PDA

View Full Version : Amarok

paul_gtimk2
19-01-2011, 07:54 AM
Guys !!

I was just at Lennock Motors in Phillip and i seen the new Amarok in the flesh. its apparently the first Amarok in a Australian showroom !

Id go and see it if your in the area this is a exciting oppurtunity not to be missed !

Umai Naa!!
19-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Yeah, they're really something. I saw a handfull of them at VW Australia HQ today, in a few different trim levels exterior guises.

I'm waiting to hear what the base model is priced at, as we're in the hunt for a new rig.

Also, don't take this as gospel, but they may be pre-wired for towbars going of the one I had a stickybeak under. The other thing that may interest others, is that they're ISOFIX-equipped, too. Perhaps one day, DoTaRs will see the light and have ISOFIX child restraints approved for Australian use.

gavs
19-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Also, don't take this as gospel, but they may be pre-wired for towbars going of the one I had a stickybeak under

Have to be, they have ESC that is calibrated with the trailer and tow bar.

Umai Naa!!
19-01-2011, 08:45 PM
If you're referring to Trailer Stabilisation, it's not something the market department at VW Australia normally ticks on the sheet of options.

We'll just have to wait and see.

flyingfridge
19-01-2011, 09:26 PM
If you're referring to Trailer Stabilisation, it's not something the market department at VW Australia normally ticks on the sheet of options.

We'll just have to wait and see.

True, but this is Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles which means a completely different set of people (and technically a completely different subsidiary of the Volkswagen Group to the company that builds the passenger cars). I'd be pretty surprised if it came out without the trailer stabilisation given the dual cab ute market's lean towards towing.