PDA

View Full Version : QLD SEQ Drive Day #3, June 3rd (In Memory of Jasmin)

shaneth
16-05-2007, 10:24 PM
As most of you have read, Golfer has experienced a huge loss last night. So he has asked me to take over until he feels up to it. So now for the cruise.

Meeting place :- Eight Mile Plains Bus Car Park

Meeting time :- 8:30 to leave by 9:00am SHARP.

Destination :- Chinderah via Mount Tamborine and the Natuarl Arch.

Maps for Car Park. :-

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/05/sgpapi61011KJ61178755391799-3.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/05/sgpapi8ZSG87L1178749456544-3.jpg

The run in next post.

shaneth
16-05-2007, 10:35 PM
Leg 1

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p162/shanethb/Leg1.jpg

Here we go from Eight Mile PLains to Mt Tamborine. This drive invloves a bit of everything, Little bit of Highway, Some cruising and some twisty stuff. Not a bad run providing that there is no traffic. We have found a awesome place for photos along the road that has magnificent views. Lets hope we can fit 34 cars in. :o

Leg 2

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p162/shanethb/Leg2.jpg

From the top of Mt Tamborine to Natural Bridge. Another nice run. Be careful it is very steep going down the back of Tamborine. Also there are some one way bridges to be aware of. Hopefully another Photo op at Natural Bridge.

Leg 3

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p162/shanethb/Leg3.jpg

The final run of the cruise is from Natural Bridge to Chinderah. Once again another fantastic drive, Nothing i can remember to be aware of inperticular. Once again another Photo op at Tweed iver where we are having lunch.

Lunch :- Fish and Chips or handburgers at Chinderah right near Tweed River.

From here we will disperse as we feel like it and go our seperate way home.

Misc info in next post

shaneth
16-05-2007, 10:41 PM
Here is a list of interested people, Please i know this is a pain but can you please confirm if you are a definite and let us know what Make Model and colour your car is and also how many people will be coming with you. This way we can let the poor :D fish and chip shop in on the cruise with some rough numbers. And also makes it easy for me to make the direction booklets. Once you have been confirmed i will update this post.

Confirmed - 32 Cars - 41 people
1. Golfer - White MK3 Golf - 2
2. Eddy - Blue Polo GTI - 2
3. DaveMack - CW Polo GTI - 2
4. Dr Spine - Red MKV GTI - 2
5. shaneth - CW Polo GTI - 2
6. KI11Z - White MK3 VR6 - 1
7. Bombsquad21 - White 1997 Golf GL - 2
8. Spec83 - CW Polo GTI - 1
9. jasn78 - Blue Polo GTI - 1
10. japtaxi - CW MKV GTI - 1
11. golfmeup - Black MKII GTi -1
12. BrisGTI - Red MKV GTI - 2
13. voodoo - black Mk5 GTI - 1
14. Ninzi (vortex) - Pearl Blue MKV R32 - 1
15. vwgtimkv - CW 3dr MKV GTI- 2
16. Wakdog - Polo TDi - 1
17. G60Jay - Corrado 16V - 1
18. DOHCDAVE - MK1 16v - 1
19. Rudiger isosceles - red mk3 VR6 -1
20. Bing56 - white mkv gti - 2
21. MINTpolo - White Polo GTI - 1
22. Borasport - Bora 4 motion - 1
23. mean_green_mk1 - 1980 green mk1 - 1
24. mean_green_mk1 - 1994 red vr6 - 1
25. sdw1 - Black mk3 golf Vr6
26. the_kyle - Silver Audi S3 - 1
27. GuyH - Red Polo GTI - 1
28. GuyH - Red MK5 GTI - 1
29. revnit - Mk1 Golf (gti replica) - 2
30. Graeme86 - 2004 VW Deep Blue Pearl .:R32 - 1
31. jbot - 2002 VW Golf GTI Black Magic - 1
32. Black Beast - 2006 Mk5 GTI Black Magic - 1.

Interested - Cars
Wheelzy72
Tameth_au
jerrah

Thats it for now, I will post more info if it comes to hand and some of the usual drive safely info closer to the time. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Dr Spine
16-05-2007, 11:43 PM
Yes, I'm still coming. Red Mk5 GTI. At the moment I'm on my lonesome but hope to buring a mate for the ride.

vwgtimkv
17-05-2007, 12:17 AM
Yes, I'm definitely coming. CW MkV 3dr GTI. Might be bringing a mate with me, but not too sure.

japtaxi
17-05-2007, 12:32 AM
i'll be in white mkv too ;)
heh I have to miss out on friend's 1 year old baby birthday party just for this! :shock: ;) :D

DaveMack
17-05-2007, 01:19 AM
Definately. Polo GTI.

Dave

KI11Z
17-05-2007, 04:24 AM
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jasmin . . . . . . . :( :( :( :( **** . . .

I'll be there in my WHITE MK3 VELF VR6

Spec83
17-05-2007, 05:08 AM
i'm in - white polo gti

shaneth
17-05-2007, 06:29 AM
3 white polo GTI's :D :D :D

Dr Spine
17-05-2007, 07:11 AM
I have to miss out on friend's 1 year old baby birthday party just for this! :shock: ;) :D

Dude. You must be so cut up about that! Imagine having to miss out on a one year olds (who's not your kid) party so you can go on an awesome drive. Life sometimes can seem so unfair. j:

bombsquad21
17-05-2007, 07:42 AM
I'm in, probably with a passenger?

White 1997 Golf GL

DaveMack
17-05-2007, 07:48 AM
3 white polo GTI's :D :D :D

Hey Shaneth ... I'm bringing my bro.

Cheers mate,
Dave

BrisGTI
17-05-2007, 01:10 PM
I am in and might bring my brother if he can get it off work.
Ow yeah

Red MKV GTI 06 :cool:

jasn78
17-05-2007, 04:15 PM
And another blue Polo GTI so Eddy doesnt feel so lonely:)

Eddy
17-05-2007, 07:20 PM
And another blue Polo GTI so Eddy doesnt feel so lonely:)

Hoyhoy.
Yeh bud my Little Blue Girl would like to see her boy friend again.
She might have to look up this time as she has been dropped a bit with Guys coilovers from the project Polo.
P.S. No little pups to show for, from the last meet.

But I'm sure JASMIN won't mind.

golfmeup
18-05-2007, 05:43 PM
golfmeup - Black MKII GTi
I'm already parked at Eight Mile waiting !!
lol
j:

voodoo
18-05-2007, 07:36 PM
I'm in black Mk5 GTI - wife's still spew-in that she is not available

Bora Sport
18-05-2007, 07:52 PM
I'm a definite maybe. Beeza or Bora yet to be decided.

Dr Spine
18-05-2007, 10:19 PM
C'mon everyone. Plenty of you said that you were in. Here's your opportunity to confirm your attendance on the day (as we've been asked to do). Golfer and Shaneth are putting plenty of effort in so we can have a fun day. If you are coming but haven't confirmed yet then please pull your finger out and post a message. They need to know the numbers to plan the day and make it run smoothly. :)

shaneth
18-05-2007, 10:38 PM
C'mon everyone. Plenty of you said that you were in. Here's your opportunity to confirm your attendance on the day (as we've been asked to do). Golfer and Shaneth are putting plenty of effort in so we can have a fun day. If you are coming but haven't confirmed yet then please pull your finger out and post a message. They need to know the numbers to plan the day and make it run smoothly. :)

Thank you. Couldnt agree more.:)

G60JAY
19-05-2007, 09:56 AM
I'm there. Either in a mk2 or a corrado.

wakdog
19-05-2007, 10:05 AM
count me in. Ill be there in my Polo TDI, its this sorta thing that makes me wish i still had the VR6...

DOHCDAVE
19-05-2007, 11:38 AM
As said earlier in the thread i'm in,
MK1 16v.
Can't wait to see you all there.

Dave

rudiger_isosceles
19-05-2007, 01:51 PM
i just this minute made an account here, but i'm in if i'm welcome, red mk3 VR6 (previously owned by wakdog). I dont know if i'll bring anyone else, probably not.

shaneth
19-05-2007, 01:56 PM
of course your invited rudiger isosceles, any watercooled vw is. and welcome to the forum.

BrisGTI
19-05-2007, 04:00 PM
Just wondering ETA on when it will be totally finished and back in brisbane.?:?:

shaneth
19-05-2007, 04:06 PM
lets see umm we are leaving at 9 and its 2 hours driving time to tweed heads according to whereis. add about an hour at the stops and thats being generous and thenwhen we get to tweed we are having lunch so we should be having lunch at 12 and then its up to you so you can leave straight away or hang around, should take about 1.25 hrs home i reckon. Hope that helps. So if you dont stop for lunch say 1pm ish if you do then it depends how long you stay.

Bing56
19-05-2007, 06:27 PM
We are there also; mkv gti (white) plus wifey,,,,,,

MINTpolo
20-05-2007, 12:20 PM
Hi there,

i'll tag along to meet and say hello to everyone.

shaneth
20-05-2007, 12:32 PM
good work Mint look forward to seeing you there. (plus another polo :D )

graeme86
20-05-2007, 01:33 PM
Slighty OT , but something for all you Polo GTi owners:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glfJWywhOLg&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fgermancarblog%2Ecom%2F

We'll let you blokes park first.:D

vwgtimkv
20-05-2007, 01:36 PM
While I'm at it, how much is 1986 the best year in which to be born ;) :)

PS. I'm hoping thats a reference to your birth year in your name, or I'll look like an idiot :D

shaneth
20-05-2007, 05:36 PM
everyone has been pmed who hasnt confirmed so please let me know asap.

vwgtimkv
20-05-2007, 07:48 PM
2 weeks today! Not long now! And 5 days until I get my GTI for those who I haven't already reminded!

bombsquad21
20-05-2007, 08:05 PM
I'm there. Either in a mk2 or a corrado.

The Latter please Jay! That is a sweet ride! I'll try not get lost this time, promise...

Guy_H
21-05-2007, 08:51 AM
One red Polo or Golf GTI (Or possibly both)

Spec83
21-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Hey guys - checked out the meet spot and we are all good - carpark was open...

If by some chance the BCC read this and close the proposed carpark the main busway carpark across the road is open 24/7 so we can go over there as there is plenty of parking that time of the morning!!

:)

revnit
21-05-2007, 05:02 PM
Im in :D Mk1 Golf (gti replica) maybe a passenger.

DOHCDAVE
22-05-2007, 07:56 PM
So what would the numbers be around now?

sounds like there's almost 50 or mabe over.

More and more everyday!.

COOL ;)

Just smashed the last 4sp, that's all the 4spd's put to
good use, NOW i can take them to the scrap yard!....HaHa.
Now.. ...to get that 5spd in,in two weeks, fingers crossed.

will need a few miracles though.
as in the need of some vital bits.
Cheers Dave

shaneth
22-05-2007, 08:17 PM
yeah i guess it just depends if the rest of the guys comeor not.

45set
26-05-2007, 09:34 AM
is this a VW only event... or can a old VW owner come along?

i remember a few of the user names on that list, tam, grahem, jarrad..... didn't see danny, but he is always up for a mt run :p

plus i havn't had a chance to "test" the new sway bars and tyres

Golfer
26-05-2007, 09:39 AM
Thanks Shane for looking after proceedings while I've been otherwise occupied... :(

Looks like the cruise is going to be fantastic. 31 cars confirmed, it's going to be very very big. Yay for us SEQ!!!

Start polishing your cars boys and girls. Just over a week to go. And for those who aren't sure, I AM coming on the cruise (as long as my car is running) for my Jasmin. I'm gonna have a mate riding shotgun to keep me company and work the radio (oh and I'm trying to convert him to Volkswagenism ;))

I hope everyone's getting excited!!!

Cheeeeeeers
J:)HN

DaveMack
26-05-2007, 09:46 AM
Thanks Shane for looking after proceedings while I've been otherwise occupied... :(

Looks like the cruise is going to be fantastic. 31 cars confirmed, it's going to be very very big. Yay for us SEQ!!!

Start polishing your cars boys and girls. Just over a week to go. And for those who aren't sure, I AM coming on the cruise (as long as my car is running) for my Jasmin. I'm gonna have a mate riding shotgun to keep me company and work the radio (oh and I'm trying to convert him to Volkswagenism ;))

Cheeeeeeers

It'll be great to see you there, John. (Taking the Zymol to the car even as we speak.)

Cheers, Mate

Dave

vwgtimkv
26-05-2007, 05:24 PM

Cheeeeeeers

My deepest sympathies to you and your respective families, John. Its great to hear that you're back. I'm looking forward to meeting you on the drive day.

Cheers
Steve

Dr Spine
26-05-2007, 11:54 PM
is this a VW only event... or can a old VW owner come along?

All are welcome. I believe that the ONLY prerequisite is that you are driving a watercooled Volkswagen.
I know it's a bit harsh but I believe that this is something that we should stick by. Otherwise eventually we'll have too many non VW's in the group and that kind of defeats the purpose I feel.

DOHCDAVE
27-05-2007, 08:10 AM
Bloody oath!
I Said the same to myself and G60Jay.
He Should jump in with someone else, Sure there will be plenty offering a ride in a real car. LOL!
If i can get a four speed box off any one local to me just for the cruise would be great.
Just the way for me, some event is coming up so somethink happens to the car, always happens to me!.
Have a five speed to go in just not all the parts yet,
Anyone s/e/QLD got a early four speed diesel/petrol box sitin around send me a pm. Will change the box mid week as i'm keen to be there in the mk1.

OH, And would be happy for you to come with us providing i get the gear box changed, 45-set.

Cheers Dave

45set
27-05-2007, 12:52 PM
damn... i knew i should have got that A3 1.8t

oh well... i love Mk1's.... and one with a 16v sounds sweet...... i'll see if i'm up to anything next weekend and i'll get back to you Dave.... i'm just scared if i go with you... i'll wanna sell the teg and get one

shaneth
27-05-2007, 03:06 PM
John has spoken.

Dr Spine
27-05-2007, 06:37 PM
I forgot that the forum is an appreciation society (and that's totally OK) and not a club. As such it is probably not reasonable that I hold the view of wanting to restrict the drive to VW's only. If there was a VW Golf drivers club or GTI drivers club (or some such) that would have been the relm for restricting the drive to that make only.

So come one and come all to enjoy the drive:)

I would suggest that the back of the pack is the reasonable place to be for non VW's but don't want to be seen to restrict anyones free right to drive on public roads wherever they see fit.

I've got mates who have holdens, fords, a few magnas, an old corolla and a good friend drives a Hyundai Sonata, there's an exciting car! I'm sure that they'll think the day is fun too.:rolleyes:

DaveMack
28-05-2007, 01:18 AM
One of the main reasons I will be coming on this cruise is to meet fellow VWW members, admire their taste in vehicles, compare vehicles etc. and put faces to VWW forum handles.

Opened up to all who want to come, regardless of vehicle dilutes the watercooled VW experience IMHO.

That's my rant. And for what it's worth, John and Shaneth have gone to a lot of trouble to put this together and to make substantial changes to the overall objectives that they planned is rather rude. It's kinda like being invited to a theme party and then complaining that it's a Theme party.

Dr Spine
28-05-2007, 09:27 AM
No worries from me at all. I have (and continue to have) great respect for those who put in the time and effort to organise a day such as the one we've got coming up. It's going to be great!

Although I do have a good mate with a Hyundai Sonata (we tease him mercilessly about it :)) I was actually never going to suggest that he come. I was just making my point in a cheeky way. Who wants to be looking at the tail end of a Sonata instead of a Watercooled VW. Not Me!

Sorry if I ruffled any feathers:(

So to Golfer and Shaneth. Thanks so much for all you've done and are still doing. We'll have a great day no matter what.

The photo's of all those VW's will be awesome.

Golfer
28-05-2007, 10:06 AM
It's kinda like being invited to a theme party and then complaining that it's a Theme party.

You could always dress up as a watercooled Volkswagen and run along after the convoy j:

Now I'm not hard-edged on this topic. I really would love to see people on the cruise who have a passion for watercooled VW's, but unfortunately for some of them, passion and ownership do not always go hand in hand. 45set was offered a seat in DOHCDAVE's mk1 (thanks Dave) so this should no longer be an issue.

I would suggest that if you have a passion for WVW's, but don't own one yourself, there are 3 plausible courses of action, in order of preference -

1. PM or ring another member, or post on the thread, to ask if you can catch a lift with them. That way you have a guaranteed ride in a WVW for the day, and so you're guaranteed to have a good time...
2. You have the time, date and place - meet up with us all on the day, and see if you can bum a ride! We're a pretty bloody friendly bunch here, I'm almost certain you'd get more than one offer of a lift - there are plenty of people with no shotgun, and I'm pretty sure most people are keen for a chat while flying up the side of a mountain, lol...
3. If all else fails and neither of the two options above are viable (which shouldn't be the case) then turn up on the day, and by all means tag along behind Shaneth behind the pack. Please just understand and respect that we would prefer that between myself (at the front) and Shaneth (at the back of the pack) there were only WVW's. We're not going to be immature about this and say that "Just because you don't have a WVW, you can't share the same road space as us", so jump in behind the pack, enjoy the drive and the scenery, and join us for a chat at the stops and have a feed with us all at the end...

I hope this clarifies things for everyone... In the end, we're all brought together by our love of the Dub, and the fact that this is gonna be an absolute ripper of a drive!!!!!!!!!!

LESS THAN A WEEK TO GO NOW!!!!!!!!! :D

Cheers
John

KI11Z
28-05-2007, 11:02 AM
j: HOLY WAK BATMAN! ITS THIS SUNDAY! j:

Dr Spine
28-05-2007, 11:09 AM
Seriously guys - change of topic required, after all LESS THAN A WEEK TO GO NOW!!!!!!!!! :D

Definitely.
See you all this sunday. Shaneth or Golfer. Could you post (Again) later in the week the meeting time and details for the sunday morning for everyone. I'll leave Toowoomba with time to spare so will probably end up getting there early. Will be good to see again those who I already know and meet some new faces too.

DaveMack
28-05-2007, 12:43 PM
... because 30+ Watercooled VW owners are crazily cleaning and polishing their beloved cars. We should have thought of this before ... "Mr. Beattie ... we'll break the drought for you for only ... say, 5% of what you're spending on recycling water, piping, desalination, etc."

That should buy us all our dream VWs. :D

Dave

Dr Spine
28-05-2007, 02:23 PM
Mate 1% of the money being spent on recycling water would be more than enough. I'll have one of those W12 twin turbo GTI concept cars.

If Only....

shaneth
28-05-2007, 06:29 PM
6 sleeps to go. Woohoo.

BrisGTI
28-05-2007, 10:04 PM
... because 30+ Watercooled VW owners are crazily cleaning and polishing their beloved cars. We should have thought of this before ... "Mr. Beattie ... we'll break the drought for you for only ... say, 5% of what you're spending on recycling water, piping, desalination, etc."

That should buy us all our dream VWs. :D

Dave

Will see how clean the cars are by sunday, cause if it keeps raining the cars will be dirty after the car wash thursday night.

See you all there and meet some VWW members :D

shaneth
28-05-2007, 10:34 PM
On a more serious note

Disclaimer:

VWWatercooled.org.au holds no responsibility for accidents or misjudgements during this cruise.

When driving in convoy it is important that you drive safely and in a manner that shows awareness for other drivers.

Burnouts, Drifting or other dangerous driving techniques used throughout the duration of this cruise is not permitted. Anyone participating in these activities will be asked to leave. By attending this cruise you agree to these terms and conditions.

This is meant to be a fun cruise for everyone so stay safe, have a good day and enjoy the drive!

jasn78
29-05-2007, 09:01 AM
IF any1 does want to bum a lift just pm me have a spare seat:)

Spec83
29-05-2007, 12:13 PM
IF any1 does want to bum a lift just pm me have a spare seat:)

As do I - no one wants to come with me :(

KI11Z
29-05-2007, 02:13 PM
I also have a spare seat unfortunately, buming is welcome ;)

japtaxi
29-05-2007, 07:04 PM
This is meant to be a fun cruise for everyone so stay safe, have a good day and enjoy the drive!

agrees! with all these light rain, road would be a little bit unpredictable even if it appears to be dry, drive safe everyone. :cool:

DOHCDAVE
29-05-2007, 07:20 PM
Will probably need a ride, if a donation 4spd doesn't come my way by sat morning.
And i was looking so forward to this cruise in the mk1, well it'll have to be next cruise .
Sorry to the guys that were looking forward to seeing my car however rough it is.
Got till sat night to get a fill in box for. The fat lady ain't sung yet.
Dave

mean_green_mk1
29-05-2007, 08:53 PM
i think i have a spare 4speed you can borrow i'll ask the inter-ject man if we have one

gpk_gti
30-05-2007, 01:01 PM
sorry guys to bomb your thread but we have a oportunity to meet up as a east coast group.maybe on your meet you guys could discuss the possibility of it happening???maybe the start of a annual VWW meet???
http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=5721
:idea:

Eddy
31-05-2007, 05:47 PM
Hoyhoy.
The Missus & I are still in, been away & have a new computer to sort out.

golfmeup
01-06-2007, 07:40 PM
Wow , time flys and only 2 sleeps to go!!

Cant wait to meet everyone on Sunday morning and of course see all the cars together.

I will be taking plenty of pics of the day, wanted to bring a camera, but its needed at work that same day :(

Im sure someone else will have one handy.

This is gonna be a beauty!!

See you there!!

japtaxi
01-06-2007, 08:25 PM
I can bring an old spare digi cam if you want to borrow that golfmeup.

golfmeup
01-06-2007, 09:13 PM
Cheers Taxi,
I may have my hands full with my DSLR.
However I should have a passenger with me and she can do some filming!

See you there.

I have a tape (minidv) handy

mikinoz
01-06-2007, 09:38 PM
As there is no way I can join you, just want to add that my thoughts will be with Golfer and Jasmin over this weekend, and my you all cruise safely (read in to this that I have heard of enough lost $ and demerits lately) together in Jasmin's memory!

Have fun!

japtaxi
01-06-2007, 09:57 PM
I have a tape (minidv) handy

oh you meant digital video camera not ****ty stamp size vid from small digital still cam :oops:
don't have one of those, hope someone else does.

golfmeup
01-06-2007, 10:15 PM
oh you meant digital video camera not ****ty stamp size vid from small digital still cam :oops:
don't have one of those, hope someone else does.

lolz,
no worries. Im sure there will be someone with a cam.
If not mobile phones are getting better!! :)

DaveMack
01-06-2007, 11:20 PM
... and my bro is bringing his video ... we should get lotsa pics. :D

Dave

Dr Spine
01-06-2007, 11:55 PM
I'm bringing both video camera as well as a digital camera. My brother who is coming with me should be able to get some good shots to post later on.

DOHCDAVE
02-06-2007, 02:00 AM
picked up gearbox tonight in with it tomorow after work, little bit of fine tuning here and there.
And with a little bit of luck i'm there.

$:- you'll make more next week.
Trick:- is to know when and where to have some fun!.

See you all there.

Dave

gpk_gti
02-06-2007, 08:38 AM
please guys!!!!!

lots of photos!!!
no excuses otherwise all vww will be coming to bash yas!!

I will be with you guys in soul!!! have a top cruise!!

Golfer
02-06-2007, 08:51 AM
As there is no way I can join you, just want to add that my thoughts will be with Golfer and Jasmin over this weekend, and my you all cruise safely (read in to this that I have heard of enough lost $ and demerits lately) together in Jasmin's memory!

Have fun!

Thankyou Mik, I'm sure we're gonna have an absolutely awesome day, and the drive will be spectacular. Jaz would be impressed!!!

We have 31 cars confirmed - This is already a record-breaking drive day for VWW. Let's make it the most fun, the most sociable, the safest and the most PHOTOGENIC ever!!!

I just wanted to say...

1 SLEEP TO GO!!!

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeers!!!
J:DHN

Dr Spine
02-06-2007, 10:23 AM
$:- you'll make more next week.
Trick:- is to know when and where to have some fun!.

Thought that was pretty funny.......except:

Points:- Lose too many and they take away the priviledge to drive:(
Money:- But think of how much better it is in your pocket than the governments. :)
Trick:- Where and when....I COULDN'T AGREE MORE!!!! ;)

Probably not on a cruise where our visibility is so high.
It would be funny if we got pulled over en mass to get breath tested. Would make for a fantastic photo opportunity!

golfmeup
02-06-2007, 12:31 PM
see everyone 2moro!

I now have 2 passengers.
My missus invited a friend along to enjoy the ride.

Waiting for this darn weather to improve, I have been holding back on polish until tonight, not much point doing it earlier when its raining!!

( praying for sunshine)
:(

shaneth
02-06-2007, 01:38 PM
Just a Reminder, This will be in the booklet.

SEQ DRIVE DAY #3

Welcome. Thank you all for attending and supporting vwwatercooled.org. If you need to contact me (John i.e. golfer) or Shane (shaneth) you can contact us on either our mobile number 0407946037 (john) or 0433162948 (Shane) if you get lost or need to talk to either of us feel free to call. If you have a CB we will be on channel 12. Now for the boring but very important stuff. :P

Disclaimer:

VWWatercooled.org.au holds no responsibility for accidents or misjudgments during this cruise.

When driving in convoy it is important that you drive safely and in a manner that shows awareness for other drivers.

Burnouts, Drifting or other dangerous driving techniques used throughout the duration of this cruise is not permitted. Anyone participating in these activities will be asked to leave. By attending this cruise you agree to these terms and conditions.

Thank You
John & Shane

What to Bring -
Portable CB if you have one
Full tank of fuel
Snacks and drinks
Camera
Brain

Route –
1st Leg.
Here we go from Eight Mile Plains to Mt Tamborine. This drive involves a bit of everything, Little bit of Highway, Some cruising and some twisty stuff. Not a bad run providing that there is no traffic. We have found an awesome place for photos along the road that has magnificent views.
2nd Leg
From the top of Mt Tamborine to Natural Bridge. Another nice run. Be careful it is very steep going down the back of Tamborine. Also there are some one way bridges to be aware of. Hopefully another Photo op at Natural Bridge.
3rd Leg
The final run of the cruise is from Natural Bridge to Chinderah. Once again another fantastic drive, Again there are a few very steep descents, and some unexpectedly sharp corners to make this a challenging drive. Before we have fish and chips we are going to have a photo shoot on the riverbank across the road from Eddy's house, about 200m down the road from the fish and chips shop there is a really good spot for it there.

Lunch: - Fish and Chips or hamburgers at Chinderah right near Tweed River.

From here we will disperse as we feel like it and go our separate way home.

Dr Spine
02-06-2007, 06:17 PM
I volunteer to be the dag who asks:

What is the exact location within the eight mile plaing area from when we will meet and leave. I'm sure it's been said before but I can't be bothered looking through the old posts. What road is it on and is there a nearest cross road. With that info and my navman I should be seeing you all at 8:30 tomorrow morning.

bombsquad21
02-06-2007, 07:50 PM
I'm giving everyone notice my car won't be spotless, it's usually pretty clean but i'm not rubbing and spraying another $20 worth of stuff on my car to have it rain tomorrow(as the forcast suggest). I am addressing problem areas only. If I really clean it, it will most certainly rain- but only enough to create oily dirt, which will cling to the stainless lips on my rims and mess up my vr6 lip. 12 hours from now i'll be on my way to fill up. Booyeah.

shaneth
02-06-2007, 08:03 PM
I volunteer to be the dag who asks:

What is the exact location within the eight mile plaing area from when we will meet and leave. I'm sure it's been said before but I can't be bothered looking through the old posts. What road is it on and is there a nearest cross road. With that info and my navman I should be seeing you all at 8:30 tomorrow morning.

Cnr of Miles Platting Road and Holmead Rd. There is a map in the first post.

shaneth
02-06-2007, 08:29 PM
Just been told by a friend who Has a MPS6 that there is a MPS cruise on tomorrow and that they will be at Natural Arch at a similar time to us. If we are feeling energetic we could take a walk down to the falls its aparently only a couple of hundred metres (but dont quote me on that).

edit - Well guys and gals its now 8.5 hrs to go. I have just finished everyones booklets for the drive. I shall see you all bright and early in the morning :P

DaveMack
03-06-2007, 05:54 AM
Lookin' good. :D

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb56/DaveMack56/RainMap5_45.jpg

Of course ... that could all change pretty quick. But then ... it might just stay nice.

Dave

Golfer
03-06-2007, 06:04 AM
Ok guys - today's the day!!!

I'm like a 7-year-old on Christmas eve!!! Rather excited. Eddy and I are leaving down here at about 7am. Car's serviced, tyres are balanced and rotated, everything's lubed and bolted down, the interior's clean and she was given a good polish last night (hoping it won't rain of course), so I can't think of anything else that needs doing...

So that's me guys until 8:30am. I will not have a camera unfortunately, as my digital bit the dust a couple of days ago (only 4 months old) so it's been sent away for warranty claim :mad:, but it sounds like there will be plenty of cameras there anyway.

Safe arrivals everyone. I will see you all at 8:30!!!

Cheers!!!
J:DHN

DaveMack
03-06-2007, 06:06 AM
... I'll take lotsa pics of your lovely polished car. :D

Dave

DOHCDAVE
03-06-2007, 06:31 AM
2HRS LEFT AND IV'E HAD NO SLEEP.
been up all night.Just changed the gearbox, booster in mine, and fitted a pulley kit to Alex's vr6. I'm a little dirty but to excited to sleep.
Will have a shower and might go for a run down the meetin area to test drive the car.

See you there!

Dave

Golfer
03-06-2007, 05:29 PM
Great day guys!!!

Pics to come from all I hope...

jasn78
03-06-2007, 05:30 PM
Thanks to John and Shane for again organising a great day but just an idea maybe all review of the day should be on a new thread.

45set
03-06-2007, 05:35 PM
where are the pics??

i slept in today :D

DaveMack
03-06-2007, 06:35 PM
... I think a new thred for these is a good idea.

Had a fabulous and entertaining day ... very much thanks to John & Shane. It was great to meet everyone and put some faces to names (OK ... I probably won't remember all of them right off ... but it was still great and the company was terrific.) :D

Cheers,
Dave

PS ... My Bro has about 1/2 hour of video ... mainly down from Mt Tambourine through Natural Bridge to ... can't spell Mirwillumbah ... can you?) He's got to digitise it then we'll probably carve it into 5 minute blocks and load it up to You Tube ... URLs will follow.

Golfer
03-06-2007, 06:37 PM
Hey guys... A new thread has been opened for pics and post cruise discussion

http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=5826

Thanks to all who attended. Get your pics posted and show us some dub love :D

Cheeeeeeers!!!

Lams
03-06-2007, 10:46 PM
when's the next one - can't wait!!