PDA

View Full Version : Insurance - Superb Elegance Wagon

rapidattack
07-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Hey,

Pick up my new Wagon next week and have been looking at insurance premiums, ooh my they are dear!
Living in Wollongong with lock up garage, over 30 with perfect record.....cant get it under $1300.

Any ideas/suggestions about Skoda and insurance.

When I spoke with Allianz they didn't know what Skoda was! Oh oh! :confused:

Rapid

WEDEL.1
07-01-2011, 08:39 PM
Geeeeez, that a bit much.

dru
07-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Didn't happen to buy the Superb recently did you? You might qualify for their 1 year free insurance if you did, I missed out because I am under 25! (by 4 months :().

K1W1
07-01-2011, 10:23 PM
That sounds way over the top to me but I guess it's NSW pricing.
There was an insurance thread a couple of weeks ago it may be worth checking it out.
My Octavia VRS in Vic is around $600.00 (I think just under but I would have to check).

spaz74
07-01-2011, 10:34 PM
I am having a similar issue on quotes. I suppose I should point out that I want agreed value, full comprehensive and all the bells and whistles in a policy. My car is coming with all the options attached and more pushing up the price. All my recent quotes have been around the $1100 mark with a clean record and 40 yr old male. I thought I had stumbled onto something good in Budget but on closer inspection it was only for market value. Some suggestions would also be appreciated. I have checked out Youi, budget, Just Car Insurance, i-select (which so far has been the most promising- although Youi said they would match another quote), Allianz, RACV, Doors and AAMI. When I was checking about 2 months ago the policies were all around the $800-900 mark but have now shot up about $200. Are they trying to re-coupe their losses from the hail damage policies? Either way there is an obvious increase. Some good insurance company suggestions would be highly appreciated.

nik
07-01-2011, 10:45 PM
GIO tend to have lower online quotes, and they give you a discount if you do it online too.

K1W1
08-01-2011, 06:39 AM
i-select (which so far has been the most promising- although Youi said they would match another quote),

I-Select is not an insurance company they are effectively just a broker and may well be getting pricing at a different level from some of the companies that you have apparoached directly.

Scanners
08-01-2011, 07:55 AM
All I can say is just look at every insurance company via their online sites. I am with AAMI (Comprehensive) and when I had a 2004 V8 Landcruiser I saved about $350 ($950 - $600)from their phone quote to their internet quote. I had that insurance for a year and when I got the renewal, I punched the exact same details they had for me on the renewal notice back into their online site and saved another $55! I cancelled my renewal and just bought it again.

spaz74
08-01-2011, 10:04 AM
I-Select is not an insurance company they are effectively just a broker and may well be getting pricing at a different level from some of the companies that you have apparoached directly.

Yeah, I know they are only a brokerage but the two unknown insurance companies they put forward were around $900 for everything. Need to stll take a good look at their PDS though.

dru
08-01-2011, 01:45 PM
Yeah, I know they are only a brokerage but the two unknown insurance companies they put forward were around $900 for everything. Need to stll take a good look at their PDS though.

I was going to do the same thing, they quoted me quite a bit less for insurance when I was looking at quotes. The major downside was the fact that they wouldn't offer choice of repairer and I think only 1 offered a new car replacement for 24 months.

coastie
08-01-2011, 03:58 PM
We just signed today, pick up Wednesday, for a Superb sedan and was offered 12 months free insurance through Allianz and the Skoda dealership. Depending on the time when you signed etc you may be eligible ask through the dealership as they can write Allianz deals themselves. I have had VW Allianz insurance on my two VW's new for old for 3 years and only about $550/annum. I'm in my 40's but that price is way over the top.

Ozsko
08-01-2011, 06:22 PM
Allianz has mine insured so they definitely know what it is.

CanberravRS
09-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Even my V6 Superb was cheaper than that at $1032 with the NRMA, and that was that high due to a small bingle in my Jeep just before i bought the Octavia. 5yrs on claims etc..
Im surprised at that cost.

Iwishtheyweremorereliable
03-02-2011, 09:39 AM
Im picking up a Skoda today - and It comes with free comp. insurance for a year - I think this offer runs to around 22nd Feb and has been running all Jan.

Transporter
03-02-2011, 12:13 PM
It's not that good insurance (at least for us) despite it is through the Allianz, check my post in other thread. http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/f86/skoda-insurance-54305.html

SkodaK
03-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Just organising a cover note for the fast-approaching delivery day and RACV (in Victoria) have quoted me $766. That seems reasonable given the other reports here, but considering the renewal on my MY02 Verada wagon is $401 for the same standard of cover, it's quite a jump.

woofy
03-02-2011, 01:12 PM
NO offence, but an 02 Verada would be worth um....well less than 10k which will be why.

SkodaK
03-02-2011, 02:00 PM
None taken, but I've been paying this premium since I drove it off the lot as a $40K new vehicle 9 years ago. I guess as a percentage of new price the premium has always been around 1%, and since the Superb was $55K, it's premium is a lot less than that.

Iwishtheyweremorereliable
18-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Skoda Insurance - took the new Superb home 2 weeks ago - with the free Allianz insurance. I wrote an email a couple of days before delivery asking for a copy of the insurance along with a few other things relating to my rego just to make sure everything was ok for delivery.

Fine....well not quite. Picked up the car from the dealer (a sole salesman) in a dealership owned by Audi up the road. I forgot about getting a copy of the certificate, rang the Skoda dealer when I drove home just to make sure the car was insured.

Nope - they forgot about it.

The Skoda bloke quickly blamed the Audi guys and said they were too busy to arrange the insurance in time. He then rang Audi, and they suggested that until they get around to it, maybe I can just get a cover note for it. WTF!!!

I then rang the person responsible in Audi. He said I'd have to come in and sign some paperwork to get the insurance in place. I then said to him that I couldn't drive it in there to sign the form - they should come to me. The dealer (being a No1 smartarse) then said -of course you can drive it just won't be insured, besides we are just to busy to send someone to you. Needless to say I wasn't impressed and gave him a two worded response.

In short, after much BS they came over to my house the next day so that the insurance could be put in place. I really like the Skoda so far, but this dealer needs to pick up his act.

spaz74
18-02-2011, 04:17 PM
Just organising a cover note for the fast-approaching delivery day and RACV (in Victoria) have quoted me $766. That seems reasonable given the other reports here, but considering the renewal on my MY02 Verada wagon is $401 for the same standard of cover, it's quite a jump.

Just did a quote with RACV online for the TSI model. I am 40 with a perfect record and my quote was 100% more expensive than yours! They want $1503. I think, yah, I know I won't be dealing with RACV

woofy
18-02-2011, 10:24 PM
Something wrong there, I pay $900 with business use, 33 with a flawless driving record and an 08 rs and that's with racv.

rapidattack
18-03-2011, 07:38 PM
Im still dirty on this!

Why are people so unkind.

spaz74
19-03-2011, 08:29 AM
Considering the costs I mentioned before I ended up going with CGU for agreed value of $58000 at $1000. Still a bit pricey but better than the other bigger insurance companies.