PDA

View Full Version : DNA Tuning Polo upgrades available

gavs
08-03-2011, 11:58 AM
For all of you who just hang out in this here section of the site....

2011 TSI Special from DNA Tuning Australia

DNA Tuning Australia is proud to announce its first special offer for 2011. It has been a long time coming; sincerest apologies to those who have been patiently waiting for this announcement.

Thanks to VWWC's support over the last 5 months, DNA Tuning Australia has been able to commence transition to a new range of tuning equipment and technologies that will support a range of new and existing VW models.

Collaborating with DNA Tuning Headquarters in the UK, here are our first offerings for TSI models this year. All prices will be valid until the end of this financial year. Please note that some offerings will not be available until mid-March.

NEW TSI Engines:

• 77TSI: 77kW / 175Nm -> 100kW / 220Nm $830
• 90TSI: 90kW / 200Nm -> 118kW / 250Nm $830
• 118TSI: 118kW / 240Nm -> 155kW / 300Nm $930
• 1.4 TSI GTI: 132kW / 250Nm -> 155kW / 300Nm $930

All "older" TSI ECU upgrades will be offered at a flat rate of $730.

To be eligible for the upgrade, please register your interest as soon as possible by sending an email to dnatuning.aus@gmail.com. Include in your email your name, contact number, car make/model/year, and your location.

To make things interesting; the first 10 customers in Melbourne with any TSI engine will be given free before and after dyno runs (subject to certain conditions/criteria). These dyno runs will be used for future DNA Tuning Australia advertising material and to adjust performance specifications.

All services and upgrades provided are 100% reversible and are covered by a full 14 day money back satisfaction guarantee.

GTI JOE
08-03-2011, 04:17 PM
Hey Gav,
Is that $930 installed? for • 1.4 TSI GTI: 132kW / 250Nm -> 155kW / 300Nm
This might be cheaper than the APR ECU upgrade (which is not released yet). What do you think...should we go for it?

gavs
08-03-2011, 07:48 PM
Not sure mate, the original post is in the ecu tuning part if the forum. I'm still a bit unsure regarding the life of the dsg box with over 250nm running through it... Might wait to see who's car blows up overseas first;)

Azzamataz
08-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Very interesting. Cheap power upgrade. I would be interested in the extra 50nm for the 77tsi.

Is it an ecu upgrade that cannot be changed back to normal?

Frostee
09-03-2011, 04:56 AM
"All services and upgrades provided are 100% reversible"

yas786
09-03-2011, 03:35 PM
Im certainly interested. But no mention of it being hidden from prying eyes to avoid loss of warranty?

gavs
09-03-2011, 03:49 PM
Yeah, I believe that's one of the beauties of the APR setup, though we would have to check with guy first....

gavs
09-03-2011, 03:51 PM
Very interesting. Cheap power upgrade. I would be interested in the extra 50nm for the 77tsi.

Is it an ecu upgrade that cannot be changed back to normal?

Hey azzamataz, you interested in joining in here? We currently have around 15 cars I believe...
http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/f128/vic-polo-cruise-once-our-cars-get-here-55656.html

GTI JOE
09-03-2011, 08:29 PM
So what is the consensus? DNA or APR? considering one would be nearly half the price of the other.

Azzamataz
11-03-2011, 07:13 PM
Hey ill let you know about the Cruise. Got a bit going on at the moment.
Spoke to DNA, upgrade is reversible if you need a warranty done on the drive train but at "a small fee"

sVWatt
15-03-2011, 06:47 PM
Hi,
What's the consensus ? Anyone added some DNA to their VW Polo ?

Eagerly waiting...

gavs
15-03-2011, 07:24 PM
After asking a couple of questions in the tuning section...:

Hey guys

Wanted to leave some feed back on the DNA tune that I received from john on my 2010 polo 77tsi.

So I got the new program put in by John on Thursday(10th) and have had it for a few days driving now. Like all of you I was a little hesitant at first but after meeting John and having a chat I was happy to proceed to see what sort of output we were able to get. The biggest impression it has left on me is just how smooth the car is running, which is quite surprising for a brand new car. I found that before the reflash it was jerky in first gear especially and even between the gear changes but the upgrade has somehow eliviated this issue.

The engine is happy to keep revving until you want it to now and power delivery is quite noticeable. You can literally hear the spooling up of the turbo which you couldn't before. Love this!!!! It has made the car alot easier to drive in alot of ways and hasn't lost that daily driveability which was important to me.

The Numbers provided by John I suppose are proof of the increase but in the car while driving there is deifinately a massive change in the way the engine is performing. We are yet to put the car on a Dyno to get some accurate figures on this and will keep everyone updated as to what the results are.

Until then I cannot recommend John highly enough for the way he handled all the million questions I had for him as well as the ease of the entire process.

Happy to answer any questions anyone might have as well....

Cheers Guys

gavs
15-03-2011, 07:26 PM
To which, John at DNA replied......

Vin, thankyou very much for the kind words - it means alot and I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the car! It's amazing how the first thing I noticed was that the car idled better - at first I thought I was imagining it, but when we both agreed on it I knew it wasn't just placebo effect! The 77 TSI is a nice little package already; really all it needed was some more poke to turn it into something truly great.

gavs; you can feel free to trial our software for 14 days - payment is required upfront but as with every customer I offer a full 14 day money-back satisfaction guarantee. Not to discredit APR's product of course, but I too never found the need to switch to stock when I first bought my S4 with an APR chip; I mean, the right foot is there to control the power anyway.

So to me, dependent on the APR figures, DNA looks like a very promising prospect :)

sVWatt
15-03-2011, 08:18 PM
Awesome to read - cheers
John is going to post me up the DIY kit next month.
Itchy itchy - gotta scratch ... ;)

gavs
15-03-2011, 08:23 PM
So you have taken the plunge?!

sVWatt
15-03-2011, 09:10 PM
I'd talked it over with John and he'd sent me some test figures. I was just waiting for an independent confirmation on the outcomes. I've said I am good to add some DNA to my TSi next month :)

gavs
15-03-2011, 09:36 PM
Very cool, you will have to keep us updated through this thread :)

GTI JOE
16-03-2011, 05:07 AM
I'd talked it over with John and he'd sent me some test figures. I was just waiting for an independent confirmation on the outcomes. I've said I am good to add some DNA to my TSi next month :)

Good on you 77kw polo TSi, hope the upgrade goes well. I'm sure that there are many of us waiting for the results:)

Miles Away
16-03-2011, 09:15 PM
I would be very interested to see how this upgrade goes on the GTI's before i get myself too excited.

kevvie
16-03-2011, 10:01 PM
Guys, dumb question...if there is a Polo 118TSI that would mean same power output could be available but with a manual gearbox...but I understand 118 TSI is Golf only ????

Corey_R
16-03-2011, 10:33 PM
The quoted info in the first post was ECU's for engines - not specifically for the Polo. Obviously there is no Polo 118TSI - hence you need to look at the 1.4 TSI GTI line instead.

gavs
17-03-2011, 07:06 AM
Yes, what corey said:)

Don't go by the figures on the DNA home website in the uK, John ant DNA Tuning australia has told me they are generating their own website. :D

GTI JOE
17-03-2011, 04:10 PM
Yes, what corey said:)

Don't go by the figures on the DNA home website in the uK, John ant DNA Tuning australia has told me they are generating their own website. :D

Would make perfect sense having an Australian web site with figure for Australian conditions, Gav did John mention when?

gavs
18-03-2011, 08:12 AM
No, but you can email him direct with any questions, they are still in the final stages of GTI testing I believe...

GTI JOE
18-03-2011, 06:37 PM
Hey Gav,
Put my name down as well with John at DNA to trial the SRSII.

gavs
18-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Yeah? Cool, I'm down as interested too:) still hanging for a couple more tune graphs though before making a decision....

Gambit
18-03-2011, 08:08 PM
Looks interesting and looking forward to someone testing it locally

kaanage
20-03-2011, 12:46 AM
Hey Gav,
Put my name down as well with John at DNA to trial the SRSII.

I doubt the SRS-II is compatible with the Polo GTi ECU. If you check the Alientech website (http://www.alientech-to.it/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=53&Itemid=121&lang=en), the PowerGate II unit (rebadged as SRS-II by DNA Tuning, V-Switch by Viezu, ...), is only compatible with the 1.2 TDi version of the MkV Polo.

This unit is used by many tuning companies as an ECU programmer since the "S" version is locked to a single vehicle for each set of maps that a tuning company produces for a customer.

Water Boy
20-03-2011, 01:57 PM
Has any had a flash on a 1.2 TSI?

gavs
20-03-2011, 04:19 PM
John has said they are about to start trialing of the SRS-II locally any day now, overseas has specified the SRS -II as available for the tsi engines.

kaanage
20-03-2011, 04:27 PM
I guess they can try using the same setting as for the Golf MkVI 118kW twin charge since the unit only has to be able to establish communications with the ECU (then it's up to the tuning company to interpret/modify the map).

gavs
21-03-2011, 07:00 AM
I think you're probably right, the engine is the same as the 118TSI motor in the Golf anyway, just with a bit more oomph :)

gavs
23-03-2011, 09:15 AM
This is from another thred in the Tuning section of the site...

As per my other thread in the sponsor section requesting test cars for our SRS-II unit; the new range of the 1.4TSI's are now supported in the latest SRS-II firmware - but not the 77 TSI as that is a different ECU altogether. I carry many of these in stock and would be keen to check compatibility with the GTI's

GTI JOE
23-03-2011, 05:05 PM
I assume this SRS-II unit allows you to program different ECU settings on your car? Using the unit itself and a PC?

gavs
23-03-2011, 07:00 PM
Not 100% sure but I believe that yes, that is the basic premise behind it...

kaanage
23-03-2011, 07:07 PM
1. Set the car/ecu for the unit with it connected via usb to a pc using the Alientech rebranded software.
2. Connect the unit to the ODB port on the car and download the stock ECU map
3. Connect the unit back to the PC and download the stock map and then email this to the tuning company
4. Receive back the new map(s) from the tuning company via email
5. Load the maps (up to 3) that you want to use with your car via USB from the PC (you may need to remove the stock map if you get more than 2 remaps).
6. Connect the unit to the ODB port on the car, choose the map you want to run and flash the ECU.

gavs
23-03-2011, 07:19 PM
Hmmm, seems a bit of a hastle for something that might get done once or twice.... Might just look at the standard map with 155kw and 300Nm :)

kaanage
23-03-2011, 10:52 PM
Once this is done, you can just switch between maps by repeating step 6.
This lets you revert fully to stock if you want for servicing.

It's really not that hard - I've just listed out the steps but the most time is spent waiting for the tuning company to email back the new maps.

Without a unit like this, the tuner (John in this case) will have done steps 1-5 at some stage (with Vinny's car for the 6R Polo TSi) to get the maps on to a loader (or probably does it directly to/from PC with the right cables/software) and does step 6 for you without having to redo the prelims.

GTI JOE
24-03-2011, 05:07 AM
I have downloaded the manual from DNA Tuning, it seems like a useful tool in as far as it can get your original stock ECU setup back, just in case you need warranty work. Doesn't seem that complicated either.

DNA Tuning
27-04-2011, 07:40 PM
Sorry to bring up an old thread; can't believe I completely missed this one. If anyone has more questions regarding the upgrades please feel free to post them here and I will answer as best as I can.

I am considering increasing the number of free dyno run slots; I am in need of some stock vehicles for the dyno run whereby the upgrade will be performed on the same day to do an after run later in the day. Trying to get together roughly 20 vehicles for this dyno day. Please enquire now and I'll do my best to offer you a free dyno run!

Buller_Scott
27-04-2011, 07:49 PM
I have downloaded the manual from DNA Tuning, it seems like a useful tool in as far as it can get your original stock ECU setup back, just in case you need warranty work. Doesn't seem that complicated either.

want to see how it works? im just 20 mins up the road from you. i can drop by sometime and show you the "sixth step" - piss easy.

as greg (kaanage) said - throughout steps 1-6, the longest time that any one step takes is the ~hour or so for step 4, waiting for your tuner to write your "power" map based on your "stock" map that you emailed to them in the first place.

so yeah, GTI JOE (and anyone in melbourne who wants to see what im talking about for themselves), let me know if you want to see what your product will actually look / install like.

GTI JOE
27-04-2011, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the offer Scott, I"ll keep that in mind buddy. I am leaning towards this set-up with DNA as I have a feeling that APR is going to be priced a lot higher. How is your tune going? any issues? how far up the road? PM me if you want.

sVWatt
27-04-2011, 09:21 PM
Scott - how is the fuel consumption post upgrade? Any better / worse ?

Mike
27-04-2011, 11:35 PM
Sorry to bring up an old thread; can't believe I completely missed this one. If anyone has more questions regarding the upgrades please feel free to post them here and I will answer as best as I can.

I am considering increasing the number of free dyno run slots; I am in need of some stock vehicles for the dyno run whereby the upgrade will be performed on the same day to do an after run later in the day. Trying to get together roughly 20 vehicles for this dyno day. Please enquire now and I'll do my best to offer you a free dyno run!

Hey John, i'm still keen to get the upgrade done.
Just waiting on my car, should be about 3-4 weeks away.
I'd be very keen to get before and after dyno runs :)
My main concern is warranty voiding, and wanted to know if my VW dealer could stumble upon this and void my warranty?
Regards,
-Mike

Buller_Scott
28-04-2011, 01:56 AM
Thanks for the offer Scott, I"ll keep that in mind buddy. I am leaning towards this set-up with DNA as I have a feeling that APR is going to be priced a lot higher. How is your tune going? any issues? how far up the road? PM me if you want.

i was going to pm you, but im replying to three posts here at the same time, so oh well, haha.

my tune isnt a DNA tune per se, it's a chipped uk/viezu tune. same thing, really (even the handsets are the same - EXACTLY the same, although the dna one has a dna fascia on it, and the chipped uk one... well, you know.). EXACTLY the same install process.

as for my tune - i thrash the crap out of my car all the time, ALL the time, and have done for two years. if you look at julian edgar's thread, he has the same engine as mine, but with exhaust mod and a BIG custom intake, and he got CUSTOM rolling road tuned, and dyno'd 91fwkw. my tune alone, with just the SEAT (slightly larger diameter) intake, got 89.5fwkw, so it's not a bad tune at all imo. two years (50,000kms) of thrashing (abusing, once warm) my car on that map (apart from a couple of months at the start when i thought it was worse for fuel economy than stock map), and not one. single. problem. ever. i'd like to say that customer support has been excellent, but seriously, since the day i installed the tunes, i have never ever gone back to viezu for anything - the tunes are that good, i've never had to.

DNA will be the same (although i know from a few people that John has fuggin awesome customer service). ask gti_dave to see his octavia's stage two dyno plot - i've said it once and i'll say it again, that curve looks like it was drawn freehand by da vinci. AWESOME.

it doesnt matter to me if you dont have your car yet. i can come along to introduce myself sometime, show you the handset etc etc and change maps right infront of you (or if you want, we can go for a stock vs fun map back to back). i wont violate you i promise haha

Scott - how is the fuel consumption post upgrade? Any better / worse ?

hey mate, fuel consumption post upgrade is definitely better (i dont have a multi function display, so i usually just do non-documented "how many clicks on this next quarter of a tank" comparisons, but...

the awesome thing about the handset that DNA uses is that you can literally switch 20 times a day if you wanted to. even WITHOUT taking down km readings, it's pretty obvious that the tune improves fuel economy- there is a lot of low down torque such that you only need to massage (less than 50% travel) the throttle in order to hop-to in traffic.

for some reason, a year and a half ago, i told myself "nope, im having too much fun on the fun map - im going to go back to stock for awesome fuel economy". with my daily commute and the bi-weekly grocery shop etc etc, i simply found myself filling up more often on stock map than on fun map. add to that the fact that when you WANT to have fun, it's much more fun on fun map than on stock, and it only took me a couple of months to realise that fun map is fun AND more economical.

Hey John, i'm still keen to get the upgrade done.

My main concern is warranty voiding, and wanted to know if my VW dealer could stumble upon this and void my warranty?
Regards,
-Mike

do a search on this site for something like "remap and warranty" or "tuning and warranty", and have a read (lots of posts on the subject), then, decide for yourself how you want to proceed.

all of the discussion seems to point to the only hard and fast rule being "if a modification is responsible for the engine blowing up, then you're outta luck". otherwise, the discussion seems to go back and forth between "it's up to YOU to prove that your mod didnt cause the engine failure" and "VWA has to prove to YOU that it's YOUR mod that caused the failure". much of a muchness, really.

to be honest, mike, i'd do what i did, and go along to your dealer and have a chat with them. i told my dealer that i was going to get chipped, plus maybe some exhaust work and maybe an intake etc etc and how would that fare? dealer pretty much said that if it was blatantly obvious that i'd done something horrendous to ufck up the internals then yes, i'd be on my own, but otherwise a remap wouldnt foreseeably void the usual kind of warranty work / early life failure work that they usually see.

it was also amusing, talking to him - he lit right up when i told him i planned to get mapped, telling me that no one tells them these things when they go in for service, and he'd love to get the diagnostic tools onto a mapped car and have a look-see, which they dont really ever get to do :)

GTI JOE
28-04-2011, 06:13 AM
Thanks Scott, great write up dude. A lot of useful, first hand, information.

sVWatt
28-04-2011, 06:45 AM
Thanks Scott, great write up dude. A lot of useful, first hand, information.

Amen to that.
Cheers Scott.

Corey_R
28-04-2011, 09:47 AM
I've taken my Volkswagen dealer for a drive in my R... actually, I let me original sales guy drive MY modded car. (He laughed at how nervous he was and how he totally understands now why people hate sales guys going along for the "test drive"). But as Buller_Scott mentioned. Any sales guy / service guy who is genuinely interested in cars, especially VW's, at least to me, have been very receptive to responsibly modified cars...

gavs
28-04-2011, 12:52 PM
What Corey said :)

Another thing I found out is that VGA re-imburse dealerships for warranty work so it's almost like it's in the best interests of the dealer to do your warranty work instead of flat out refusing....

kaanage
28-04-2011, 01:00 PM
it doesnt matter to me if you dont have your car yet. i can come along to introduce myself sometime, show you the handset etc etc and change maps right infront of you (or if you want, we can go for a stock vs fun map back to back).
We coud even do some rolling drag comparisions between stock, economy, performance road and track/race maps since Buller_Scott & I have the same car and same tuning boxes (we both have performance road but his other Viezu/ChippedUK map is the trackrace while mine is the economy).

But the bottom line is that the SRS-II will do EXACTLY the same thing with DNA-Tuning maps so you have loads of flexibility for quite low cost (vs some other options).

DNA Tuning
28-04-2011, 06:39 PM
Wow it's very nice to have so many questions automatically answered by other forum users; thanks alot for the help and support!

Just so people don't get confused here; the SRS-II is currently not compatible with the 77TSI so for those who want the switchability, unfortunately it is not yet an option (I also cannot confirm whether or not SRS-II will be made compatible with the 77TSI in the future).

Vinny7
04-05-2011, 04:45 PM
Hey guys. A few months on since getting my tune done by john at DNA and still very happy with the results. Can't whipe the smile off my face every time I get in the car.

Have not had any issues at all with the way the car is running.

As far as fuel economy, I have deifnately noticed a change for the better. It may not be a massive difference but it is certainly there.

Looking forward to getting it on a dyno to see the figures and planning the next few mods in my head as the days go by.

Lock & Load
18-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Any recent updates to DNA TUNES FOR A ........2012 POLO GTI 6R Were can you get this done i am on the Gold coast .?

VWplo
30-04-2012, 11:56 AM
does anyone know how far DNA tuning has gotten with the `1.2 tsi. does it have switchability yet? is it compatable with a car that i bought on the 25th of january as ive been told later models may have a updated ecu?

sun_corp
30-04-2012, 11:07 PM
HI john
the DNAtuning sounds good to me! is DNA tuning available in sydney? i'm yet to get my tsi software updated and actuator spacer fitted for the recall, plan to go to dealer when my next service is due which is 7000km away. do i need to get the software updated first then get the DNAtuning? my car is running a bit rough when idle, will dnatunning rectify the problem

Lucas_R
09-05-2012, 05:05 PM
Hi to all the Polo owners,

I just found this thread while searching for something else. I thought id share this with you. I had my Golf R tuned by John @ DNA Tuning back in March, and the car had a very noticeable boost in power over both the stock tune and also the Bluefin tune i had previously. The tune is nice and smooth, and has heaps more torque than before.

A few weeks ago, i took the car to a dyno day in Sydney to see how my car would compare to others with similar modifications. Basically the DNA tune trumped everything else with same/similar mods. The only car that was very similar was a Audi S3 which had APR 1 tune (with HPFP and intake) - although he has spent about $1k more what i have on mods. The S3 made 206kw.

All other stage 1 and stage 2 (GIAC / Revo etc) cars were between 180kw - 190kw. My DNA tuned car made 204kw/354nm!!

Ive created a thread here with the dyno sheet and a short video, as well as some feedback - if anyone is interested >> http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/forums/f20/dna-tuning-vw-golf-r-dyno-results-feedback-71468.html

Candyman
09-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Are you soon to be a reseller Lucas ;)

Lucas_R
09-05-2012, 07:01 PM
Are you soon to be a reseller Lucas ;)

Haha no not at all - although I might come across that way I guess....?. I'm just a happy customer and trying to make people aware that they can get a good tune for a reasonable price.

When I was researching different tunes, I found plenty of threads on European forums that had been started regarding tunes, but were incomplete or abandoned etc. This was quite frustrating as there were no dyno results or feedback in general once the car had been tuned (this goes for other tune brands too - not just DNA).

So I thought I would show my results on this forum and the vwgolf.net forum and share my feedback with others and aid in helping others who might do a Google search at a later stage.

Guy_H
10-05-2012, 08:06 AM
A few weeks ago, i took the car to a dyno day in Sydney to see how my car would compare to others with similar modifications. Basically the DNA tune trumped everything else with similar mods. The only car that was very similar was a Audi S3 which had APR 1+ tune (with HPFP and intake) - although he has spent double what i have on mods. The S3 made 206kw.

All other stage 1 and stage 2 (GIAC / APR / Revo etc) cars were between 180kw - 190kw. My DNA tuned car made 204kw!!

Actually as far as i understand, the S3 was the only APR car there & had an intake / pump / stage 1 software on board made 206kw (and more torque than your car?) and it had NO intercooler or NO exhaust mods. I also understand your car had an exhaust & Intake?

Let us know a full list of what all
"All other stage 1 and stage 2 (GIAC / APR / Revo etc) cars were between 180kw - 190kw." please (as you state). I understand you are happy with your car, but you are stretching the truth a bit here.

Candyman
10-05-2012, 08:08 AM
Absolute numbers are pointless ;)

Guy_H
10-05-2012, 08:46 AM
Personally in AWD form, Torque is what you should be looking at, but hey, this is a Golf R thread in a Polo forum????

Candyman
10-05-2012, 08:47 AM
Personally, in any vehicle, absolute peak numbers are irrelevant ;)

Lucas_R
10-05-2012, 11:20 AM
Actually as far as i understand, the S3 was the only APR car there & had an intake / pump / stage 1 software on board made 206kw (and more torque than your car?) and it had NO intercooler or NO exhaust mods. I also understand your car had an exhaust & Intake?

Let us know a full list of what all please (as you state). I understand you are happy with your car, but you are stretching the truth a bit here.

Hi Guy - yes as i mentioned above, the APR'ed Audi S3 made 206kw and 371nm. So 2.4kw and 16nm more than my car. Given the difference in price paid by him VS me, its not exactly good bank for buck in my opinion.

Im certainly not trying to start a tuning war (this is a DNA tuning thread after all so i was just sharing my results and feedback on DNA), but i did speak to the owner of the S3 later in the day and he told me his car had the following mods.

Audi S3:
- APR tune (dont know for certain if his tune was stage 1 or stage 1+ as he said the fuel pump was only fitted a few days prior)
- APR HPFP upgrade
- VW Racing intake
- As you mentioned - the owner told me that his exhaust was untouched as well as intercooler etc.

Thats approx $3,200 worth of mods. (i extimated the price of the intake at $800 as i could not find it.)

My Car:
- DNA tune
- Scorpion downpipe (rear section of exhaust is stock)
- VW Racing intake
- my intercooler / fuel pump etc is all stock.

Thats $2,200 worth of mods.

Im not stretching the truth at all Guy. Above are the facts. Im not sure if there were any other APR Golf R's or Audi S3's there on the day. Some people turn up, dont interact, run their car and then leave. Some people leave immediately after their dyno run as they are not happy - i have no idea what tune a particualar silver S3 had, but the owner wasnt at all happy and left immediately after his run. I believe there was an APR tuned GTI but im not 100% on that. I was also hoping for some Viezu tuned cars to come along - given all the "WOW, AMAZING, SOOO FAST" hype over the past few months, but there were none. Plenty of GIAC stage 1 and 2 (pretty average results), a few Bluefin, and several Recode custom tuned cars.

There is a thread here of some of the results if your interested >> The Official VWGolf.Net Dyno Power Chart (http://www.vwgolf.net.au/showthread.php?9440-The-Official-VWGolf.Net-Dyno-Power-Chart)

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

Personally in AWD form, Torque is what you should be looking at, but hey, this is a Golf R thread in a Polo forum????

True - you've got me there. But im just trying to share my experience with other potential DNA customers.

Personally, in any vehicle, absolute peak numbers are irrelevant ;)

True - and im not trying or wanting to be a dyno hero. But i knew the tune was strong when i had a run with a collegue who has another manual Golf R with the newly upgraded v3.1 APR software + Carbonio intake, and we stayed neck and neck (this was before i fitted the down pipe).

And it would seem so many people only seem to relate to seeing a dyno sheet, i decided to take the car to the dyno day in Sydney to test the DNA tune out with a host of other tuned Golf R's on the day, and it turns out that the results were good.

Im not trying to say one tune brand is better than another, just that DNA offers a strong tune for a good price and that people should consider them when looking at their tuning options.

Guy_H
10-05-2012, 01:07 PM
although he has spent double what i have on mods. Sorry, but $3200 is what he spent (its a stage 1 tune too BTW) - if you spent $2200, its not "double". More HP, More Torque, no where near as lean as your tune and $1000 extra spent. It's your call if you think it's better value or not.

Lucas_R
10-05-2012, 01:28 PM
Sorry, but $3200 is what he spent (its a stage 1 tune too BTW) - if you spent $2200, its not "double". More HP, More Torque, no where near as lean as your tune and $1000 extra spent. It's your call if you think it's better value or not.

So after all the trouble i went to in my previous post to explain everything, this is all you have to say?

APR tune = $1,450
APR HPFP = $1,350
VW Racing intake = circa $800 (probably more that this as thats what they were when Rennenhaus was getting them). They are listed as $574 in the USA, so no doubt my estimate of $800 here in Aust is conservative.
= $3,600 (prices taken off the APR website today).

The 2kw and 16nm i agree is more, but its such a small difference you'd never feel it. I wish the owner of the S3 would post up his dyno sheet so we could see the results as well as the A/F ratios. How do you know the S3's tune isnt as lean as my car when he hasnt posted his dyno results?

My A/F ratios may perhaps be a little lean below 4,000rpm, but this can be rectified by a revised tune from DNA. Don't forget ive got a stage 1 tune but stage 2 parts, so this may have something to do with it.

Guy_H
10-05-2012, 02:34 PM
Hi Lucas, I'm sorry, your pricing is still wrong - Tune $1150 (purchased on sale), pump $1050 exchange (not on sale), intake $975 (not on sale) = $3175 (no sorry, not $3600 or $4400 as you first suggested)- the owner is MACAA on this forum, you can check with him. Anyway to take it off this thread & leave this to the Polo owners we can do another thread. Can you host a dyno picture? (let me know via PM & I'll email you the scan).

gadinbot
10-05-2012, 02:54 PM
if you do take this outside can you post a link to the new thread so we can all read along :)

Lucas_R
11-05-2012, 10:13 AM
Hi Lucas, I'm sorry, your pricing is still wrong - Tune $1150 (purchased on sale), pump $1050 exchange (not on sale), intake $975 (not on sale) = $3175 (no sorry, not $3600 or $4400 as you first suggested)- the owner is MACAA on this forum, you can check with him. Anyway to take it off this thread & leave this to the Polo owners we can do another thread. Can you host a dyno picture? (let me know via PM & I'll email you the scan).

As discussed via PM, pricing and some details in my previous posts have been amended.

if you do take this outside can you post a link to the new thread so we can all read along :)

LOL. Its all good and we have both clarified our points of view via PM.

gavs
11-05-2012, 10:34 AM
Sorry guys but if you're going to start a slinging match about tunes, please refrain from the Polo section and stick to muddying up the tuning section of the forum where people can waste their days reading about how big one companies c..... sorry, tune is bigger than anothers.

Lucas_R
11-05-2012, 12:29 PM
Sorry guys but if you're going to start a slinging match about tunes, please refrain from the Polo section and stick to muddying up the tuning section of the forum where people can waste their days reading about how big one companies c..... sorry, tune is bigger than anothers.

Apologies to Gavs and all the rest of the Polo crew. I just wanted to share my experience with DNA Tuning with all of you. I regret that something i mentioned regarding the APR car was incorrect and upset Guy from APR and it quickly went off topic from there.

I certainly didn't want to start a tuning war or a "mines better than yours" type thread.

Once again, apologies. Back to you........

gavs
11-05-2012, 02:01 PM
No worries Lucas, not your fault in turned into what it did........ I understand your reasons for posting what you did and I along with other polo owners appreciate your feedback.