PDA

View Full Version : Bluefin

Ozsko
31-12-2010, 10:58 PM
Got a Bluefin unit for my TDI Superb and it won't read the original file. I guess that means the port is "blocked", very disappointed. Anyone else experienced this yet?

Ocy_RS_TDi_Kombi
01-01-2011, 07:12 AM
Didn't/don't have that problem with my Octavia RS TDi. Once you plug it in, it should read/download the file from the car. Email the Bluefin supplier or Superchips and ask for advise. Cheers

h100vw
01-01-2011, 09:05 AM
You can't do that with all the latest ECUs some need to be opened on the bench. I believe there is a warning about this issue on the Superchips site somewhere.

Gavin

Ozsko
01-01-2011, 10:09 AM
I knew of the issue but mine was a mid 09 build so thought it would be ok. I might just have to LPG it, just more of a hassle. I am not really happy putting the ECU in the post or a couriers hands, stuff happens and if it happens to anyone it would happen to me. Just like this problem, it should work as the car was built supposedly before the new PCM's were introduced but apparently not.

Antiplastix
02-01-2011, 06:23 AM
The TDI s were encrypted from a earlier build date than the TSFI s.

Ocy_RS_TDi_Kombi
02-01-2011, 06:40 AM
My Octavia is a March 2009 build but apparently the encryption can be loaded onto the ECU at any stage by the dealer.
I got my Bluefin device from the AUS distributor and he said I would get a full refund if the download didn't work 1st time and I returned the device within x days (I cannot remember how long it was now but enough to do troubleshooting with it). Cheers

dazag
02-01-2011, 11:20 AM
Maybe have a look at this site Skoda Diesel Tuning (http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/skoda-diesel-tuning.html) - it has a new module that increases output from the stock 125kw / 350nm to 155kw / 443nm. It requires a little playing under the bonnet so if that's not your thing. Has anyone heard any problems with these piggy back systems??

Transporter
02-01-2011, 01:09 PM
I see the remap as kinder to the engine, if you have to have it. :)

Guy_H
02-01-2011, 08:06 PM
Ocy, Give Dean at Volkspower a call, he has remapped several new Occy TDI RS's & has the tool on the shelf there.

He can even arrange for a test drive in one before you buy.

Ozsko
04-01-2011, 07:09 PM
A quick up date. Blufin UK open for business at 8AM and I was on the phone at 8:01 and have been on it for about 35 minutes. Bugger email I just wanted to sort the problem and we would have been there all week. We finally got the file out of the car but no one can tell me why it refused before. The only difference was and don't laugh, none of the doors were open and no one was in the car, I doubt it was the difference but who knows. We had at least four attempts before and all got the same error. Anyway that was ok now to upload it and we got a server error, that means London right? Wrong it means the drivers were not installed in the computer and after trying most of the ports and several re-installs of the drivers we finally had success. If we had of done it by email I would have been on the OAP by the time it would have been finished. So no, the port isn't blocked and now I have to wait until they clear the backlog from over the holiday period. Nothing like a quicker motor car to make me happy.

Ocy_RS_TDi_Kombi
04-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Yep I got the server error the 1st time I connected to Superchips and ended up emailing the file thru. I got mine back the next morning. It'll be interesting to see what you think once the tune is on. Cheers

Ozsko
05-01-2011, 09:37 PM
No go, not happy Jan!! Bugger!!! I was told tonight by Blufin that this car is not tunable by them so back it goes. Nothing gives me the s**ts and this is the closest thing to nothing I have seen in a long time. What are the options now? Oettinger can do it by sending the unit to them, any others?

h100vw
05-01-2011, 09:51 PM
All tuners will need to have the ECU out and bench flash if the blufin won't work. I haven't bought the gear off Custom-Code yet but will be doing pretty soon.
Gavin

Ozsko
05-01-2011, 09:58 PM
I might leave it as I am going to order another car shortly and with any luck it might get here this year so best start now.

brad
06-01-2011, 06:59 AM
What are the options now? Oettinger can do it by sending the unit to them, any others?
GIAC or REVO? There were a few other options for Sydney based folk when I was looking 12 months back. I didn't go that way because I wanted the ability to remove/add the tune when I wanted to & prefered a handheld unit