PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone get a straight answer on Pricing?

2dr Evangalist
01-03-2011, 09:55 AM
I am not talking RRP, I mean getting a quote from a dealer for finance purposes?
I am getting increasingly frustrated that I CANNOT get a straight answer here in Sydney, and am now actively looking at non-Amamrok options for a 12 month period.
V v disappointing........

mikinoz
01-03-2011, 10:08 AM
Call Gerald Slaven in Canberra and speak to Phil. He is a straight shooter, if anyone can help you he can. Say Michael from Sydney referred you.

barrenjoey owl
01-03-2011, 11:30 AM
I am not talking RRP, I mean getting a quote from a dealer for finance purposes?
I am getting increasingly frustrated that I CANNOT get a straight answer here in Sydney, and am now actively looking at non-Amamrok options for a 12 month period.

This is "Generation Y" for you!!!................. "I want it here, I want it now!!!!" Freddy Mercury was so correct

gavs
01-03-2011, 11:59 AM

Dermot is right, no dealer will have finalised pricing until the official launch date (which a couple of weeks ago was the 11th March, seems to have blown out again, what a change for VWA, not being able to stick to timelines....)

Believe me, go out and drive them all in a week, then make up your mind, I have a feeling I know where you will end up spending your money.... ;)

This is "Generation Y" for you!!!................. "I want it here, I want it now!!!!" Freddy Mercury was so correct

I'm sorry, but do you ever have anything nice or even remotely constructive to say!?

roscoe21
01-03-2011, 12:26 PM
Im having the same problem. Cant get pricing from my dealer. However I now understand after the comments above. However, VWA should not have released the pricing to the media, until the dealers had it. Very sloppy work.......

In response to comments by regarding Gerald Slaven, unfrotuntely they dont sell commercial vechiles, so wont have access to the Amarok.

2dr Evangalist
01-03-2011, 07:28 PM
Hold your horses. I’m SICK of customer yelling at me for the fact they can get the price off the internet but not off me, it's not my fault, and it's not your dealers fault, WE DON’T HAVE IT YET.

Please respect that your dealer is not giving you the run around, in fact he is doing the right thing by not pricing a vehicle he does not have confirmed pricing for yet.

You are 1 customer; I have 160 customers screaming at me for prices, some of them on here.

Dermot, I appreciate you answering, however......
1) I am not "screaming" at anyone.
2) I have been told, by several sources, that the dealer principals were given pricing at the end of the sales training last week. Can you understand that if I have been told that, that I might have an expectation that I could get an answer ....?????
3) If you are sick of "customers" yelling at you because of VWA`s behaviour, vent at VWA, NOT the potential customers!
4) For the record, I am 46, so no Gen Y here
5) The `Rok was originally going to be launched in Oct2010, so forgive me if there is just a wee little bit of pent up demand in the marketplace......

However, all I want, is a straight answer on pricing. If this gets spun out till the 11th, then I am 95% sure I will be buying something else 1-2yrs old, making do for 12months, and then see where the market is at.
Given I have been a genuine, solid and enthusiastic "potential customer" who already is the owner of 1 VW, this is somewhat disappointing.
Cheers
Nick
(just NEEDING an everyday driver that can tow the toy once a month or so......)

csiorange
01-03-2011, 09:16 PM
The whole release of this new vechicle is a Joke, we were all told it was coming out when we could get the government Tax bonus, now some 18 months later, we can not even get a straight answer from the dealers, Pricing is all over the place and over priced, the specifications and options in the media are so vague, then we are told that a 1st of March release and now another two weeks, to top it off I've been told that Sat Nav is not even an option and steering wheel controls is not an option for audio, and bluetooth is not a standard option and this is looking at the Ultimate Model, Volkswagen Australia you may or may not have a good product but you have a superior (German up your self) approach to your prospective customers, and I'm not Gen Y either 42 years old I also have 4 VW vechicles, and I'm about to look at other products due to the market approach you have and the total lack of customer service you offer your customers, I recently sent a comment in to get support and still have had no reply this was almost 3 weeks ago!

mikinoz
01-03-2011, 09:31 PM
I am surprised that they are not for sale yet, I see 2 or 3 nearly every day I am driving about Sydney?

Tornado T5
03-03-2011, 05:33 AM
Sadly for VW I'd now wait until Ford T6 Ranger is released, especially with news from this week from the Geneva MS that it can tow upto 3350kg and has a very high level of spec active/passive safety suite.
2012 Ford Ranger Wildtrak expected in Australia Q3 2011 | Car Advice | Reviews (http://www.caradvice.com.au/107302/2012-ford-ranger-wildtrak-expected-in-australia-q3-2011/)

gavs
03-03-2011, 08:09 AM
Sadly for VW I'd now wait until Ford T6 Ranger is released, especially with news from this week from the Geneva MS that it can tow upto 3350kg and has a very high level of spec active/passive safety suite.
2012 Ford Ranger Wildtrak expected in Australia Q3 2011 | Car Advice | Reviews (http://www.caradvice.com.au/107302/2012-ford-ranger-wildtrak-expected-in-australia-q3-2011/)

Yes, the D40 Navara 4x4 can tow 3000kg too, but if you read the warranty information, this is only if you take off in low range in the manual varient... Don't believe everything that (especially) ford say, as of 2 weeks ago they still hadn't fitted a proper leaf spring in the rear of the Ranger.... hence why they are constantly still pounding around the Angelsee proving ground, one which had super sag in the rear end towing a loaded trailer so I don't know where they pulled that figure from, it must be the peak load before it disentegrates the chassis!

Umai Naa!!
03-03-2011, 07:57 PM
As if you'd blame the dealers for a lack of prices. We're pissed off, too!

New model training has only just commenced on the Amarok now, after it was postponed from it's original slot back in November/December last year.

Tornado T5
03-03-2011, 10:10 PM
Yes, the D40 Navara 4x4 can tow 3000kg too, but if you read the warranty information, this is only if you take off in low range in the manual varient... Don't believe everything that (especially) ford say, as of 2 weeks ago they still hadn't fitted a proper leaf spring in the rear of the Ranger.... hence why they are constantly still pounding around the Angelsee proving ground, one which had super sag in the rear end towing a loaded trailer so I don't know where they pulled that figure from, it must be the peak load before it disentegrates the chassis!Ford proving ground is in the You Yangs, north of Avalon airport. Who owns one at Angelsee? Edit: Toyota might have one there as well as or is it a private group...sorry mods, o/t.

gavs
04-03-2011, 07:29 AM
Angelsea is a privatly run extreme testing facility.....
Test Trak Online (http://www.test-trak.com/anglesea.htm)