PDA

View Full Version : The Passat boot with a mind of its own!

passafist
22-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Passat B6 2006:

Has anyone experienced a situation where the boot opens on its own when the car is unlocked?

It's not a mechanical fault - disconnecting the connector to the latch stops the problem.

The remotes don't appear to operating sporadically and the rear latch (VW emblem) is not faulty - with the switch disconnected the problem continues.

I reckon it must be RF interference from somethng nearby

BlackVr6ix
23-05-2007, 09:12 AM
I noticed in dads sometimes the boot button catches on the unlock button if your not careful.

wont be RF interference, the VW remotes are code/frequency hopping.

passafist
23-05-2007, 10:00 AM
Many thanks - I found it hard to believe that it was interference.

Could you just run your answer by me again? .. the boot button (the VW logo?) latches on the unlock button (which one is that?)

BlackVr6ix
23-05-2007, 10:13 AM
must be a different key, this one has three buttons all in a line.

phaeton
23-05-2007, 05:22 PM
Not an expert but VAG-COM it maybe ;)

passafist
27-05-2007, 09:43 PM
Sorry - now I understand - you were referring to the key fob. I am pretty sure that is not the cause because the red LED wasn't flashing when the problem occurred.

passafist
29-05-2007, 07:05 PM
Had the problem fixed. The dealer (McCarrolls Hornsby) had seen the problem before in a new Passat and it took them 28 hours to isolate the fault in that case! 27 hours of that was sunk cost as VW generously paid for 1 hour!

The problem was the left door module sending out incorrect instructions!

I'm guessing now but I presume the left door module handles the door locking logic because in Europe it is the drivers door.

There were no replacement modules available in the Sthn Hemisphere, so they extracted a new module from a new car for me. Top marks to McCarrolls !!!

pinzvidz
15-06-2007, 12:05 AM
Had the problem fixed. The dealer (McCarrolls Hornsby) had seen the problem before in a new Passat and it took them 28 hours to isolate the fault in that case! 27 hours of that was sunk cost as VW generously paid for 1 hour!

The problem was the left door module sending out incorrect instructions!

I'm guessing now but I presume the left door module handles the door locking logic because in Europe it is the drivers door.

There were no replacement modules available in the Sthn Hemisphere, so they extracted a new module from a new car for me. Top marks to McCarrolls !!!

If only all dealerships were like that... All manufacturers are the same though, they always pay little if no warranty labour to the dealer for diagnosis.