PDA

View Full Version : Holden Sportwagon Review compared to Superb Wagon

dArK5HaD0w
01-02-2011, 11:56 AM
CarAdvice (http://www.caradvice.com.au/99446/holden-berlina-sportwagon-review/)

At the bottom of the article, they mention the Skoda Superb wagon is the better choice.
interesting comments too from other readers!

team_v
01-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Awesome outcome that they rate the superb better.
Sure the Falcadore present value for money as you get lots of power for relatively little cost.
But if you were using the value for money judgement when buying a car you would get a Hyundai Getz.

I know that i would definitely be looking at a Superb if i was in the market for a wagon.

brimway
01-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Part of the VW family, how could you not like it?

Ozsko
01-02-2011, 04:26 PM
The author lives in dream world as far as prices go. Mate of mine just bought an SS sportswagon well loaded for $47 thousand and he didn't have to wait six months to get it. I reckon a Berlina would be a fair bit cheaper than $44 thousand. Horses for courses, I bought a Skoda and I like it.

K1W1
01-02-2011, 04:30 PM
Reviewers are obliged to quote the manufacturers rrp pricing not real world pricing.

Ozsko
01-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Reviewers are obliged to quote the manufacturers rrp pricing not real world pricing.

What law compels them to do that? I recently read a review of all discounts available on cars in the SMH.

K1W1
01-02-2011, 09:52 PM
They are obliged because it's the only accurate way of measuring where the manufacturers have positioned their vehicles.
They can't publish discounted pricing because discounts vary from dealership to dealership, state to state and deal to deal. What price the reviewer may be able to get for a vehicle could be totally different from what you might get or I might get.
Reviewers have to review what is given to them and if the manufacturer gives them a car and says that the car is worth $123,000 then they have to write their review based on that information.

Ozsko
02-02-2011, 01:16 PM
As I said SMH published a whole column of cars from A to Z last week with discounts that could be expected so I guess that blows your reasoning? I wish I could find the link. As I said, obliged by who?

brad
02-02-2011, 02:22 PM
What law compels them to do that? I recently read a review of all discounts available on cars in the SMH.

Those discounts in the SMH article are factory backed & therefore available to all purchasers at country & city dealerships alike. Any other discounts are only by individual negotiation with the dealer & depend on your own negotiation skills. Some people are good at it (a mate just bought a 50th anniversary XR6T for $36k) and others (like my wife) are too afraid to ask for a discount & pay RRP without a thought.

A Holden wagon will cost you $47k if you don't negotiate.

K1W1
02-02-2011, 05:52 PM
As I said SMH published a whole column of cars from A to Z last week with discounts that could be expected so I guess that blows your reasoning? I wish I could find the link. As I said, obliged by who?

A list of factory supported discounts is a list of factory supported discounts. What it is not is a car review that shows the RRP of the vehicle being reviewed.
"so I guess that blows your reasoning" Your argument is totally flawed.

When car reviews list the price of a standard bunch of spare parts like some do do they list the standard RRP or the "this weeks sales price for a Chinese knock off equivalent part" at the local grease monkeys garage?