PDA

View Full Version : Oil for 2.0FSI (147kw motor)

snerlo
07-03-2011, 12:23 PM
Guys,
Don't need to start a whole big argument but what grade of oil do the GTi's/jetta 2.0FSI's use. The manual has some weird numbers that don't mean anything to me. I need to be seeing something like 10W/40 or whatever it is. Anyone able to help? Thanks.
Leon

TomC
07-03-2011, 12:29 PM
There are heaps of threads in the oils section of this forum on this topic. But, briefly, I use Castrol Edge Sport 5W30. Most dealers use Castrol Longlife III 5W30. Don't use anything but fully synthetic.

If you take a look at the oils section there is a list that has been put up by Maverick of the oils that comply with the official VW standards (and so I'm not leading you astray, Edge Sport complies with the older VW standard, not the newest one, but I have found it a good oil for the price and my dealer has told me it's fine to use withouth voiding warranty).

snerlo
07-03-2011, 01:23 PM
Thanks for your help mate. I can't find that thread with that table but I will drop by Supercheap this afternoon and grab a litre bottle of Castrol to top her up.

snerlo
07-03-2011, 06:50 PM
well I got a litre bottle of Penrite 5W/30. Funny, it actually says that it is approved by Volkswagen. Anyhow, all good. Thanks.
Leon

brad
08-03-2011, 11:00 AM
You actually have a 2.0TFSI.

There are a dozen threads on this site that ask about oil so why is it so hard to search. In fact there's an oil sticky in this sub-forum FFS! (2nd post down from the top)

At a minimum you need VW 502.00 but preferably you need 504.00. If it doesn't state those numbers in the Tech Data sheet then you are using the wrong oil.

I thought only wpmen used the "the manual only says weird numbers" excuse for not bothering to find out properly.

Corey_R
08-03-2011, 11:05 AM
Please be nice brad. This thread was moved to this sub-forum by a moderator, so the OP won't have seen the sticky when he originally created this thread...

snerlo
10-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Yeah, thanks Brad. I don't know much at all, unlike you.
Close thread now please mods.
Thanks alot.

Transporter
10-03-2011, 06:05 PM
Here are some threads that can be useful when you need oil or common servicing part for your Jetta. http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/f86/d-i-y-maintenance-inc-oil-info-also-links-popular-useful-threads-44764.html , also the stickies in some sub forums are good source of info.

:)