PDA

View Full Version : so ive got a problem.. but what is it?

benissatan
20-05-2007, 01:18 PM
i went to start up my car today, wouldnt start so i turnt it over a few times to get it started. finally started up, the rev counter is idling at 2 thousand revs instead of under 1 thousand revs. so i thought i better take it for a drive to warm up.
as i pulled off every gear change was gerky, it was almost like the gas peddal was stuck. so it would give me a clutch boost every time i would change gear!
i pulled into a service station with a garage in it, me and the bloke had a chat about it.. he suggested a blown head gasket? hope not:mad: then we started fiddling around with the car, and the bloke suggested an electrical thought?? the car is due a service in 4 months.. so i think i might have to give it a early service..
what do you think the problem is?

h100vw
20-05-2007, 01:25 PM
The dude is having a laugh with the head gasket scenario.

Have the car scanned for faults. VAG-COM or dealer, it might be a duff snsor that has quit or something else easy.

No point in starting with the hard/expensive stuff.

If I were to have a guess, I'd be looking at water temp senders first.

Gavin

benissatan
20-05-2007, 01:33 PM
the water temp indicators were flashing at me, but that wouldnt make the car jolt changing gears...? or even when i was taking my foot off the gas peddle it would jerk and jolt.

h100vw
20-05-2007, 01:53 PM
the water temp indicators were flashing at me, but that wouldnt make the car jolt changing gears...? or even when i was taking my foot off the gas peddle it would jerk and jolt.

If the temp sender isn't in water cos the level is low the ECU can't read how hot the motor is and can't inject the right amount of fuel and get the timing correct.

If the water lights are still flashing, then top it up if need be. Maybe the water is slopping about in the engine when you change gear and the ECU is getting an intermittent signal.

Gavin

benissatan
20-05-2007, 02:06 PM
ive checked the water level.. it was fine.. well i couldnt see through the container, so i had to open up the lid to look inside and itwas fine. the container was too dirty (on the inside for some reason?) arghh bloody cars, im going to have to take a day off and get it looked at on friday! bloody cars! espicially when i was about to try and sell the thing! ohwell thats the pain of having a car i geuss!

h100vw
20-05-2007, 02:13 PM
There must be someone that can scan it for you, how about Seb, bugracer? He seems to work 24-7.
I reckon even Golfloon might have the technology.
Gavin

benissatan
20-05-2007, 02:31 PM
i probs will just take it to a mechanics on friday.. hope it will be better by then.. as it started to run better by the end of the drive, so it was idling bk at under 1 thousand.

benissatan
22-05-2007, 06:28 PM
took it to a guy in monavale, very good mechanic, cleaned up around the battery, apparently the battery wires or somet like that had corroded abit. plus some bolts were loose on the car in certain places.. she now runs perfectly! picking it up tomorrow, argh so annoying when you dont have your car!!

syncro
22-05-2007, 09:51 PM
took it to a guy in monavale, very good mechanic,

Was it Derek? :?

benissatan
23-05-2007, 06:17 AM
the guys name is stewart.

gpk_gti
23-05-2007, 08:23 AM
make sure you post up all details!! was a silley problem eh??