PDA

View Full Version : Sports Suspension vs without on 77TSI?

themmc
29-12-2010, 04:41 PM
So, drove a 77TSI today. The dealer's demo car had no options and was a nice enough drive as is. As much as I like the look when the car has the Sports Pack, can anyone comment on the _driving experience_ of the sports suspension vs the normal one?

Brian916
31-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Hi,

before deciding to have a late mid life crisis and get the GTi, we drove both Golf with/without the sports pack, and the polo TSi with/without sports pack. For the roads I drive on, the sports suspension is perfectly fine, and I even took them out on a not so good 2nd class country roud - the joy of living in Canberra - and it was fine there too.

It's a little harsher than the 'soft' suspension, but not overly so. I am comparing this against the air suspension in my Discovery 4 which is suprisingly firm, but still comfortable.

I guess you need to find a dealer that has both available to drive and decide then. Our choice (MY choice) of the GTi was the ride is great, the features on the car are great, build quality is really good, and as a rev head inside, the 'flappy paddle' gear change that blips the throttle on downshifts won me over.

In the end it comes down to personal choice. Good luck deciding.

themmc
31-12-2010, 04:51 PM
Dealers in SA don't seem to have it. In the end I've ordered the Sports Pack. The car looks better and I suspect I'll enjoy the drive more (coming from a Peugeot 206GTI).

themmc
02-01-2011, 08:13 PM
What tyres does VW supply on the Boavista rims with the Sports Pack? (Just looking at what a new set would cost).