PDA

View Full Version : Caddy and chips?

Pete Mk1
24-05-2007, 06:37 PM
Any one chipped their tdi caddy?
Interested to see if any one has and what they experienced?
Also if the Caddy is built on a Golf, does anyone know if suspension and stabilizers are same as golf?
Pete Mk1

phaeton
24-05-2007, 07:15 PM
Any one chipped their tdi caddy?
Interested to see if any one has and what they experienced?
Also if the Caddy is built on a Golf, does anyone know if suspension and stabilizers are same as golf?
Pete Mk1

Hi Pete :D

What I can tell you is the Golf does not have that Caddy's mini block springs & telescopic shock asborbers other than that I believe some of the components are shared with the Golf ;)

Triode
24-05-2007, 07:36 PM
I have my 1.9 tdi Caddy Life chipped and I am very happy with the results. We had a 2.0 tdi Golf and traded it on a GTI for my wife and I bought a caddy life as my work car plus back up family car. I have 4 other caddys + 3 polos in my work fleet. The power of my chipped caddy life is close to my old 2.0 tdi golf and is returning better fuel economy than stock .

Regards John
PS I went for the Oettinger flash in both Caddy and GTI

phaeton
24-05-2007, 07:40 PM
Welcome to VWwA John j:
Thanks for posting :)

Thats quite a collection do you have pics ? :D

You can use our gallery to load pics if you wish ;) http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/vbpicgallery.php?

Pete Mk1
24-05-2007, 08:46 PM
thanks for the info John, I will investigate the "flash" treatment in Melbourne.
I was also considering some better stabilizers as my van runs fully loaded all the time with my communications gear and stuff flies around when i corner too hard.I forget im not in my GTI sometimes.
Pete Mk1