was a little ... plain. But then I came across this image and I'm converted...

http://www.dymacvehiclegroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Volkswagen-POLO-GTI-2011.jpg

Looks HOT!

gavs
07-05-2011, 11:11 PM
I think in seen that, isn't that a cad render off turbo squid?

Smacca
08-05-2011, 05:10 PM
I think in seen that, isn't that a cad render off turbo squid?

Actually yes Gavs, you're right.

3D 3ds polo volkswagen gti (http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/543845)

Although that image had me fooled at first. The other angles aren't so convincing, but still impressive.

gavs
08-05-2011, 05:11 PM
I recognised I because I was going to download it:)

RoknRob
09-05-2011, 09:24 AM
Well, I received my black 5 door GTI on Saturday, and would love to show you a picture, but apparently I'm not allowed to post attachments. Oh well.

First impressions - and I can't believe I'm about to write this - is that the critics were right - my lowly 2007 Mazda2 is more fun! Here's why:

Firstly, let me say that the GTI feels incredibly solid and safe and upmarket. I love the little touches like the metal door sill inserts that state GTI.

But on my daily commute - a windy country road - my manual Mazda 2 feels lighter, more engaging, more like a go-kart - you can throw it around the bends. It also helps that it is a manual, with a relatively pokey engine, so you have to work the gears. Lots of fun!

With the GTI, I get up to speed so quick, I'm left to cruise! And it certainly doesn't feel like it's reaching even close to its limits around the bends... probably a good thing for a daily commuter. And the paddles? Well, I hadn't realized just how much like switches they resemble - not terribly satisfying.

Granted, I haven't had a chance to play with it too much (family commitments last weekend), so hopefully this feeling will change as I get to know it a bit better. Maybe I just need to book some track time! :)

gavs
09-05-2011, 12:58 PM
You're just not pushing it hard enough Rob:) push it to the point of the ESC catching you out, then you will know the limit and exactly how engaging it can be!

seangti
09-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Agree with Gavs, you probably need to be carrying 20% more speed to get that involvement, by which point you are significantly above the speed.

I had similar impressions when I modded suspension in a subaru. It's just that I could now take corners signed at 60km/h at 100km/h with the same involvement as I could have at 70-80km/h. And my polo is much the same with the bilsteins in. Also, bear in mind while all reports have rated the Mazda as you've said, it's tyres are much smaller, suspension is softer, engine not as powerful, meaning the level of entertainment comes at lower speeds.

RoknRob
09-05-2011, 05:17 PM
I'm hearing what you're saying, gav and sean, and you're no doubt right.

What I was basically saying is that I can have lots of fun with the Mazda AND be lawful :)
On a daily basis...
In fact, even if there is traffic ahead of me, I'm often still able to enjoy the drive.

What I don't want is to end up like a friend of mine who is down to 1 demerit point not long after picking up his Golf GTI! :o Now not only is his drive not enjoyable... it's downright stressful! I doubt he would even entertain the thought of a little drag race with me, at this point!

As I said, I look forward to pushing it at the track!

gavs
09-05-2011, 05:49 PM
It's only illegal if you get caught;)

GTI JOE
09-05-2011, 05:51 PM
LOL....finally changed your sig gav :)

gavs
09-05-2011, 05:57 PM
Sure did;)

GTI JOE
09-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Still not as cool as a 3dr..hehe

RoknRob
11-05-2011, 11:08 PM
Ok... I'll admit to having had a little fun on the ride home today... ;)

Smacca
12-05-2011, 10:49 AM

Haha, sounds like you the GTI are getting to know each other... :driver:

gavs
12-05-2011, 12:25 PM

Details of said fun path?? :)

RoknRob
12-05-2011, 03:14 PM
Details of said fun path?? :)

Nothing special, just my daily commute on a winding country road up here in Queensland! This time, though, I had clear air in front of me... ;)