PDA

View Full Version : Clean up from VRS register

ballsout
07-02-2008, 08:24 PM
1. CanberravRS. Race Blue Wagon. deliv Dec/07. No Mods, yet.
2. DanSA. Black Magic Wagon. No options. Feb/08. No Mods, yet.
3. Gregozedobe. Sprint Yellow Wagon. Xenons. eta May 08. No Mods. (on order)

4. Ballsout. Sprint Yellow Wagon. Front and Rear park sensors No Mods

DanSA
22-02-2008, 07:46 AM
Updated. 11/03/08

belly
27-03-2008, 01:48 PM
I've recently added an engine torque arm insert to mine too. It's quite a surprisingly good and cheap mod resulting in more definite gear shifts.

DanSA
27-03-2008, 02:07 PM
I see that APR are offering it as part of a package Belly
Good to hear its effective.

Did u fit it yourself or get if done?

Still happy with the new map? :cool:

belly
27-03-2008, 02:54 PM
Yeah, I got it fitted, only took a few minutes, definately easier with the hoist. I see they're including them with the maps over easter. Mine was gifted so cost me nothing.

The map is still going fine, love the in gear accelleration and i'm quite surprised that my long term fuel economy is sitting round 9.3l/100 which isn't too bad considering the traffic on the freeway here most mornings.

Guy_H
03-04-2008, 05:33 PM
:) :)

Dave R32
07-04-2008, 09:10 PM
8. Dave R32. Corrida Red Sedan. Front Parking Sensors. Delivery Apr08

gregozedobe
07-04-2008, 11:35 PM
So, 6 wagons and only 2 hatches out of 8 RS' so far, interesting stat :)

DanSA
08-04-2008, 07:45 AM
It is isn't it? But, like you mentioned once i think, in terms of fast wagons, theres not too much out there at this price. Sedans/Hatches - far more competition..

CanberravRS
16-04-2008, 08:28 PM
It is isn't it? But, like you mentioned once i think, in terms of fast wagons, theres not too much out there at this price. Sedans/Hatches - far more competition..

I believe in Wagon terms.. theres nothing on the road in Aus that matches it for all round function and perfromance vs cost

Dave R32
16-04-2008, 08:42 PM
I wanted a wagon but I couldnt wait for a car...too impatient.

Cheers
Dave.

DanSA
07-06-2008, 08:40 AM
All done mate, enjoy your weekend! ;)

Guy_H
10-06-2008, 10:41 AM
9: Guy H - white RS wagon - APR mods :)

Dave R32
11-06-2008, 04:43 PM
Mine now has a APR ECU re-flash........ :) :) :) :)

My wife can keep the R32 I am having too much in the vRS.

Cheers
Dave.

Guy_H
11-06-2008, 05:51 PM
Found out how great the extra space in the rear is - it can carry its own spare wheels to the track (and still have room to spare)

the Golf or the A3 can't do that!

http://www.ozaudi.com/projectSKODA/trunk.jpg

DanSA
13-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Now your just showing off.. :D

It is a great boot, mine has shifted everything from corrugated iron sheets, to cupboards, bikes and this w/e washing machine.

Good to know re 4 x wheels tho. ;)

DanSA
13-06-2008, 06:10 PM
Mine now has a APR ECU re-flash........ :) :) :) :)

My wife can keep the R32 I am having too much in the vRS.

Cheers
Dave.

Nice one! Did you get the torque arm insert too?
Dan.

Dave R32
14-06-2008, 05:31 PM
Nice one! Did you get the torque arm insert too?
Dan.

No I didnt......I will have to call Guy during the week and get one sent over.

Also had a clear bra installed in Thursday to try and keep the stone chips to a minimum.

Cheers
Dave.

belly
26-07-2008, 07:41 AM
Opps, accidently added an APR high pressure fuel pump to mine :)

brad
26-07-2008, 08:39 AM
Should I make an "other Octavia" register for all the rest of us or would it be better just to have all Octavia here & change the title?

andymancandy
30-07-2008, 01:24 PM
Took delivery yesterday

Race Blue wagon, front parking sensors

mrgolf
02-09-2008, 12:01 PM
Race blue sedan with sunroof here. Family mobile. Sacrificed UG 3dr GTI for it. Hope it is worth it.... :)

DanSA
15-09-2008, 10:25 PM
Welcome guys!
Updated the register after a period of slackness..:driver:

Brad - I'll let the mods decide on that one - but congrats on the purchase. I chased up the underbonnet insulator after your post, so thanks..

RaceBlueRS
19-10-2008, 07:59 PM
Race Blue Wagon RS. Sat Nav, Front and rear parking sensors, Sunroof Xenon headlamps, 160Gig Ipod in lieu of CD stacker

woofy
17-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Race blue RS sedan with front sensors and sunroof.

SE Melb suburbs here.

wombatoutofhell
04-01-2009, 09:54 PM
Finally got mine-Sprint yellow wagon. No options but easy to pick out with black roof rails, rear window winders and no rear parking sensors. It was bought out before the proper imports came to show Skoda Australia what they were getting and saw use as a press car, hence the lower spec (I've found it in a few articles online). Compliance date 8/08, Mine as of 2/1/09.
Cranbourne, South East Melbourne.

mrgolf
05-01-2009, 03:22 PM
update of mods: stubby aerial, debadged rear and tint. :)

To come: Eibachs, black grille surround, rear wing removal.

woofy
05-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Yep I put tint in mine the other, day although the quarter windows weren't cleaned properly and the adhesive from all those stickers there that I whipped off is under it. It was pretty obvious so I'm going back there tomorrow to get them to redo them, apart from that the rest looks fine. Also got both front headlights replaced today under warranty, to deal with that weird bulge in the lense issue.

DanSA
13-01-2009, 10:28 AM
Updated the list.

vRS554
14-01-2009, 08:04 AM
Race Blue RS Sedan, no mods, September 08

DanSA
14-01-2009, 09:02 AM
Welcome mate.
What state are you in? Enjoy it :driver:

vRS554
14-01-2009, 09:29 AM
In Melb, northern suburbs. Purchased from Bayford Skoda in Preston
Loving the car so far, no problems to speak of.

Had to talk the wife in to looking at them since she didn't really know of Skoda, but as soon as she saw race blue in the sunlight at the dealership she was sold.

chisler
21-01-2009, 07:07 PM
Black Magic, Sedan, jan 09, no mods, Vic.

code618
02-02-2009, 08:37 PM
Just signed for a Skoda Octavia RS wagon in yellow - delivery in March.

woofy
03-02-2009, 09:47 PM
March? Is it the new interior one or are you waiting for a DSG model? Otherwise there should still be heaps around

duncalsi
04-02-2009, 01:41 PM
Race Blue Sedan. March 08 model, first registed 09/08 bought 01/09. 6000km's for 29,000K driveaway. Perth, W.A. Love it, anyone suggest best mod ? Would of loved the sunroof....

code618
04-02-2009, 03:02 PM
March? Is it the new interior one or are you waiting for a DSG model? Otherwise there should still be heaps around

The car is in stock - have delayed picking it up to coincide with a car allowance from work to kick in. It will be a tough wait - memories of the test drive are fading....

It's 07 build but reg'd in Dec (demo) - no DSG, 6sp Man. Have been driving autos (not by choice) for last 4 yrs so I can't wait to be in control of a real car again. :)

woofy
04-02-2009, 07:57 PM
Yeah must admit, I could have waited for the DSG, but actually prefer the manual myself after trying both. Just need to watch that the RS doesn't like being in low revs....so tends to stall a bit easier.

code618
04-02-2009, 08:24 PM
Yeah must admit, I could have waited for the DSG, but actually prefer the manual myself after trying both. Just need to watch that the RS doesn't like being in low revs....so tends to stall a bit easier.

Will try and keep it above 5000rpm

h100vw
04-02-2009, 08:45 PM

That's the spirit! ;)

Gavin

wombatoutofhell
05-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Just need to watch that the RS doesn't like being in low revs....so tends to stall a bit easier.
I've discovered this myself after stalling on taking off a few times. Getting used to it now-I'm not even turning the wipers of so people know I'm going around corners anymore-although I do that in my wifes Suzuki now at times. Might have to get another Skoda.

woofy
05-02-2009, 02:36 PM

Yeah but below 6500rpm...it records anything much higher and voids the warrranty....i spied the code it put out recently when someones car was stolen...

gregozedobe
05-02-2009, 05:01 PM
Yeah but below 6500rpm...it records anything much higher and voids the warrranty....i spied the code it put out recently when someones car was stolen...

Yes, a bloke on Briskoda recently had his Octy II written off by his insurance company after it was stolen and received relatively minor panel damage. It had also been over-revved (7,200rpm at 220+ Kmh or somesuch :eek: ). When the repairer discovered the engine was no longer covered by warranty they quoted for a replacement engine, which made the total repair cost more than the insured value of the car minus salvage.

Big brother is watching (all the time, even when the car is in the hands of thieves). It is a pity the ECU can't diagnose that is being given a thrashing and just completely immobilise the engine with the msg "If you are going to be that rough I won't play at all ! "

Or even better - just have a hard rev limit to what doesn't damage the engine (like my 1990 Ford Laser TX3 had). That way you can't damage the engine with excess revs (unless you change from 4th to 1st at highway speeds or something similarly stupid).

ron3kl
06-02-2009, 01:09 PM
15. ron3kl. Candy White RS Wagon TDi CR DSG. Sep/08 delivered Nov/08. Window tint; Diadem indicators; variable/false boot floor. ACT

My first diesel. Might not be as quick as the petrol RS but we are still talking Commodore VE performance for only 1L/100km more than a Prius in real world terms. Although only certified to Euro 4 pollution standards, actually complies with Euro 5 and almost meets Euro 6, so all round its the greenest auto wagon I could find on the Australian market (are you listening Skoda Australia?) The DSG box is very smooth too (when it's not in 'limp' mode.... 4 times already).

Regarding the variable/false boot floor ( see http://www.accessories.skoda.co.uk/productdetail.aspx?p_no=DAA610001 ), which is not available from Skoda Australia, I built it myself last month with the help of photos and measurements sent to me by various helpful folk at Briskoda. Had to redesign it slightly to cope with the Australian child seat mounts. Looks similar to the genuine article but mine is is not as heavy, has a lockable storage compartment, is reversible with a waterproof underside (for wet/sandy items at the beach) and converts into a picnic table.

mrx
06-02-2009, 04:12 PM

My understanding is that the ECU generates a fault code if the car is driven on the rev limiter (around 7000rpm) for a sustained period of time. It's just like any other DTC that can be cleared with Vagcom, etc. I've hit the rev limiter on occasion, but then changed gears fairly promptly, and haven't had the "Warranty Void" code come up on Vagcom.

wombatoutofhell
06-02-2009, 10:13 PM
Regarding the variable/false boot floor ( see http://www.accessories.skoda.co.uk/productdetail.aspx?p_no=DAA610001 ), which is not available from Skoda Australia, I built it myself last month with the help of photos and measurements sent to me by various helpful folk at Briskoda. Had to redesign it slightly to cope with the Australian child seat mounts. Looks similar to the genuine article but mine is is not as heavy, has a lockable storage compartment, is reversible with a waterproof underside (for wet/sandy items at the beach) and converts into a picnic table.

This is brilliant-and a solution to a couple of small storage problems I'm having. Do you have a link to the briskoda thread (assuming it's a thread)? Failing that any chance of sending me the info? I might have to do something similar-easier for me as I have no need for the child seat mounts.
Thanks.

ron3kl
13-02-2009, 10:36 PM
There are a number of threads about the variable boot floor in Octy II forum at briskoda.

The one in which I asked for help is
http://briskoda.net/octavia-ii/more-information-needed-about-variable-boot-cargo-floor/129806/

However, I basically had to design from scratch because I needed to do all the measurements.
I took a lot of photos during the construction process, so if you can wait a couple of weeks (time poor at the moment) I'll put together a picture story including measurements. With the benefit of hindsight the additional features (lock box, wet side and picnic table) may not have been worth the extra effort.

wombatoutofhell
15-02-2009, 05:18 PM
I'm in no rush Ron-thanks for that!

Tick
20-02-2009, 02:20 PM
Well, today I just traded in my 07 Polo GTI on a Candy White Octavia RS sedan 6 speed. The only extra I got was window tinting. I will have to wait 7-10 working days for delivery which I think is going to be torturous. Can't wait. :driver:

Nick

gregozedobe
20-02-2009, 02:24 PM
I'm assuming that is a 2.0 TFSI ? The wait will be well worth it. Just how good the Octy's are is a well kept secret. I'm sure if more people knew they would sell heaps more of them :)

Tick
20-02-2009, 02:28 PM
Sure is a 2.0 TFSI. I am sure when they were handing out patience I was no where to be found :duh:

Nick

brad
20-02-2009, 02:45 PM
Candy White Octavia RS sedan 6 speed. The only extra I got was window tinting.

noice, very noice

code618
27-03-2009, 09:01 PM
After securing my car in January I picked it up today (my choice/circumstances caused the delay - not the dealer).

I am now the proud owner of an Octavia RS wagon (TFSI 2.0 manual) in Yellow. Took it for a bit of a squirt - all I can say is it is an amazing package. Suits my needs perfectly - sports orientated but still easy to live with, practical vehicle for my job (in terms of storage) as well as fitting in my 2 small kids.

A couple of work collegues checked it out and almost fell over when I told them what they cost (they assumed much more expensive given the spec list and overall package).

Any tips for new owners of these beasts?

Tick
27-03-2009, 11:21 PM

ENJOY:driver:

I've had mine for about a month but the novelty is not even close to wearing off.
If only people knew how good they were hey....:bluesbro:

gregozedobe
28-03-2009, 09:49 AM

ENJOY x 2 :biggrin:

Read the owners manual (lots of useful info buried there). Don't be afraid to set the maxi-dot options (locking, blinkers, auto window closing etc) the way you prefer.

Use 98 octane fuel (many owners seem to prefer BP)

Maybe read up about running in (lots of info in this forum), keep an eye on the oil consumption at first (some engines use oil, most don't).

I recommend tyre pressures of 34psi front, 32 psi rear (more for heavy loads).

Wave or flash your lights if you see any other Octys around ( gotta spread the love :) )

wombatoutofhell
28-03-2009, 09:07 PM
I was wondering earlier today if you had it yet Code-was going to PM you on CR. I agree it's a great package-perfect combination of sportiness and practicality. Fuel economy isn't bad either-I drove from the South East of Melbourne to Canberra on a tank last month. Not so good around town but that might be my heavy foot. Never had worse than 10.5km/l though. Hopefully I'll be in SA later this year for a 1/2-might catch up then.

Ummmm-maxidot options Greg? Maybe I should read the manual as well-I've never heard of them. I do always run 98 octane though.

gregozedobe
28-03-2009, 09:17 PM
Ummmm-maxidot options Greg? Maybe I should read the manual as well-I've never heard of them.

Maxidot is what the UK people call the big display in between the speedo and tacho on the vRS. You can get menus on it which allow you to program all sorts of useful options - definitely worth reading the manual to suss it all out.

code618
29-03-2009, 08:27 PM
I was wondering earlier today if you had it yet Code-was going to PM you on CR. I agree it's a great package-perfect combination of sportiness and practicality. Fuel economy isn't bad either-I drove from the South East of Melbourne to Canberra on a tank last month. Not so good around town but that might be my heavy foot. Never had worse than 10.5km/l though. Hopefully I'll be in SA later this year for a 1/2-might catch up then.

Ummmm-maxidot options Greg? Maybe I should read the manual as well-I've never heard of them. I do always run 98 octane though.

PM me when you know what race you're doing - there are a number to choose from in SA - August 1/2 (as part of the Marathon festival) is the biggest.

...Thanks for the replies guys. Took my dad (total Euro car nut) for a spin yesterday - twas impressed.

Only thing missing is a dark window tint but that can wait.

Also, I have been looking out for Skodas for a while now in SA. I think I've seen Dan (black RS wagon) heading along Port Rush Rd before and I have seen a yellow RS sedan around the Hackney area. The other obvious sightings were for the Tour Down Under - the team Astana car (Yellow RS wagon, TDi) is now for sale at the dealer I got mine from.

ScottC
30-03-2009, 01:51 PM
Hi All,

I'm new here, having bought a vRS Octavia on the recommendation of a friend (woofy on this forum). I was going to get an RenaultSport Megane 225 Cup, but for the price and equipment level, we decided the Octavia was better value for money.

Our car:

Black, September 08, sunroof, front and rear sensors. No mods yet, but soon to have CarPC for AV and GPS (when I find time!), and eventually audio upgrade.

Cheers,

Scott.

Tick
30-03-2009, 02:49 PM
Welcome aboard Scott, I could be a bit biased but I think you made the right choice of the Octy over the 225. I am still astounded at the quality and features you get for the money.

I am sure you will not regret the choice. Sounds like some nice mods coming up too.

Regards,

mrgolf
23-04-2009, 11:28 PM
Nick, do you work near/ in ****son?

Edit: ****son is a place in Canberra. I will spell it out Dee Eye Cee Kay eSs Oh eN. Stoopid swear editor...

Tick
24-04-2009, 01:34 PM
Nick, do you work near/ in ****son?

Edit: ****son is a place in Canberra. I will spell it out Dee Eye Cee Kay eSs Oh eN. Stoopid swear editor...

Nah mate, I was up there the other day at the library :eek: (don't tell anyone...haha).
I live on the south side, near Woden.

Cheers,

mrgolf
24-04-2009, 04:29 PM
I think I spotted you. I was on a bike. You looked straight at me as I was looking at your car near the nursery. Probably paying your car a bit too much notice. Did you park right near the shop which used to be Allens?

Tick
24-04-2009, 10:36 PM
Yep, parked pretty close to there, under a tree I think. If I remember correctly I was having a cruddy day and it probably showed on my face.

Hopefully if you see next time I will be having a better day and I will come across as someone you could pull up for a quick chat. Please do.

Cheers,

Autopia
15-05-2009, 11:47 PM
Hi guys,

I've spent the last few months on the Passat forum but my R36 dreams have been shattered.

I'm heading off tomorrow morning the test drive the 147 vRS wagon. I'm hoping it impresses me as I don't know where else to turn.
I've already dropped into Volkspower to see what performance mods they can provide and was pleasantly surprised.

Fingers crossed. :frown:

brad
16-05-2009, 12:59 PM
Hi guys,

I've spent the last few months on the Passat forum but my R36 dreams have been shattered.

I'm heading off tomorrow morning the test drive the 147 vRS wagon. I'm hoping it impresses me as I don't know where else to turn.

Something in the Superb range?

Autopia
16-05-2009, 04:49 PM
Something in the Superb range?

Love the car but still too exy. Even if I went with the 125TDI, once I start adding a few of the options it soon gets into the high 50's.

Autopia
16-05-2009, 04:59 PM
I'm happy to report that after driving the vRS this morning I'm a convert.
I was really impressed with the quality of the car and of course it goes like a rocket.
There are no vRS's in Oz with all the options I want so I'll be getting one of the facelift cars which I reckon look good (although many of you disagree).
The only option I'm not considering is the sunroof. It's so bloody small that it's pointless. May as well take that money and put it towards some decent 19" wheels.

Met with Volkspower yesterday (the owner has a 125TDI vRS) and they recommended some performance mods that I'll be getting done.
210kW & 400Nm here I come. :biggrin:
I may not be able to get an R36 but at least I'll be able to blow one away :driver:, and for 20 grand less.

gead
17-05-2009, 08:21 PM
even alfies? :biggrin:

Autopia
17-05-2009, 10:57 PM
even alfies? :biggrin:

I reckon so. If you look at the figures:

Alfies R36 - Around 240Kw and 380Nm with the ECU tune and exhaust according to Evolve-Technik. Weight = 1792kg

A vRS - Around 210kW and 405Nm with ECU tune and exhaust according to Volkspower. Weight = 1490kg

I reckon it'd be a good match up although the benefit of his 4motion system could play an important part.
Still the vRS would definitely take 99 out of 100 people off guard. It looks so unsuspecting

code618
19-05-2009, 09:21 AM
Looks good on paper - my concern would be getting that power down without massive traction loss and also torque steer. Do you think the RS could handle it? As it is you certainly can't drop the clutch with 147kW without traction loss. I would like to be corrected here though...:)

woofy
19-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Ah ok, I live right up the road from Volkspower and haven't noticed his Skoda, been meaning to pop into there for an interim 7500km service when I could.

Autopia
19-05-2009, 11:42 PM
Looks good on paper - my concern would be getting that power down without massive traction loss and also torque steer. Do you think the RS could handle it? As it is you certainly can't drop the clutch with 147kW without traction loss. I would like to be corrected here though...:)

I totally agree with your concerns over traction loss. When I test drove the 147 DSG, the traction light would always come on when I accelerated hard with the wheel turned. It wasn't as bad in a straight line but it was still evident.

Torque steer though was surprisingly well controlled I thought.

To be honest though you can get almost any car to break traction if you try. The trick is to learn how to drive the car effectively enough to minimize it. Feed the power on gradually rather than sinking the right foot.

If I get the work done I'm sure I'll be able to adjust....eventually. :)

Autopia
19-05-2009, 11:44 PM
Ah ok, I live right up the road from Volkspower and haven't noticed his Skoda, been meaning to pop into there for an interim 7500km service when I could.

Apparently he only just got it. It's a yellow wagon so you can't miss it.
It was my first experience with a diesel and DSG. I really liked it but I'm still not ready to take the diesel plunge.

Gkat8
08-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Hi , just wanted to add myself to the vRS register i got a 2008 sprint yellow vRS with sunroof. No mods. I was kinda hoping i could get some advise on the dozens of "chips" out there as to which ones are good ? any advice would be appreciated. :driver:

mrx
09-06-2009, 11:08 AM
All of them. You just have decide how much you want to spend, whether you want to do it yourself or take it somewhere to get done, which options are available in your state, etc.

Jake02
18-06-2009, 05:34 PM
Hi, can I add my RS to the list?
2008 Candy White RS Liftback manual only added things are headlamp protectors and tint, delivered July 08.

Possibly one of the best cars on sale in Australia at this point. I cannot fault it!

Tick
18-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Welcome mate, great cars aren't they...and look great in white too. A drive never fails to put a smile on my dial...:biggrin:. Just reflashed mine and made a great car even better..

VRS-Vic
30-06-2009, 10:12 AM
Proud new owner of a 2008 Octavia VRS. PIcked mine up last Saturday :driver:

I got a White Wagon with dark black tint
2.0 Diesel (love the torque)

I'm originally from the Czech Rep, so i thought i best do my country proud and invest in a Skoda :)

wombatoutofhell
30-06-2009, 08:05 PM
Another Melbournian-Where did you buy it and what area should I be looking out for you in?
Welcome to the forum!

VRS-Vic
03-07-2009, 05:12 PM
Well i bought mine from Richmond Skoda, and i live in Windsor so you'll see me out and about :)

what is general opinion on which is the better car. Petrol or Diesel?

Ocy_RS_TDi_Kombi
31-07-2009, 10:01 PM
I've got a 2009 Skoda Octavia vRS Racing Blue DSG Wagon which I got mid June. Bought it from Richmond Skoda after negotiating a good deal with George.

Got 4,500km on it after 5 weeks as I drive back & forth from Melb to Mildura. Averaging 6.8l/100km in the city and 5.7l/100km on the highway. Have seen 4.8l/100km on some freeway runs but the higher average speeds driving to Mildura have the highway average up a little.

Have driven a RS TFSI Manual too but prefer the diesel. The TFSI is ultimately quicker but it didn't seem to kick at any point - maybe cause it only 300km on the clock. Had a Mitsubishi Ralliart Colt with boost mods and a 2.5 inch turbo back exhaust previously and that kicked @ 3,000rpm when the turbo came on. Found the RS TFSI had more urge below 3,000rpm compared to the RColt.

Like the DSG too as I've driven manuals for 19 years and this is my first auto - getting lazy.

Cheers

Ocy

woofy
31-07-2009, 10:49 PM
I was Georges first RS sale in Nov last year....I drove a pretty hard bargain at the time as I wasn't planning on getting one until either Jan this year or June...I was happy to wait, but in the end they gave me a good price on my tradein...so I figured may as well pay out my 2.5 yr old 6 and have two newish cars in the family.

dazag
11-09-2009, 12:28 AM
Newcastle NSW- Bright Silver 09 FL vRS 2.0 TDI with DSG Wagon - picked it up today in Sydney

space-godzilla
19-09-2009, 03:53 PM
2008 vRS diesel wagon with DSG, race blue, Canberra

nrb62
27-09-2009, 02:38 PM
2008 Octavia vRS 2.0 TDI DSG Wagon. Purchased new in December. Very happy so far although I dont get to drive it very often as I bought it for my wife-silly mistake! Recently moved from Melb to Bris. The drive up was very comfortable - averaged 5.4l/100km 880k's on 1st tank & 980k's on 2nd tank- cant complain about that!

backdoc
01-10-2009, 09:47 PM
Hi all. Well I'm keeping it in the family. Sold my Black 3 door golf V R32 in March and have just been using my work car while I decided on the new "weekend" car. I finally decided on a family orientated vehicle (hope to convince the wife about kids in the next year or so).

Purchased a Petrol DSG Candy white Octavia RS wagon. Sunroof, leather, tow bar, dark tint. Only bummer now is that as it's a factory order they told me to expect delivery last January, early Feb 2010 :(

That blows..............

paul_segr
02-10-2009, 06:10 PM
Another RS in Canberra, I have a 2009 Tdi Manual, Wagon in Black. Took delivery last week.

mjd
07-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Picked up 09 RS wagon in silver today. Has the mdi installed no other options but looking at importing the premium blue tooth but unsure if I need the sat-nav to get full functionality any pointers would be great. What a beautiful car to drive and look at. Btw I'm in Newcastle NSW & bought it locally.

dazag
07-10-2009, 10:20 PM
Picked up 09 RS wagon in silver today. Has the mdi installed no other options but looking at importing the premium blue tooth but unsure if I need the sat-nav to get full functionality any pointers would be great. What a beautiful car to drive and look at. Btw I'm in Newcastle NSW & bought it locally.

Ahh sweet, will have to keep an eye out for ya then, I'm also in Newy with a Silver 09 RS wagon, mine is a TDI with dark tinting.

4thchicken
30-10-2009, 07:56 PM
picked up a 2010 raceblue rs wagon today - petrol, dsg+leather+roof+front sensors :)

spellbound
30-10-2009, 08:37 PM
Congrats , enjoy the drive nice specs , got the roof too .

I was mr lucky walked into the only adelaide dealer had a black wagon with roof just landed ,on the floor , waited 4 days .

garagelane
19-11-2009, 09:42 PM
facelift black rs petrol manual liftback... 2 days in... lovin it...

BlackOctaviaRS
09-12-2009, 08:12 PM
Black Octavia RS Wagon, Petrol, DSG, Leather, Sat Nav

Graybags
09-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Photos please and dont forget the interior! (please:P)

Madhatter_jc
15-12-2009, 09:28 PM
White - DSG - Diesel - Wagon. Dark tinting, heated seats, front + rear parking sensors so the misses won't touch park :duh:

Have installed a K&N Panel filter into the stock air box. Previous car (2001 saab 9-3 Aero) saw a 0.3-0.5L/100km drop with one installed so thought what the heck. This was more of a test than an expectation of any real gains in economy or performance.

So far I've noticed nothing... at all. But the placebo is marvelous!

Looking to get a Bluefin in the coming 6 months when the cash fund recovers from Christmas.

No photos as yet, actually have lost my camera :(

lamb
22-12-2009, 08:24 AM
Hello everyone

Just got a white manual petrol MY08 hatch from victoria (over carsales) - 09 compliance, brand new. Dunno if it's just me, but my experiences with Skoda dealers have almost been universally cr*p (apart from one about 2 hours away from my house) - only decided to buy over the net because Vic had stock of the pre-facelift one and my friendly dealer didn't have any.

Great car though and love how it's totally stealth - I almost laugh when I drive past someone who paid a similar price and ended up in a Lancer Aspire...

Got APR Stage I ECU and engine mount installed yesterday morning... the guys at Harding really looked after me!! Love the extra power and torque :D worth every cent!

OK too much writing, off to drive now!

Bayford Skoda
22-12-2009, 09:44 AM
MY10 RS TDI DSG Wagon... Race blue, Full leather and front sensors - For sale if anyone wants it :smile:

JAZ_RS
26-12-2009, 09:20 PM
I've recently added an engine torque arm insert to mine too. It's quite a surprisingly good and cheap mod resulting in more definite gear shifts.

Sorry for diverting from original post but would the torque arm void your warranty? I was thinking of getting this after speaking with Dean.

brad
27-12-2009, 08:42 AM
Sorry for diverting from original post but would the torque arm void your warranty? I was thinking of getting this after speaking with Dean.
The torque arm insert would void the warranty on the torque arm & attachment bolts. Possibly even on the other engine mounts, gearshift linkages & gearbox if VW wanted to play it tough.

Like all mods & accessories, you need to assess what your risk profile is with these things & how much heartache you are willing to bare if it goes wrong.

The VW corporate line will be that the vehicle is perfect from the factory & no modifications are required & any mods will void some or all parts of the warranty.

Graybags
26-02-2010, 07:59 PM
Finally. Delivered Dec build '10 compliance Anthracite vrs estate. Leather. Sunroof.Bi-Zenons.Fogs.Front Park sensors. Bluerfin reflash.
Love it!

Mr Purple
06-03-2010, 09:47 AM
Pre-FL 2009 Black RS sedan. Only options front and rear sensors, only modification the one that someone decided to do with their 4WD to the rear guard (soon to be fixed!).

thommo
21-04-2010, 08:43 PM
1/2010 6sp wagon race blue towbar, tinted window colombus

Antiplastix
22-04-2010, 11:34 AM
1/2010 6sp wagon race blue towbar, tinted window colombus

Thats 2 Race Blue Wagons in the Illawarra now , see you round.

thommo
22-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Thats 2 Race Blue Wagons in the Illawarra now , see you round.

Cool. I'll keep my eyes open.

aslsw
28-04-2010, 10:06 AM
Just picked up my race blue, DSG liftback with leather, MDI, and towbar.

SKODA vRS147
28-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Sprint Yellow DSG Liftback - Taking delivery July/10 all being well, Extras:- Leather, Front Parking Sensors, Bluetooth and Alarm. Changes the ratio of sedans to wagons a bit, wagons still well in the lead. :cool:

dodgey
05-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Picked up ours today. Yay! Candy White DSG TSI Liftback. Extras:- Leather, Front Parking Sensors, Xenons, Rear Wiper, Alarm and Sat Nav.

Not too impressed with the after sales, but hopefully that will be addressed. Only got less than a half tank of 95RON fuel, and didn't look like it was cleaned properly. (Although it was raining) Did get a few extras though...

Interesting tactic, they are offering full 6 year Skoda back warranty instead of 3 (with roadside assist) for $800 instead of $1600, but the servicing needs to be with them. (which is a bit funny...)

Edit: The most unimpressive thing is that I do not have the Navigation DVD. Apparently the latest practice is to send the DVD after the car has been registered, to prevent the loss of the DVD. That leaves me with a Sat Nav that isn't working, and everything including the park sensors is in German. I can't change the language until I put the Navigation DVD in, so I'm stuffed. No idea for how long. The dealer is chasing it up for me!!

Anyone got a DVD I could borrow to change the language? :)

brad
06-05-2010, 07:32 AM
Interesting tactic, they are offering full 6 year Skoda back warranty instead of 3 (with roadside assist) for $800 instead of $1600, but the servicing needs to be with them. (which is a bit funny...)
That isn't a proper factory warranty then. I'd suggest you read the PDS. Proper Skoda warranty would allow you to get serviced at any Skoda (even Audi & VW) dealer. In fact, any "suitably qualified person" using genuine parts will keep your factory warranty intact.

dodgey
06-05-2010, 11:43 PM
That isn't a proper factory warranty then. I'd suggest you read the PDS. Proper Skoda warranty would allow you to get serviced at any Skoda (even Audi & VW) dealer. In fact, any "suitably qualified person" using genuine parts will keep your factory warranty intact.

Yeah I figured that. When I had my GTI, the dealer tried that on me too...

On the plus side, with a bit of VCDS, my car now has cornering foglights :D

Edit: Spoke to the salesman who sold me the car and he confirmed that it was a NorthShore warranty rather than the official Skoda one. He also mentioned that they should have highlighted the difference between the 2, instead of trying to sell it to me as the official warranty....

brad
07-05-2010, 11:30 AM
On the plus side, with a bit of VCDS, my car now has cornering foglights :D
cool! wish I could do that (Dec 2007 build Octy). My U13 Bluebird had turning lights & they were handy.

pwcar
11-05-2010, 10:31 PM
Race Blue update, sedan, TDI, DSG

Skodaboi
06-06-2010, 10:39 PM
White Octavia RS 2.0 CRD, DSG Wagon delivered - Xenon Lights, Front Parking Sensors, Leather Trim (and protection), Dark Tinted Windows, Rubber Boot Mat, Factory Bluetooth and MDI. I also got paint protection, which has turned out better than I first thought.

bobski
02-07-2010, 11:34 PM
Race Blue TSI DSG Wagon with leather. Western Sydney.

dArK5HaD0w
05-07-2010, 11:45 AM
Sprint Yellow RS 2.0 TSI DSG Liftback.
Extras - Xenon, Front Parking Sensors, Sat Nav.

Estimated Delivery - End of October 2010!! :(
the wait is torture!!! arrrghhhhh

Scanners
14-07-2010, 09:15 AM
I recently purchase an ex-demo White 2009 MY10 Octavia TSI DSG RS Wagon with aftermarket tint.

I believe it was one of the cars Skoda used in the Tour Down Under.

ausspace87
28-07-2010, 12:58 PM
Ordered my Candy White RS TSI DSG Liftback 2 weeks ago.
Sunroof, Leather, Xenons, Front Park Assist + Columbus SatNav (now standard on MY11).
North West Sydney.

WhiteTiger
06-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Hi all, another RS for the list:

2010 vRS Wagon DSG 2.0 FSI Candy White, Black Leather, Sunroof, MDI, Full Tint

See you on the back roads...

Swampy
06-08-2010, 11:10 PM
Another vRS wagon, except its a 6speed manual TDI in race blue. It has tinted windows, mudflaps, cargo bay mat, tow bar, and a UHF radio fitted in the place of the storage bin near the gearstick. I've had the car for just over a year now and covered a fair bit of Central & Western Queensland (quickly).

Waiting for the car is misery, I ordered it in early February and it was delivered in the last week of June (the tow bar & parts trapped in the NSW floodwaters - I just couldn't wait any longer).

There are a few vRS' on the Gold Coast and a stack of regular Octavias as Europcar Rentals bought a whole stack of them late last year.
I just love being an individual amongst the sheep. :cool: :cool:

drew-8888
19-08-2010, 08:12 AM
Hi,

Drew here from Adelaide.
I picked up a 2nd hand 09 vRS TDi DSG Wagon a few months ago
face lift inside with the bolero headunit etc, but still got the old front end.

Its a work car, so went the diesel.
so far i've wired in my handsfree kit through the headunit (thanks to a briskoda member who sent me the green plug for the quadlock),
slimline rola racks with bike carriers, and TDF airhorns (as ya do)

cheers

MarksVRS
30-08-2010, 08:15 PM
Hi all,

Add another MY10 RS wagon TDI manual. Only extras are tinted windows and tow pack. Bought Sept 09.

I am not sure if it made a difference but I told them the order was only good if it could be delivered before my holidays (I was heading up to Qld). I had it within 3 weeks!

GTR27
09-10-2010, 01:09 PM
Just purchased a race blue RS wagon....TSI Manual...MY11 with MDI, front park sensors and that's about it. Getting tint etc done by a friend elsewhere. Pretty happy with the purchase, can't wait to actually receive it. Would have liked leather and Xenons but didn't want the incredibly long wait to get it.

GTR27
23-10-2010, 05:10 PM
How do I post photos up? Took a few today (got car yesterday) after 20% tint was done. Rather than go privacy, got 20% all round. Looks really good.

brad
25-10-2010, 11:45 AM
How do I post photos up? Took a few today (got car yesterday) after 20% tint was done. Rather than go privacy, got 20% all round. Looks really good.
I use a photobucket account & link using http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/ code

Gnat
13-11-2010, 04:57 PM
Hi all,
New to Skoda. Liked the vRS because its a great drive.
In fact I bought the new one I test drove 2 weeks before!
TSI Manual - Black - Leather - Sunroof
Added full tint and paint protector

Picked it up today.

Later,
Gnat.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/ (http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/3816/skoda2.jpg)

SKODA vRS147
13-11-2010, 08:21 PM
Picked mine up yesterday
See signature for details

rob_
08-12-2010, 08:52 AM
MY10 Octavia RS Race Blue manual, MDI, delivered September 2009. Already has 43,000 km on the clock... I drive quite a bit...

Sarge
08-12-2010, 09:36 PM
MY11 Liftback RS TDI DSG Black with sunroof.Delivered November 15th

redline3345
30-12-2010, 11:14 AM
MY11 Octavia vRS Wagon
Ordered June 2010, Delivered December 11th.
Options; Metallic Paint (Brilliant Silver) Leather Seats; Xenons; Sunroof; Bolle Tint; Towbar; Front Sensors; Corner Fogs; Alarm; Boot Protector - has Columbus 30G Sat Nav standard.

Intend getting the protective film for the front bumper/bonnet/mirrors etc - anyone had any experience with this? I got quoted $1100 to have it done here in Brisbane.

Have purchased the 9W7 Bluetooth from Poland - waiting for the local VW to get the CanBus wires & mounting foam in to install it.

Just curious - the Octy has a couple of issues the dealer has fobbed off -
1. A very faint "rattle" in the engine at 2000 - 2500 rpm under light throttle openings - sounds minor, like a loose bracket/pipe etc getting up a harmonic or similar - dealer told me it was the noise of the turbo. hmmm....
2. Neither front seat lumbar support seems to work - has anyone else had any issues with this? - the "technician" said he can feel a "slight" difference between full on and full off lumbar support, I think he's dreaming. The knob on both front seats seems to wind forever from stop to stop as well - I suspect that whatever the mechanism is inside is loose or not connected
3. It's already developed a LHS dash rattle after only two weeks! Aghhh.........
Any feedback would be appreciated

woofy
30-12-2010, 11:21 AM
Turbo rattle is correct, apparently it's not an issue. Until enough people complain about it! Lumbar can't help you, ours works fine, odd that you find both do it, maybe its the angle of the seat, its not a huge lump, our 6 has more noticable support. Dash rattle, check out its not your glovebox.

dArK5HaD0w
30-12-2010, 07:26 PM
MY11 Octavia vRS Wagon
Ordered June 2010, Delivered December 11th.
Options; Metallic Paint (Brilliant Silver) Leather Seats; Xenons; Sunroof; Bolle Tint; Towbar; Front Sensors; Corner Fogs; Alarm; Boot Protector - has Columbus 30G Sat Nav standard.

Intend getting the protective film for the front bumper/bonnet/mirrors etc - anyone had any experience with this? I got quoted $1100 to have it done here in Brisbane.

Have purchased the 9W7 Bluetooth from Poland - waiting for the local VW to get the CanBus wires & mounting foam in to install it.

Just curious - the Octy has a couple of issues the dealer has fobbed off -
1. A very faint "rattle" in the engine at 2000 - 2500 rpm under light throttle openings - sounds minor, like a loose bracket/pipe etc getting up a harmonic or similar - dealer told me it was the noise of the turbo. hmmm....
2. Neither front seat lumbar support seems to work - has anyone else had any issues with this? - the "technician" said he can feel a "slight" difference between full on and full off lumbar support, I think he's dreaming. The knob on both front seats seems to wind forever from stop to stop as well - I suspect that whatever the mechanism is inside is loose or not connected
3. It's already developed a LHS dash rattle after only two weeks! Aghhh.........

congrats :)
out of curiosity - petrol or diesel?

as woofy already mentioned - that rattle is "normal" according to VwAG, and there is no fix or remedy. the wastegate is the culprit.
....actually, fitting a whole new turbo, like the k04, should solve that ;)

my 'lumbar support' seams to b fine - though the difference is nowhere near like night & day.

bobski
31-12-2010, 02:25 PM

Me too after taking it on about 4000k's of secondary and dirt roads :) Two weeks sucks... Against my better judgement, I wasn't too prissy about it, bent the dash out slightly where I thought it was rattling and sprayed a heap of silicon spray in there. Instantly gone and has been for the last 5000km.

I like full lumbar, mine works pretty well. Sounds defective. Take it to the dealer, and compare it to skodas they have in the lot to see if its normal.

dru
01-01-2011, 08:09 AM
Recieved our Skoda yesterday! It's a 03/10 (MY10) build Skoda Octavia RS 147 Manual in Anthracite Grey :). One thing that actually did suprise me is the fact that I have a rear wiper on mine! I thought the rear wipers were optioned on the MY10? Either way, extremely happy with the car!

Going to take it for a long drive today, it is just so comfortable and nice to drive! I am jealous that the missus gets to drive the car 5 days a week while I am stuck in a work van!

wombatoutofhell
02-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Dash rattle sounds odd-I have always been impressed at the build quality on mine. Mine is an 07 build, was a press car before I bought it (was bought out as a demo before Skoda actually started trading here), I've had it 2 years today, 73000 km on the clock and still not a rattle in it. The Lumbar support isn't huge, but I find it comfortable when it's fully on. Apart from a few niggles, most notably the automatic headlights that think it's night in blazing sunshine, I'm planning on replacing with another Skoda.

redline3345
03-01-2011, 12:08 AM
Thanks for the feedback folks - who would have thought a turbo would rattle instead of whistle/whine? It's a petrol btw.

I haven't made it back to the dealer yet to compare lumbar supports with other new Octy's - thanks for the suggestion.

The dash rattle sounds like plastic rubbing on plastic - but I can't get anyone to drive it for me so I can sit in the passenger seat to locate where it's coming from!

Thanks again

bobski
03-01-2011, 10:59 AM
The dash rattle sounds like plastic rubbing on plastic - but I can't get anyone to drive it for me so I can sit in the passenger seat to locate where it's coming from!

Open the door and push the far edge of the dash inwards . Mine was squeaking when I did that. Now it doesn't squeak. Silicon spray is awesome :P

SKODA vRS147
03-01-2011, 09:13 PM
Open the door and push the far edge of the dash inwards . Mine was squeaking when I did that. Now it doesn't squeak. Silicon spray is awesome :P

Sounds like the same in mine. What location did you spray the silicon (picture would be great), i bought a can of silicon from kmart the other day ready to use on the the door surround.

bobski
03-01-2011, 09:37 PM
Sounds like the same in mine. What location did you spray the silicon (picture would be great), i bought a can of silicon from kmart the other day ready to use on the the door surround.

No need for a pic, I just put something hard but soft edged in to lever the dash out slightly and sprayed into the gap from the windscreen all the way around to the bottom of the dash that meets the door seal. Silicon spray dries almost invisibly, so it didn't seem to stain anything. I didn't, but you might want to put something over the areas around the gap as you end up with splash back.

Let me add a caution that I have no clue if this would cause discolouration issues over time or if it could do some damage internally or even make your car catch fire. :facepalm:

I'm just a guy who hated a squeak and happened to have a can of lube :)

redline3345
03-01-2011, 11:14 PM
bobski
Found someone to drive the Octy tonight (finally) and found the extreme end of (the passenger side) the dash was squeaking against the plastic frame for the demister tube (after removing the end cover of the dash to reveal same) - at high frequency the bloody thing sounded like a rattle. Easily diagnosed by pushing the end of the dash in as you suggested!
Cheers

safetyman
13-02-2011, 08:18 PM
MY10 Delivered in April 2010.

147kw DSG Liftback, Black, HID, Kenwood Satnav and DVD headrests.
Life is very good :)

Oh, and it swallows a 9kg washing machine with room to spare.

Transporter
13-02-2011, 08:30 PM
======================

Jake02
14-02-2011, 08:19 PM
I wonder if I actually registered for this thread... I swear I did! Anyways,

Jake02: MY09 RS TFSI Liftback 6M, candy white, no options (everything's already standard equipment!). Tint of course!

Damo105
15-02-2011, 07:57 AM
Might be good to record VIN numbers as part of the register. It's useful for future owners who want to trace the history of a car.

K1W1
15-02-2011, 02:48 PM
Might be good to record VIN numbers as part of the register. It's useful for future owners who want to trace the history of a car.

No way!
Having a VIN allows all sorts of nefarious actions. Sorry to be personal but that is a dumb suggestion.

Transporter
15-02-2011, 03:12 PM
No way!
Having a VIN allows all sorts of nefarious actions. Sorry to be personal but that is a dumb suggestion.

+2. Protect your privacy the best you can, it is the battle we are loosing. :(

Damo105
15-02-2011, 04:10 PM
It's quite common practice in the classic car fraternity. But fair point.

dru
16-02-2011, 04:27 AM
Dru: MY10 Octavia vRS TSI 6M, Anthracite Grey, Tinted Windows