PDA

View Full Version : the gap betweem the windscreen and the dash

simcard48
25-05-2007, 10:31 AM
ok, i normally display a small card on the dash of my GTI for a carpark. Recently i threw it at my dash, and forgot to pick it up again and drove off. It has slid down between the very small gap at the very base of the windscreen between it and the dash (where the black bit is on the outside). I cant see the card from outside and have tried the old piece of paper trick to try and push it out without success.

Any ideas how i get to it out, or have could i have i lost it in the void between the dash and the firewall?

Cheers

Simon

VEEDUB69
28-05-2007, 09:40 PM
Umm, no real answer but is it a major issue? Its probably doing no harm so if you cant see it or hear it then why not just leave it there :?

Shade
29-05-2007, 01:38 PM
I second that, don't think it's going to cause any trouble except you having to get a new parking pass.

I'm pretty sure i have a couple dead bugs down in there somewhere.

simcard48
30-05-2007, 07:48 AM
It was mainly the whole effort idea (and the cost) of having to get a new carpark pass. Just looking to see if there was an wasy way to get it of if its disappeared into a black hole.

leck
30-05-2007, 02:03 PM
same thing happened to me a while ago and by folding a piece of paper in half and swiping i was able to get it to show enough to grab.

Depending on how thick the pass is you might have trouble with that though.

simcard48
31-05-2007, 08:08 AM
its actuallyquite thin, which is why its a challenge to get it out. I've ordered myself a new carpark pass. I'll leave it there, its not causing any harm.

DubSteve
31-05-2007, 09:20 AM
The same problem in the mk3's and I think all cars for that, I had a screw driver fall down it once couldn't get it out at all :( There was no problems though.