PDA

View Full Version : New Touareg info?

jb747
13-01-2011, 07:38 AM
Has anyone heard any details of release or pricing, or even engine range for the new Touareg in OZ? In particular, will we get the 4.2 TDI?

I'm going to have to get something happening with a new car order soon, and with no info, the T is just about ruling itself out.

phaeton
13-01-2011, 11:59 AM
New one is imminent in arrival within the first half of the year.

We'll get the V6 TDI, V8 TDI and V6 petrol.

Flipper Dog
13-01-2011, 02:52 PM
News is the first boat load will arrive May and be available end June early July in dealerships. Specs "may' be available late March early April. Patrol V6's not sure about but V6 TDI will take up most of the shipment. V8 TDI may be available after July.
Prices should be less than current model but VW Australia may keep up the current price and option the new one out a bit more. Check out the New zealand VW site as a good indication on likely model make up.

Flipper Dog
13-01-2011, 02:54 PM
There will be a 1.4 TDI also. 4 Turbos, puts out 79 kW and is matched to a 9 Speed DSG.

You sure you are on the right page? 79kw won't pull much custard off a Touareg towing.

jb747
13-01-2011, 08:14 PM
V8 TDI may be available after July.
This is what I don't understand. They only need to tell us if it will or won't. I can't buy a car based on 'may'....

Prices should be less than current model but VW Australia may keep up the current price and option the new one out a bit more. Check out the New zealand VW site as a good indication on likely model make up.
I'll eat my hat if they lower prices. Although the way the Oz$ has moved they certainly should. All I really want is a very basic V8 TDI...something that I bet they will not make available. I don't want the fancy options...just the mechanical bits.

GolfAtom
14-01-2011, 05:44 AM
From what I've read on the SMH, Volkswagen is going to launch the new model in July. I wish it was before that I'm keen on one too!

jb747
14-01-2011, 10:54 AM
That's the problem. We know it's coming, in some shape or form. We can look at foreign web sites and get a lot of info. But, whilst they may not be able to supply cars until the middle of the year, there is little reason why they cannot give us prices and options/package info. The upshot is the whilst I like what I'm reading, without that info, I'm quite likely to simply place an order for the alternative...which will be custom built and delivered in the same time frame.

R36 Dreamer
17-01-2011, 02:57 PM
That's the problem. We know it's coming, in some shape or form. We can look at foreign web sites and get a lot of info. But, whilst they may not be able to supply cars until the middle of the year, there is little reason why they cannot give us prices and options/package info. The upshot is the whilst I like what I'm reading, without that info, I'm quite likely to simply place an order for the alternative...which will be custom built and delivered in the same time frame.

Agree it has been frustrating. my lease is due June, lodged interest via the website, spoke to the dealer who sold me my R36, got virtually nothing in terms of detail.

So I had little choice, given VW customer service, I bought something else - which I cant wait for! Delivery May.

Flipper Dog
17-01-2011, 04:32 PM
You are spot on there Dreamer, Volkswagen Australia need to get their finger out and start telling us what is happening with the new Touareg. It is not like it is brand new, it has been getting around Europe for almost a year now, so why the big secret?
My lease expires end of May and I can just afford about a 4 week period before I need something else, if the next boat arrival does not have what I am looking for then it's off to another manufacture.

If you are reading this Volkswagen Australia we are VERY disappointed with your communications. You look like loosing some genuine sales with your act. How about releasing spec details as a minimum so we can at least pre order.

PaulRozza
17-01-2011, 06:43 PM
I'd just like to add my two cents by concurring again with the general message here...Volkswagen Australia, lift your game, please!!! A registration of interest for a vehicle that is nearly a full year old, let alone available in 3 flavours across the ditch is ludicrous. We want details, pricing and configuration specifications...now! You can count me as another dissatisfied potential purchaser who is considering another manufacturer due to your need to generate artificial demand by creating an artificial shortage! :mad:

mooka
22-01-2011, 09:01 AM
I have just come back from NZ.
I am continually amazed that they get better choice (Scirocco) and sooner (Touareg & Amarok) than we do.
How can there market be worth more than ours..?

Anyway, my second car at the moment is a Prado set up nicely for camping and serious 4wding, was thinking about selling it for the Touareg, but really do use the 4wd often - maybe I need to try and convince the wife that we need a third "highway" car - you know, good fuel consumption, comfortable, easy to eat up the km's...

mcl
22-01-2011, 11:33 PM
Hi guys, I was under the impression that the new Touareg was to be released in April.

I drove past the wharf this afternoon and noticed a new Touareg parked amongst new model Passat's. Could be sooner than we think, but I doubt it!

I'm located in Perth, WA.

GolfAtom
24-01-2011, 06:29 AM
Touareg release date, according to SMH:
Cars of 2011 | new release cars for 2011 | Drive (http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor-news/cars-of-2011--calendar-20101224-196z4.html)

Flipper Dog
24-01-2011, 04:30 PM
New Car Calendar (http://www.carsales.com.au/advice/2011/new-car-calendar-11034)

Yet another version of 2011 new car releases......so who is right?

scheps
26-01-2011, 08:12 PM
looking at spec sheet for the NZ versions, the v8 doesnt get stop start??????

Flipper Dog
27-01-2011, 06:17 PM
The European models are the same. I believe it was directed towards the V6TDI in an effort to reduce fuel usage to around 6's/100km for some tree hugging reason are so. The V8TDI slips less then the V10TDI with more power, so win win there.

If you look at exchange rates and sales tax/GST applied to Kiwis I think we are looking at just over $100K for the V8TDI.....bargin.

jb747
28-01-2011, 11:20 PM
If you look at exchange rates and sales tax/GST applied to Kiwis I think we are looking at just over $100K for the V8TDI.....bargin.

I've done those same sums, but sadly, I'll eat my hat if it comes in anywhere near that. They'll simply say it's the replacement for the V10, and as it's 'better', charge even more for it. Anyway, 100k is my cutoff for moving to another brand. It's not the $, but if I have to pay that much, then I'd prefer a different badge.

maca
28-01-2011, 11:33 PM
There will be a 1.4 TDI also. 4 Turbos, puts out 79 kW and is matched to a 9 Speed DSG.

With 950nm torque predicted to tow an A380?

scheps
29-01-2011, 08:41 AM
Anyway, 100k is my cutoff for moving to another brand. It's not the $, but if I have to pay that much, then I'd prefer a different badge.

+1............

jb747
31-01-2011, 12:02 AM
With 950nm torque predicted to tow an A380?

I don't think 950nm would come even close to what would be needed. The party trick of towing the 747 at the Top Gear track made for some good film, but if I remember correctly, the car was loaded with ballast. The aircraft concerned has no engines, and is presumably stripped, so I'd guess at a weight of about 150,000 kgs. The French fatso would be at least twice that...empty.

maca
31-01-2011, 12:24 AM
I don't think 950nm would come even close to what would be needed. The party trick of towing the 747 at the Top Gear track made for some good film, but if I remember correctly, the car was loaded with ballast. The aircraft concerned has no engines, and is presumably stripped, so I'd guess at a weight of about 150,000 kgs. The French fatso would be at least twice that...empty.

Lol I was only poking fun at how ridiculous the idea of a 1.4L, quad-turbo set up that produces only 79kw sounds in such a heavy car. The 3.2L was gutless, I imagine the 1.4L to be completely lifeless?

Nevertheless, you're right. The V10 used in that stunt had a crapload of ballast in the back but I can't comment on what condition the plane was in.

Flipper Dog
31-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Lol I was only poking fun at how ridiculous the idea of a 1.4L, quad-turbo set up that produces only 79kw sounds in such a heavy car. The 3.2L was gutless, I imagine the 1.4L to be completely lifeless? .

Where is everyone getting the idea of a 1.4L in the Touareg? The smallest engine is the 3.0 V6 TDI 150Kw, a down tuned version of the 3.0 V6 TDI 176Kw. There is also a 3.6L FSI 206Kw petrol version, there is NO golf power plant in any Touareg at the present time thank you. :mad:

phaeton
31-01-2011, 05:44 PM
Where is everyone getting the idea of a 1.4L in the Touareg?

A dealer was being smart and posted VW are going to sell the Touareg with a 1.4 quad turbo TDI.

phaeton
03-02-2011, 07:23 AM
Some people just don't get sarcasm :-)

I wouldn't be surprised if VW did do a 1.4 quad turbo :D

scheps
06-02-2011, 06:47 PM
What do you guys think of the R line "kit"?

Transporter
06-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Looks good, if I would be ordering again, it would be on the list.

PaulRozza
08-02-2011, 09:27 PM
We have a choice of a 150TDI, a 176TDI and a V6 FSI.

Excuse my ignorance (and I know the V10 isn't coming to Oz), but where's the frick'n V8???

jb747
15-02-2011, 11:06 PM
I was in London the other day, and had a good look at one at a dealers.

Liked the look. Liked the seats. Wasn't super happy that the rear seats didn't fold totally flat, but could live with that. Seemed a nice place to be. I liked what I saw...but, no V8 TDI equals no sale. Pity.

PaulRozza....what's the source of your info? I still can't find anything on the VW site.

Flipper Dog
16-02-2011, 05:11 PM
....what's the source of your info? I still can't find anything on the VW site.

Yes and there is the problem. The dealers have been sent very "basic" information on the model line ups (again no V8 details) and some of the options which will be on offer, but the buying public again left in the dark. Also no one has been given any price details.
I have contacted VW Australia and all they can say is "the new model Volkswagen touareg is expected to be released in the 2nd half of this year, full specifications and pricing will be available closer to the release time!"

How the f**k does Volkswagen Australian expect to sell any if they won't even lets us know whats there to buy.

Flipper Dog
16-02-2011, 05:17 PM
New touareg specs for oz - Club Touareg Forums (http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f67/new-touareg-specs-for-oz-51914.html)

These details were posted on Club Touareg last week in reference to Australian specs.

jb747
17-02-2011, 01:27 PM
And if the info there is correct...no V8 TDI and reduced towing capacity. Plus sports seats in any colour you like as long as it's black.

Transporter
17-02-2011, 02:48 PM
If the towing capacity and off road capabilities are important, consider buying the current model, if any left.

jb747
17-02-2011, 04:15 PM
If the towing capacity and off road capabilities are important, consider buying the current model, if any left.

Doesn't help with the V8 TDI though....or the sports seats.

The old model is just that. I've looked in the past and decided it wasn't for me. There are non VW alternatives; although I would have preferred to get the new Treg.

Flipper Dog
17-02-2011, 04:48 PM
And if the info there is correct...no V8 TDI and reduced towing capacity. Plus sports seats in any colour you like as long as it's black.

The V8 TDI will be here by years end, just not in the initial release. The US market is claiming towing is at 7700lbs which is 3500kg and Europe/UK 3500kg with a ball limit of 140kg so I would be suprised to see them lowering the towing specs for our market.
Sports seats, not for our market. The 150Kw V6TDI will get standard seats and the other models comfort seats in a choice of 3 colours (black, beige and brown). If you are looking at the sports pack then that also included the black headlining as well as some aluminium bits not seats.

jb747
19-02-2011, 04:48 AM
The V8 TDI will be here by years end, just not in the initial release.
I guess that will give them time to invent a huge price for it....

The US market is claiming towing is at 7700lbs which is 3500kg and Europe/UK 3500kg with a ball limit of 140kg so I would be suprised to see them lowering the towing specs for our market.
140kg is an extremely light limit for a 3500 kg tow mass weight. So light as to be close to useless. Any decent caravan will exceed that...

Sports seats, not for our market. The 150Kw V6TDI will get standard seats and the other models comfort seats in a choice of 3 colours (black, beige and brown). If you are looking at the sports pack then that also included the black headlining as well as some aluminium bits not seats.
I wasn't so much interested in sports as opposed to orthopedic. The R32 seats are the best I've ever driven (and most of my cars for the past 20 years have had Recaro). Standard seats would kill me.

PaulRozza
28-03-2011, 08:31 PM
I hit my limit...and bye bye to another prospective multi-vw owner!

Waiting for information from VWA's pathetic excuse for a website, let alone pricing, let alone availability...no more!

I've gone and plonk'd the $$$ down for an X5 30d. Sure, it's prob. ~$20K more than a similarly spec'd Touareg (then again, f@#$ knows - can you see any details on the Oz site?!?!), but hey - I'm driving it as of Wednesday.

I gave up queuing at University.

harks11
30-03-2011, 01:53 PM
The issue I have is that overseas prices just dont translate to Australia. It seem just a rip off. British pricing I saw on the net had the TDI V6 at 38-41 pounds depending on the model. The V8 56.5. Allowing for freight would see most of the V6 diesels around A$65k. I know I am dreaming, but thats what it should be. I can not see why margins would be higher in Oz

Transporter
30-03-2011, 07:31 PM
The issue I have is that overseas prices just dont translate to Australia. It seem just a rip off. British pricing I saw on the net had the TDI V6 at 38-41 pounds depending on the model. The V8 56.5. Allowing for freight would see most of the V6 diesels around A$65k. I know I am dreaming, but thats what it should be. I can not see why margins would be higher in Oz

It doesn't work that way, they have a bit different economy and people pay more for some other things.

I suppose, if the Touareg would cost in China $40,000 you could say that you want to pay only $40,000 for it in here, but here is the question, what is the average income in China (or other country)? I suppose you wouldn't want to get pay like people in China, would you? ;)

Flipper Dog
30-03-2011, 07:56 PM

38 pounds = about $60 to $61 Aus at current rates which is about the same an educated guess may be.
Remember the UK market specs are a little different to what will be released here so a 176kw V6TDI may all and well work out cheaper here. Also remember the UK is only across the drink from factory so delivery cost are less and VAT is applied at an even rate not like GST then LCT with added import duties.
If you look at Germany they even sell the Touareg for more than the UK.

R36 Dreamer
31-03-2011, 10:14 AM
Just as an update, I received some full details on the specs etc for the new toureg in PDF, so it should be available from dealer now, showing more details.

I notifed the dealer I had bought another brand as I wasn't able to wait for VW to provide pricing and specs.

jb747
07-04-2011, 08:17 PM
I'm pretty close to signing on the dotted line with another brand too (and not even related to Volkswagen). Never would have looked if the info had been made available sooner. And still no info on the web site.

I guess they've got thousands of buyers who just don't mind waiting...sorry, but I don't think I can wait any longer.

Flipper Dog
08-04-2011, 05:34 PM
After the marketing guys finish working out the government's plain paper packaging gig for smokes they will be getting back to the Touareg release.
I guess someone out there could still be waiting.

idaho
09-04-2011, 09:24 PM
It seems that both Singapore and Malaysia (both RHD countries) have the new Touareg available in interesting specification levels, especially the Malaysian version. Both have bi-xenons and electric memory seats standard and the (petrol) Malaysian version also has low reduction transfer case as standard.

http://my.volkswagen.com/etc/medialib/vwcms/virtualmaster/my/models1/Touareg/touareg_dec2010/brochure.Par.0001.File.pdf/touareg_brochure.pdf

If they took out the sunroof and woodgrain and added the 100L tank that would do me fine as I am not really a diesel type of person but don't mind the occasional offroad foray. But I guess the chances of seeing that spec here are zero.

And as with other forum posters the wait for model release (considering it seems from other countries VW www sites that Aust and Indonesia are about the only countries without the new model) is becoming tiresome. Let alone ordering one and then waiting for a futher ridiculous amount of time.

I was originally very interested in a Tiguan but when they were released and it was going to be a minimum 8 month wait for a 147TSI I gave up and bought another brand 4WD that was on the showroom floor. When we bought our Golf it was in the dealer's holding yard and we had it in days. I intend to wait for the new Touareg release but have the feeling the next car isn't going to be a Touareg because I doubt VW are going to have the right spec mix available initially and I don't believe in signing up for something with basically an open ended delivery date.

phaeton
10-04-2011, 07:35 AM
I heard July release which would make a AIMS debut in Melbourne.

Spook
19-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Land Rover just released pricing and some specs info for the Evoque that is due to launch in November. November! Touareg due to launch in July and we haven't heard a peep about pricing from VGA. Does not help at all for anyone planning their purchase. No wonder people are giving up and buying something else.

Flipper Dog
19-05-2011, 05:46 PM
Yeah had a look into an Evoque the other day. If you want one with a couple of options in a specific spec then try a Jan or Feb 2012 delivery date at best, if you order now.

Agree with you about a vehicle being released in Nov can have it's pricing displayed 6 months early is something VGA need to look at.

jb747
23-05-2011, 07:57 PM
I guess they don't care, but I wonder just how many sales VAG have lost with the tactic of 'no information'? I was dead keen on a Touareg, but no information can cool any ardor.

Transporter
24-05-2011, 04:05 PM
In your case they didn't lose any sale, since you bought a Q5. :)
Which is quite decent alternative to the new Touareg, that has less ground clearance than the old one. The Q5 with 3.0L TDI must be a rocket ship. :grin:

Spook
01-07-2011, 03:01 PM
Roll up, roll up... here (http://brochures.volkswagen.com.au/Touareg/Index.aspx)is the brochure for the new Touareg.

Enjoy :smile:

Prices (plus on-roads):

150 TDI - $62,990
V6 TDI - $77,990
V6 FSI - $77,990
V6 TDI 4XMOTION - $82,990

idaho
01-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Roll up, roll up... here (http://brochures.volkswagen.com.au/Touareg/Index.aspx)is the brochure for the new Touareg.

Enjoy :smile:

Prices (plus on-roads):

150 TDI - $62,990
V6 TDI - $77,990
V6 FSI - $77,990
V6 TDI 4XMOTION - $82,990

Hmmm.

And every paint colour except white is extra. I wonder how much Xenons and the Comfort pack are?

The_Hawk
01-07-2011, 05:25 PM
Details are in the news page here:

New Touareg | VWWatercooled Australia (http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/2011/07/new-touareg/)

Options

Metallic Paint $1,500
Pearl Effect Paint $1,500
Panoramic Electric Sunroof $3000
Air Suspension System (excluding 150TDI) $5,900
Bi-xenon headlights with dynamic cornering and LED day time driving lights $3,500
Sports interior package (excluding 150TDI) $1000
Comfort Package (excluding 150TDI) $4,500
Anti-theft alarm system (150TDI) $900
Area view (150TDI) $2,500
Area view (excluding 150TDI) $1,100
20” Pikes Peak Alloy Wheels (excluding 150TDI) $ 4,900
Dynaudio 620W Premium Audio System $2,900
RNS850 Satellite Navigation System (150TDI) $ 4,900
Driver Assistance Package $5,400

idaho
02-07-2011, 02:28 PM
So as the base vehicle prices are already above the LCT threshold do we assume that the Option prices (which must be ordered with a vehicle) include LCT?

Some of the specs seem a bit underdone for the prices. Our Golf and previous Prado (neither of them top line models) both have / had one touch up / down on all windows yet on a new Touareg you cannot even have that in the Comfort pack. I would also consider that HID lights should be standard in a vehicle like this considering they are standard in a number of competing vehicles in this price range.

jb747
03-07-2011, 12:02 PM
In your case they didn't lose any sale, since you bought a Q5. :)
Which is quite decent alternative to the new Touareg, that has less ground clearance than the old one. The Q5 with 3.0L TDI must be a rocket ship. :grin:

No, the Q5 wasn't what I bought instead of the Touareg. Q5 was ordered back in March 2010, and delivered in Jan 2011, and it replaced a Toyota. It's 'her' car. The engine/drivetrain is lovely, and I was very keen to have it in my car, which made the Touareg very attractive on the initial look.

The Touareg was to be my R32 replacement. I need something with a decent tow capacity. The Q7 was certainly possible, but, like the Q5, off road capability is a tad limited. The Touareg looked to fit nicely, as it has the same drive train as the Q7, but with better off road options. We had a very good look over two at the motor show in Melbourne yesterday. Sadly, they really look to be aimed at the football mums now..just not that different to the Q5. Rear seat didn't come close to folding flat. Spare tyre...not only is it a horrid little space saver, but where do you put the tyre you just removed (as it most certainly won't fit the cavity). And whilst the towing limit is decently over 3k, the ball weight limit is only 140 kgs, which is so low as to make most caravans illegal. I'm sure it will be a nice drive, and suit many, but it isn't for me.

I've really liked the R32 and was looking forward to another VW. But, it looks like it will be a Disco 4.

Flipper Dog
03-07-2011, 04:12 PM
And whilst the towing limit is decently over 3k, the ball weight limit is only 140 kgs, which is so low as to make most caravans illegal.

Don't know where you are getting this information from, because the official weight limits are listed as braked - 3500kg, unbraked 750kg and towbar load limit 280kg. Now not as good as the last model's towbar limit of 350kg but that is twice of what you have listed.

Discovery 4 have the same weight limits with the towbar load limit listed up to 350kg however you can only go up to 150kg if the vehicle is loaded to its GVW (gross vehicle weight) and 250kg with a reduced load in the vehicle before instability and loss of control. And that is right out of the owner handbook (page 70 "Towing" - 2010 Discovery 4 Owner's handbook).

turboveedubb
03-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Went to the melbourne motorshow yesterday and took a pic of the recommended retail of the 150TDI...alas I forgot to take a pic of the 176TDI...http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/07/P1010110-1.jpg

jb747
05-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Don't know where you are getting this information from, because the official weight limits are listed as braked - 3500kg, unbraked 750kg and towbar load limit 280kg. Now not as good as the last model's towbar limit of 350kg but that is twice of what you have listed.
I got the numbers from both overseas specifications, and from a dealer (Prahan, Vic). If they've upped the numbers for Australia, then good, though sadly that doesn't fix the other issues I see (and I note that I still can't download the specs from the Australian site). Don't get me wrong, I expect that it's a lovely vehicle, but it won't work for me...but I do love that engine/gearbox.

Discovery 4 have the same weight limits with the towbar load limit listed up to 350kg however you can only go up to 150kg if the vehicle is loaded to its GVW (gross vehicle weight) and 250kg with a reduced load in the vehicle before instability and loss of control. And that is right out of the owner handbook (page 70 "Towing" - 2010 Discovery 4 Owner's handbook).
That's realistically got to be the case with any vehicle. Load it to the max, and there will be reductions elsewhere.

essay
07-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Wake up call to Jb 707, have you ever bothered to look where the spare is on the Disco? Flat tyre = very sad and dirty owner

jb747
07-07-2011, 11:57 PM
.....have you ever bothered to look where the spare is on the Disco? Flat tyre = very sad and dirty owner
Yes, I'm well aware of where it is. Getting a bit dirty...where's the issue in that?

R36 Dreamer
08-07-2011, 10:36 AM
I have changed a tyre recently, and got pretty dirty from taking the flat tyre off the car - brake dust is a killer - so getting the tyre out from under the car isn't probably a big deal - you would be dirty anyway.

phantomcamel
08-07-2011, 11:33 AM
So as the base vehicle prices are already above the LCT threshold do we assume that the Option prices (which must be ordered with a vehicle) include LCT?

Some of the specs seem a bit underdone for the prices. Our Golf and previous Prado (neither of them top line models) both have / had one touch up / down on all windows yet on a new Touareg you cannot even have that in the Comfort pack. I would also consider that HID lights should be standard in a vehicle like this considering they are standard in a number of competing vehicles in this price range. Options DO NOT include LCT!

eossia
10-07-2011, 03:33 AM
Hi Christian, any stock you have in your dealer for V6 TDI? Many thanks. BTW, any news for the launch date of the facelifted Tiguan?

Serge
27-07-2011, 04:45 PM
Hi Christian, any stock you have in your dealer for V6 TDI? Many thanks. BTW, any news for the launch date of the facelifted Tiguan?
anything in particular you are after?
tiguan end of octorber

idaho
02-08-2011, 06:06 PM

Some of the specs seem a bit underdone for the prices. Our Golf and previous Prado (neither of them top line models) both have / had one touch up / down on all windows yet on a new Touareg you cannot even have that in the Comfort pack. I would also consider that HID lights should be standard in a vehicle like this considering they are standard in a number of competing vehicles in this price range.

Options DO NOT include LCT!

Well, after going to have a look at a new Touareg it was pleasing to find that the option prices do include LCT and also that the windows are all auto up/down. So much for brochure accuracy but at least it was a conservative error.

The demo car was a v6TDI but the 550 Nm felt a bit soft on first impression. Having a similar weight petrol with 329 Nm I expected to notice a significant difference but maybe it would be more noticeable loaded when the turbo has something to spool up against. Otherwise, a very pleasant drive, especially considering I am not really a diesel convert. Yet.

idaho
05-07-2012, 03:09 PM
It looks as if the v8 TDI will be here for MY13;

Road Vehicle Descriptor (RVD1) (http://rvcs-prodweb.dot.gov.au/perl/43269_983216_RVD_29Jun2012083043.cmd)