PDA

View Full Version : jetta jetta jetta

Rednut
21-01-2006, 06:53 PM
it looks as tho the wheels just needs to be moved inwards more.. there looks to be room..
i think the rattling is getting worse..it when it revs at about 2200.. in any gear.. sounds like a bolt rattleing around.. maybe it'll just go away soon..

went to do a hillstart today.. nearly lit the ground on fire.. hehehe its gonna take a bit to get used to the clutch.. altho i havent stalled it yet!! its just way touchy.. but hell!! love the gearbox.. i think the metal knob will stay.. milo's doesnt fit.. and the silver one is smaller around the hand which is good, also nice n heavy..

the bloody central locking has just stopped working outta knowhere tho..??? and i moved the interior light across to turn it off.. and the little plastic bit that moves and the lightbulb all fell out of position.. i have no idea how to fix it.. probably get that fixed when the alarm goes in..

gonna need a box for each of the back speakers i think.. dont wanna go cutting metal..

how the shiz do i change the clock in the dash too? i pushed the taco resetter thing.. and it stayed in.. will it pop out when the car moves again?

did you notice the steering wheel was a little more forward on the right side? or is it the seat?? feels like im leaning to the left..

it has lots of little compartments to hide stuff in to.. not that i would need to... 8)

its definately newcastled!!! had a few heads turn already

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :lol:

Rednut
21-01-2006, 08:39 PM
any easy way of having the low beams come out the middle lights also? i wanna have all 4 lights lit at night..instead of 2 unless the high beams are on..

Golfwise
21-01-2006, 08:53 PM
At least its nor Bora Bora Bora :cry:

Golf Loon
21-01-2006, 09:01 PM
How would you move the wheels inwards?
Glad you love the clutch and the gearbox, so do I.
The Mrs hates it, she spun the wheels outside Coles accidently and refused to drive it thereafter.
THe 1.9 has plenty of Go heh?
The interior light is the big square one that was broken when I got it. I repaired it with bits from a smaller light and warned Nathan about its flimsyness.
Move the metal prong inwards and drop the unit down into the car, retrieve all the bits and it should clip back together.
The rattle was there, but not loud, sounds like its getting worse though ??
The centre lights are spotlights and it would be illegal to have em as low beams.
The clock thing sounds like you pushed it too far. Dont break it. Prise it back out gently with a pin or a needle.
Central locking has always worked for me. Its original VAG with the vacuum hoses to each door. Check you have not disturbed any of the hoses. They are usually green plastic.
Sounds like you are having fun with her. Enjoy.

Rednut
21-01-2006, 10:21 PM
hmm.. the only other option would be to get smaller wheels then.. fek that..
what would be involved in raising the back a touch? the plastic is also wearing into the wheels by the looks of it.. not a pretty site.. i'll try getting evidence on the flasher tomorrow

does the glob slip and sit in both holes ? theres a wire hanging inside it too.. should that be touching the metal on the other side? parallel to the glob?

wheel spin = loud = 8) = didnt mean to do it today, altho my g/f's mum drove it to work today so i could drive back.. she did it whilst i was on the phone to the gf.. i thought she locked it up..
im still unsure of its sex.. few more km's should tell me...

might get the tweasers out for the taco resetter. unsure on the clock? or do you twist the resetter to set it ??

illegal to have 4 headlights? thats like having bush as the prime minister..

how does the central locking work?? i'll have no idea what im lookin for to try fix it..

cheers for the assistance :D

syncro
22-01-2006, 06:29 AM
illegal to have 4 headlights?

No, it's just that your inners only have a single globe and it's high beam. If you connected it to your main lights you would have low beam and high beam on at the same time. It is illegal to drive on high beam with oncoming traffic.

Rednut
22-01-2006, 09:51 AM
high beams arent refered to as headlights are they???

headlights = low beam = normal lights
high beam = foglights

??

Rednut
22-01-2006, 11:32 AM
the only green plastic i can find is a tube that goes to a little blue box (about 5cm/3cm) and its running through the lid of the boot.. is that it? other than that..(i havent moved them at all..) i havent touched anything.. the mrs pushed the drivers side lock down to lock it but that wouldnt of done anything.. the locking only works from the drivers lock? correct?

the wires for the back speakers arent very long! i got the 6'9's in there..but they're just kinda sitting.. if i drive around the wires will come off for sure.. getting boxes for them is going to be a pain..
the front speakers are working?? they not plugged in? i took the plastic bit off to take em off.. but it looks like i need some crazy screwdriver to get em out.. or take the dash or front window off.. ??

where does the wire (white..maybe earth wire??) that sits opposite the interior light switch go? ive got the switch part back into place..with the globe..

syncro
22-01-2006, 11:59 AM
high beams arent refered to as headlights are they???

headlights = low beam = normal lights
high beam = foglights

??

Fog lights are short spread beam designed for use in fog.
Driving lights come on with high beam and are for long distance.
It is illegal to use either of these inappropriately.

Rednut
22-01-2006, 12:16 PM
i swear we're talking about different things here..

is it legal for me to have all 4 lights set up for normal driving then have the middle 2 as highbeam when turning the high beams on?..

syncro
22-01-2006, 12:43 PM
Low beam=two outer lights on low beam
High Beam=two outer lights on high beam and two inner lights on.

The two inner lights should come on with your high beam only.

White cables go to high beam outers and inner lights and yellow cables go to low beam outers.

Golf Loon
22-01-2006, 05:46 PM
is it legal for me to have all 4 lights set up for normal driving then have the middle 2 as highbeam when turning the high beams on?..

No its illigal and the middle 2 lights only have one setting. ON, which is Highbeam

The interior light globe goes into the two bits of metal loops and then the wire goes parallel with the globe. Put a bit of tape on the globe and put it back in. You should be set.

Sit three people in the back, see where it rubs and grind it off. Repeat until it doesnt catch. :lol:

Rednut
23-01-2006, 04:47 AM
so interior wire goes through the little plastic hole and just sits on a metal bit inside the little plastic bit where the 2 wires come in opposite.. thats what i thought would be the case.. guess i didnt have the earth wire touching metal.. the globe seems to still be in tact.. so yeh.. i'll play again this arvo..

work can get stuffed if they want me to start at 7am regularly!! i have to be up at 5..ITS STILL DARK?!?! owls shouldnt be up this early! should be just gettin to bed!

Rednut
23-01-2006, 09:21 PM
altho the globe seems intact.. the bugger wont come back on. i can see the earth wire touching where its spose to be.. and theres no little bits of wire touching any other metal... so either the fuse is loose..or the globe has blown..

i may look really dumb here..but could i of possibily just bumped the fuses and knocked out the central locking and the interior light? the dash light still works.. and the radio and lighter..

Golf Loon
24-01-2006, 07:24 AM
The pocket by the drivers knee on the right side has a bck that pulls out. Then you can see the fusebox. On the back of the panel you have removed, is the listing for what fuse does what. :lol:

Rednut
26-01-2006, 12:12 AM
hopefully not too woosted on friday arvo.. will check it then..

a mate from work said he got an alarm system put in his car as a package deal for $400. it was equiped with a cyclops alarm system with black wires? and will be able to get central locking on the keyring :D

DVR68U
26-01-2006, 12:22 PM
hey mate u can have four low beams and then the middle highbeams but u'll have to change the globes in the middle lights to ones that incorperate lows and highs, thats all. if thats not possible u could buy new lights that are the same size that allow that.
cheers brenton

Rednut
28-01-2006, 01:37 PM
ok, ive taken the plastic guard off and can see the fuses clearly.. i checked the fuse that says interior light/cigarette lighter and i think dash light.. it seems fine also, the lighter and dash work fine.

i cant see one for central locking nor one that refers to doors.. any ideas?

i filled the wipers up but it doesnt seem to be pumping.. the fuse is obviously fine as the wipers work.. everything seems plugged in..

there also seems to be alot of square fuses.. like 2cm² that arent present?? dont need any of these?

Golf Loon
29-01-2006, 01:18 PM
You have npt put the interior light back together properly. Take it out and try it whilst it is hanging down until you get power and it lights up.

The Central locking is a vacuum system, not electronic. Which door did your girl push down manually? Pull it back up from inside the car, I reckon they are out of kilter or something. I only ever used the drivers lock as long as I had the car and the CL always worked perfectly.

Rednut
29-01-2006, 05:52 PM
it only worked from the drivers side according to nat.. which i kinda confirmed.. amz pushed the drivers side down..which i pulled back up.. i'm getting it serviced by a family friend so i'll be cheap and hopefully get all the little nooks and crannys sorted..

the front left wheel locks up heaps too.. when breaking.. could be dangerous in the wet, will have to get that checked too.. amz' old man reakons the rattleing is a timing issue which can hopefully be resolved by the service..

back to playing..

cheers :)

Rednut
30-01-2006, 04:59 PM
the car is now in my name and sweet talked my way out of the overdue transfer fee!!! 8) :lol:

imported_brackie
30-01-2006, 05:27 PM
this one is for you brackie :)

Ah... Looks really good! Pity Peter is leaving us. Maybe he could export stickers to us??? :cry:

Golf Loon
30-01-2006, 06:32 PM
the car is now in my name and sweet talked my way out of the overdue transfer fee!!! 8) :lol:

You silver tounged devil! Good work.

Light looks ok to me, get a bulb and holder with two bare ends on the wires and put em into the connector to test for power. The black one is earth, so one of the others should be constant + and the other switched. If you have power at the connector and it doesnt work, either the thing is not together right, or the bulb is gone. Try jiggling the bits of metal where the switch joins the unit, or jam the wire in there, could be the dodgy connection.

A different Peter is leaving us I think, Peter J G, not Pete Jones. Peter Jones is alive and well in Melbourne I hope, just a bit quiet recently mate?

Rednut, I pressed edit, not quote. DOH. Please repost the pics. :oops:

imported_brackie
30-01-2006, 07:30 PM
Lots of Peters around these days!

Rednut
31-01-2006, 11:35 AM
meh.. i'll do it later :P

just called nrma to get a quote over the phone.. $680 seems a little low for comprehensive for her?? ah well. if its there error.,, too bad.. hehehe

just car want $2700 for comprehensive... NO CHANCE BUDDY!

should i still try shannons.. or will they have a figure clsoe to just car?

Golf Loon
31-01-2006, 06:44 PM
Is the comprehensive with an agreed value? or do they send an asessor round if you total her? And who gets the salvage rights of the wreck? All policies are not created equal.

DVR68U
01-02-2006, 05:41 AM
ive always been impressed with shannons for my aircooled stuff. they might be able to do a good deal because of the age of the jetta. but u do get the salvage rights and all the goodies.

Rednut
01-02-2006, 10:11 PM
another question.. the freakin blinker light on the dash is constantly on.. and when ya put the blinkers on.. or the hazards.. the light just goes brighter.. and the blinkers dont work.. any ideas? had heaps of ****ty people tonight..cause i didnt realise they werent workin :/

Rednut
11-02-2006, 01:38 AM
what car did this engine come from? it seems as tho the wiring isnt able to be in the position it was originally in.. i'll try getting some photo tomorrow.

im starting to think its a female now too.. hehe