PDA

View Full Version : Picking a Colour

Static
27-01-2011, 04:29 PM
I was sure I was going to be strong !! Icelandic Grey makes so much sense ... and my last 3 cars have been Black ... so impractical. So yes I ordered the sensible colour ... and then changed it to Deep Black 48 hours later !!!

When the CC gets here with all the gear I'll be happy !!

Assuming the injector failure is resolved !!:cookie:

team_v
27-01-2011, 05:39 PM
I was sure I was going to be strong !! Icelandic Grey makes so much sense ... and my last 3 cars have been Black ... so impractical. So yes I ordered the sensible colour ... and then changed it to Deep Black 48 hours later !!!

When the CC gets here with all the gear I'll be happy !!

Assuming the injector failure is resolved !!:cookie:

Deep Black CC's look the SEX!
Definitely worth the upgrade over icelandic grey.

genkifd
27-01-2011, 07:59 PM
i think CC looks great in most colours except gold. i love white...

slotmachine
28-01-2011, 12:17 PM
Black is good if you enjoy washing the thing every second day.

My black Passat will be my first and last black car.

dylan8
28-01-2011, 12:28 PM
I thought the gold would look crap when my old man got his. But I now prefer it to some other colours on the CCs now.
(easy to keep clean too!!!)

PA.
28-01-2011, 12:50 PM
Mine is Silver Leaf and is so easy on the eye. Still looks clean when it's covered in road grime. Lots of people have remarked on how classy it looks.

V6Passat
31-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Black is good if you enjoy washing the thing every second day.

My black Passat will be my first and last black car.

me too! Pearl black looks awesome for an hour after I wash it...the next day looks average and the day after even worse! First and last black car.

nivek
31-01-2011, 09:03 PM
IMO black looks the best ;). Agree with the maintenance though, so I bought this to help:

California Car Duster Company - The Original California Car Duster (http://www.calcarduster.com/originalDuster.asp)

You'd think it'll scratch the paintwork (esp microscratches on black), but if you do some research and use common sense (don't apply too much pressure) it's safe. It won't get rid of watermarks though.

Static
31-01-2011, 09:30 PM
I'll remember that ... It's black and it's ordered.

Leagle
06-02-2011, 10:47 AM
IMHO Reflex Silver and Silver Leaf (which changes colour from silver to a subtle but classy gold depending on light) are the best colours.

Black looks great on many cars but IMHO the Passat CC is not one of them. I prefer the lighter colours as it shows off the car's detailing.

Sorry, but I guess each to their own. Its a personal matter. However no matter the colour, the CC is an awesome car. Enjoy!

ZiggaZagga
01-10-2012, 01:33 AM
Candy White is the best colour for the CC

Darks RS
01-10-2012, 09:34 AM
Autumn brown ftw! I although cw will be the next colour.
Autumn brown changes its color but is difficult in wheel colour choice.

phaeton
01-10-2012, 09:38 AM
Candy White is the best colour for the CC

I agree very understated colour on the CC.

Saying the above though, the Black looks great on a CC to ;)

ScottyP
02-10-2012, 04:28 PM
White with black rims, but I'm biased :-)

Seriously though, I think the lighter colours such as white and silver show the car's lines much better.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/10/CC_VMRs-1.jpg

Darks RS
03-10-2012, 10:28 AM
Agreed, the lighter colours better show the lines. IMO though gun metal on a CW looks the best!

I get shanked cause Autumn Brown (Gold dammit) doesn't look good with black / gun metal wheels, only silver..

White with black rims, but I'm biased :-)

Seriously though, I think the lighter colours such as white and silver show the car's lines much better.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/10/CC_VMRs-1.jpg

ScottyP
03-10-2012, 11:18 AM
Agreed, the lighter colours better show the lines. IMO though gun metal on a CW looks the best!

I get shanked cause Autumn Brown (Gold dammit) doesn't look good with black / gun metal wheels, only silver..

I tried to get anthracite rims, but they were not available at the time so settled for mat black. I've seen quite a few white Golfs lately with gloss black rims and I reckon they look shocking! A lot of X5 Bimmers with same too. Again, look awful IMO.

GippsCC
10-11-2012, 10:03 PM
For something different, and easier to find in the car park amongst the sea of whites, greys, blacks, and reds, I opted for the Night Blue Metallic. Looks good from what I've seen in the photos of the new model.

brad
18-02-2013, 09:15 PM
It appears the wife can get a base model, no options Passat CC for a company car. She's pretty happy as she's been driving various SUVs, wagons & Falcadores that were function over form for the last 25 years.

What colours hide the dirt the best? She rarely washes her car & it sits on the street 24/7. The brochure is hopeless & I doubt they have the full pallete at the dealer.
White, black & anything close to black are out.

BTW: what exterior colour matches the Truffle (red/brown?) interior?

How does the corn silk beige hold up under the rigours of an active family (2 teenagers & a medium dog)?

Yes, she should be choosing a Passat wagon but she loves the look of the CC & it isn't my money so I don't care.

thx

Daniel Ringrose
24-01-2014, 05:38 PM
Brad,
I just bought a used Passat CC in Reflex Silver. As much as a dark colour can look great, I'm very happy with my choice as:

1. Silver hides dirt really well (it's same colour as girlfriends Mazda 2)
2. Silver reflects heat well (though I have black interior with ventilated seats)
3. The colour perfectly compliments the lugano alloys and brushed aluminium interior strips

I hope this helps. Enjoy the purchase!

brad
27-01-2014, 05:48 PM
Her new car has been in the driveway for 15,000km.

Unfortunately, she had a brainfart & bought a Holden Captiva - burgundy if it makes any difference.

Much dissapoint.

gandv
27-04-2015, 01:08 PM
My favourite still - but I think VW could have picked a better name than 'Autumn brown' for Aus or 'Light brown' for Europe. Maybe Cappuccino or even Latte? It does change colour a lot, depending on angle and light, and generally doesn't have a lot of "colour" in it - the touch up paint even looks like it's a silver ......