PDA

View Full Version : GTI - Only one reversing light?

weedub
17-02-2011, 09:52 PM
Anyone just have one reversing light come on? My wife drove my new (2 weeks old) 5dr GTI out of the drive way tonight and I noticed that only the passenger side reversing light was on. Just mine or others too?

Transporter
17-02-2011, 09:56 PM
Yep, there is only one reversing light.

bigfoot
18-02-2011, 07:54 AM
same with TSI (and new golfs from memory)

looks a bit sillly IMO

walkerchan
18-02-2011, 08:29 AM
I though it was like that with all new European cars. Even the ford focus euro has only 1 light. The other side (on ford,my golf,and my polo) are rear fog light.

I'd does look very weird though and everyone keeps telling me my light is broken

Allegiance
18-02-2011, 09:52 AM
My 06 Subaru was the same, one rear fog light and one reverse light.

barrenjoey owl
18-02-2011, 12:42 PM
Anyone just have one reversing light come on? My wife drove my new (2 weeks old) 5dr GTI out of the drive way tonight and I noticed that only the passenger side reversing light was on. Just mine or others too?

If you read the thick book thats in your Glove box you'll learn a lot about your vehicle.

brimway
18-02-2011, 12:48 PM

I fixed my nightvision thanks to this polabear666 kindly posting this .....

http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/f15/twin-reverse-light-no-red-fog-diy-34312.html

javab0y
15-03-2012, 07:46 AM
LOL I came on here looking to ask the same question! Thanks to Google I found the answer.
Same issue: wife reversing out of the garage, noticed only 1 light (left) in my 6 week old car.. even though there are 2 white/reverse lenses
EDIT: Mine's a Golf though (not Polo) but assume it's the same deal.

bigfoot
15-03-2012, 08:31 AM
you better get used to people telling you you have a globe out...and only one foglight at the front :)

apples
15-03-2012, 12:41 PM
When I picked up my car from the dealership, the salesman told me about the one reverse light (which I already knew about) as he was demonstrating how to work the controls in the car. Doesn't take a lot to give good service.

pologti18t
15-03-2012, 02:41 PM
you better get used to people telling you you have a globe out...and only one foglight at the front :)

One at the front? you sure about that :cool:

PoloDave
16-03-2012, 12:08 AM
How about getting tickets for driving with your fog lights on :nuts: Yeah real nice DRL solution VW..

gavs
16-03-2012, 07:05 AM
One at the front? you sure about that :cool:

Only when the steering wheel is turned at a certain speed with the headlights on ;)

Loving the cornering lights!

Lemonskin
01-02-2013, 12:54 PM
Lol I'm glad I found this, as I thought my reversing light was buggered.

This is a dumb feature though, as it only lights up one side when reversing!

Deadpool
01-02-2013, 01:08 PM
How about getting tickets for driving with your fog lights on :nuts: Yeah real nice DRL solution VW..

It's the same with the Toyota 86 and Subaru BRZ. Their Fog Lights are used as DRL's on the non-GTS models. If they try to ticket you, immediately fight it and take it to court. You'll win as it's a factory safety setting and they won't have a leg to stand on.

Lemonskin
01-02-2013, 02:55 PM
It's the same with the Toyota 86 and Subaru BRZ. Their Fog Lights are used as DRL's on the non-GTS models. If they try to ticket you, immediately fight it and take it to court. You'll win as it's a factory safety setting and they won't have a leg to stand on.

If you have the time/patience to take it to court...

Deadpool
01-02-2013, 03:00 PM
If you have the time/patience to take it to court...

Hey, if it gets them off of your back. They also have to pay your legal fees too.