PDA

View Full Version : All I Want For My New TSi DSG Polo is...

sVWatt
09-02-2011, 08:40 PM
To know how to bypass the speed setting on the RNS510 so the video does not cut out when I move - for the sake of my passenger.

To fit nice running lights to the headlights or buy the VW real McCoy.

To fit illuminated kick plates to the doors - front and back.

To fit darkened rear light clusters.

To fit a shark fin type roof aerial.

To fit a decent power chip to up the 77kW to around 90kW

To be able to program the remote so that it wound up any open windows.

All advice and more ideas welcome :)

break
09-02-2011, 09:09 PM
To know how to bypass the speed setting on the RNS510 so the video does not cut out when I move - for the sake of my passenger.If it's like the BMW media units you will need to bypass the handbrake sensor using a resistor. All cars sold that can play video in Aus have to have a device that cuts the video while in motion... and most put this in the handbrake so the video will only play while the handbrake is on.

I do find it funny that your username is actually wrong... shouldn't it be '77kw polo tsi', as it's the petrol motor that has 77kw :P

Crispy
09-02-2011, 10:33 PM
To be able to program the remote so that it wound up any open windows

The remote already has this function. Just hold down the lock button for a few seconds and any open windows will close. Similarly if you hold the unlock button for a few seconds all windows open!

sVWatt
10-02-2011, 05:45 AM
This keeps getting better and better :). Cheers

gavs
10-02-2011, 11:39 AM
All I Want For My New TSi DSG Polo is...

To hurry up and get here for a start except it's a GTI (scheduled build wk 12 now! :) ) then after that, rear anti-roll bar and some bitey-er brake pads, wheels darkened to either metallic charcoal or black to match the dark tint on the windows and blacked out grill areas etc :)

sVWatt
11-02-2011, 07:42 AM
Will you be giving her a new chip?

gavs
11-02-2011, 11:55 AM
Possibility down the track, probably once I feel I need more power:)