PDA

View Full Version : What engine will power your Amarok?

phaeton
24-01-2011, 05:10 PM
What engine will power your Amarok?

Thanks for the edit Transporter :D

Gazzaco
24-01-2011, 06:40 PM
Bi turbo would be the preference, however i have to wait a year for a single cab, and then they dont know if it comes in the bi turbo!!!!

phaeton
24-01-2011, 07:09 PM
Bi turbo would be the preference, however i have to wait a year for a single cab, and then they don't know if it comes in the bi turbo!!!!

Not that I work for VW but I believe there will be a BiTDI in single cab guise.

2dr Evangalist
24-01-2011, 07:34 PM
Pity there is no 132kw Button .... :)

Seano
25-01-2011, 07:14 AM
Wouldn't the choice also depend on what the driveline options are for each engine....VWoA have a history of offering limited driveline flexibility with respect to 4Motion and various engines

flyingfridge
25-01-2011, 07:33 AM
At this point the only confirmed driveline for Australia is the 120kW BiTDI (or TDI400 ;) ) with a choice of RWD or Selectable 4MOTION with Low Range.

We have heard about the other two engines but nothing is confirmed as yet. What I'm hearing from VGA is the petrol will launch at the same time as the single cab. The 90 has kind of faded away so not sure what's happening there. Also, the 3 torsen diff 4MOTION has not been included on the Australian Spec Sheet at this point.

Gazzaco
25-01-2011, 10:05 PM
Not that I work for VW but I believe there will be a BiTDI in single cab guise.

Oooooooo i sure hope so!!

phaeton
28-01-2011, 09:17 PM
If I could change my vote I would :D

2.0 BiTDI now is my choice ;)

Transporter
28-01-2011, 10:07 PM
If I could change my vote I would :D

2.0 BiTDI now is my choice ;)

Then, it's your vote now. :)

phaeton
29-01-2011, 06:17 AM
Then, it's your vote now. :)

Cool didn't know you could do that.

Cheers :toast:

flyingfridge
29-01-2011, 08:11 AM
The BiTDI is awesome. We have a ramp here where we drive cars up on to be higher up and stand out more in our yard. I put our preview Amarok up on it yesterday and didn't need any throttle at all, the thing just went up on the clutch at idle, even when I had to stop half way up to straighten up and then start on the incline.

Can't wait to drive one on the open road and see what it's really like - booked in for training on the 2nd of march, can't wait!!

Seano
29-01-2011, 11:17 AM
The BiTDI is awesome. We have a ramp here where we drive cars up on to be higher up and stand out more in our yard. I put our preview Amarok up on it yesterday and didn't need any throttle at all, the thing just went up on the clutch at idle, even when I had to stop half way up to straighten up and then start on the incline.

....and it wasn't even using either turbo at the time.........<just like every other TDi ute out there....even a Transporter>.

Talk about gilding the lily....

flyingfridge
29-01-2011, 11:23 AM
....and it wasn't even using either turbo at the time.........<just like every other TDi ute out there....even a Transporter>.

Talk about gilding the lily....

Referring to the engine, not the turbo system