PDA

View Full Version : Help/advice please!!!!

spaz74
03-03-2011, 05:03 PM
Ok, I have had drama after drama with my superb order from day one since last July when I ordered. Everything from delays etc. After one delay to build week 50 in December I told them to cancel the order or build the car in Jan.

Skoda Australia agreed to a Jan build date and the order continued The day finally came to go pick the car up from the dealer this afternoon..... I looked for the Jan 2011 build date and it is a Dec 2010:mad:

So currently the car is registered in my name, with my euro plates on it, reversing camera installed and I am left with two choices:
1. Walk away and re-order. With a 4 month wait. This would mean a 12 month wait on a car:mad::mad::mad:
2. Be offered financial assistance from Skoda/Dealer

I left the car at the dealer and told them to get back to me with an offer of compensation. I have been steadfast about my build time but I also don't want to wait 12months for a damn car.

The dealer recognizes that in the eyes of private buyers at a private sale the car is already one year old despite it being complied 02/11. The complied date is only relevant if traded in at a dealers!!!!

My question obviously is what compensation would you be happy with so as to accept a 2010 build car in 2011 which is completely not in line with your order????

I will need to make a decision by tomorrow. Your Advice would be highly appreciated......:(:(:(:(:(

After the last delay I was given free mats and rubber mat in the boot, oh and they forgot the cargo net in the rear....

K1W1
03-03-2011, 05:34 PM
Did you get a written confirmation that you would have a 2011 build?
If you have nothing in writing you have no case and you will just need to suck it up and get on with life.

spaz74
03-03-2011, 05:49 PM
Yes we do have it in writing and so does the dealer and Skoda Australia. No one is under any illusions with what was expected.

Jake02
03-03-2011, 05:53 PM
I know it said 2011 build but a month's only a month and if they offer you a financial apology as such then I'd say just take it! The car is too great to let one month (or another four plus) spoil it :).

spaz74
03-03-2011, 06:09 PM
My only issue is resale value in 2-3 years time when I go to sell a 2010 vs a 2011. So it's not quite just one month. It's a whole year lost.

K1W1
03-03-2011, 06:12 PM
There will be no difference in the resale in 2-3 years time. It will be a car that is 3 years old with x km on the speedo and in y condition. The mileage and condition will have way, way more bearing than one month difference on the plate for goodness sake.
You will sell the car as a 2011 Skoda Superb, that is what it says on the rego papers and that is what it is.

theduckster
03-03-2011, 06:27 PM
I know it said 2011 build but a month's only a month and if they offer you a financial apology as such then I'd say just take it! The car is too great to let one month (or another four plus) spoil it :).

I agree with Jake02. The wait for what is essentially the same car with just a 2011 build date isn't worth the extra four months. There should be some form on compensation but I would think it would be along the lines of what else they can throw in for you, rather than discounting the vehicle.

I would think that a future buyer of your vehicle would place more importance on the condition of the car then what the build date is as K1W1 says.

MarksVRS
03-03-2011, 06:36 PM
The fact that Holden have been advertising run out deals on 2010 plated cars ("everything else the same") suggests there is clearly a difference in value for both purchasing and selling. Not that this should turn you off buying the car but I would be chasing a rebate. How much? Who knows! Either go in high and meet them half way or see what they have to offer although if it does not meet your expectations you will need to be ready to walk away.... They have not met their contractual obligations so they should be assisting you in every way. If they cannot see to meet your expected discount/refund, maybe discuss towbar, SatNav or any other accessories that may make up the difference in "value".

spaz74
03-03-2011, 06:56 PM
The fact that Holden have been advertising run out deals on 2010 plated cars ("everything else the same") suggests there is clearly a difference in value for both purchasing and selling. Not that this should turn you off buying the car but I would be chasing a rebate. How much? Who knows! Either go in high and meet them half way or see what they have to offer although if it does not meet your expectations you will need to be ready to walk away.... They have not met their contractual obligations so they should be assisting you in every way. If they cannot see to meet your expected discount/refund, maybe discuss towbar, SatNav or any other accessories that may make up the difference in "value".

Funny you say that. They accidently attached a towbar (they said this was a $1500 extra, it is supposed to be removed tomorrow because we didn't want it). Begs the question, was the tow bar attached through a pre-existing joint int the car?

As for others ideas in relation to condition and km's you are correct but so is MarkVS when he states that other manufactures are now discounting 2010 plated cars. Skoda will not discount 2010 plated cars due to the low volume imported.

I do agree though MarkVRS, be prepared to walk.

SKODA vRS147
03-03-2011, 07:09 PM
Spaz74 - I know what it is like to wait a long time for a vehicle.
I appreciate your concerns about resale and all that but you have to ask yourself do i want the car now. If the answer is yes, then i would get it (with the towbar as this may increase resale) and drive the thing. Everyone will tell you that as soon as you are in the vehicle all the other worries that you have just gone through will disappear.

Just wait for the smile to appear on your face every time you push down on that accelarator and you relax in that SUPERB vehicle.

Just go for it - is my honest opinion. :)

PS i waited nearly 9 months for mine and i can assure you this is a long long time. :facepalm:

Ozsko
03-03-2011, 07:35 PM
Funny you say that. They accidently attached a towbar (they said this was a $1500 extra, it is supposed to be removed tomorrow because we didn't want it). Begs the question, was the tow bar attached through a pre-existing joint int the car?

They have to cut the lower rear beaver panel to fit a tow bar. I know this because mine is cut and the opening that was cut is too small to remove and fit the tongue. The cost is about right, somewhere over $1400. I would take the towbar as a no cost extra or tell them to replace and paint the panel. If the tongue is removed it cannot be seen but if it is fitted then the car has a tendency to bottom out over some driveways.

spellbound
03-03-2011, 07:46 PM
K1K1 is dead right mileage and condition of vehicle is major factor in resale , this is a brilliant car with all the features you want , go for it .

When i looked at cars for my kids date of build was of no interest mileage yes .

Life is too short, grab it and enjoy it , look sad maybe they will toss in the towbar or some other goodies .

Best of luck , tomorrow is a new day and Karma will prevail

TRIVETT
03-03-2011, 08:06 PM
You want the vehicle,
he wants the sale,
What happened in order & build & freight on imported quality vehicle is beyond control of all
none of us likes waiting,
&
If you don,t want it someone else will , no doubt
remember
what is value difference between 71 & 74 HQ holden or 2002 BA Falcon & 2003, nothing but its condition & owner care, & if you & dealer both don,t want it we do ?
Enjoy it

spaz74
04-03-2011, 02:03 PM
Deal done. Skoda Australia offered 3 years of service charges and $1,000 in extras or cash. I rejected this but accepted all services charges for three years, a free tow bar ($1500) and a chance for my school kids (I'm a teacher) to pitch an idea of sponsorship by Skoda Australia for their HPV (Human Powered Vehicle) in the annual RACV Breakthrough Challenge. The kids probably won't get anything but the experience will be something they'll remember for a long time :) And that is worth more than anything :)

K1W1
04-03-2011, 02:23 PM
I'm glad that it worked out.

spellbound
04-03-2011, 03:13 PM
Brilliant , a winner .

theduckster
04-03-2011, 05:27 PM
Congratulations spaz74.

I hope you can enjoy your car. A pity that you had to go through the experience that you did but in the end I think you made the right choice.

Enjoy your new ride!

MarksVRS
04-03-2011, 06:05 PM
Great outcome! I am happy for you and glad to hear that Skoda came to the party...

spaz74
04-03-2011, 11:12 PM
Skoda and my dealer Mentone Motors need to be applauded for their professionalism when dealing with these issues. Even though there were issues everyone always wanted to help. Big thumbs up!!

CanberravRS
06-03-2011, 06:27 PM
Glad everything is working out Spaz.. Only a few days to wait now and you will finally have that wonderful wagon.

spaz74
06-03-2011, 07:33 PM
Got it on Friday and love it.

CanberravRS
06-03-2011, 07:38 PM
Excellent news Spaz.. Hope to see some pics soon

SKODA vRS147
06-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Got it on Friday and love it.

Great news that you love the car (i did say it would all dissapear once you got the car). Hope you enjoy it as much as i enjoy mine.

:)