PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof leak? :(

blue_reality
13-05-2007, 09:00 AM
A couple of weeks ago there was some heavy rain and then the drivers side mat was wet, aswell as the drivers side A-pillar.

Has any body else has this experience and is there any way to fix it?

I imagine that being euro cars in snow and rain there should be ample opportunities to get this fixed but not sure where to start...

Thanks gang.

Tim
13-05-2007, 10:59 AM
in all 4 corners of the sunroof when u open it there are drains. these tend to get blocked up. From time to time it pays to blow some compressed air in there so next time youre at your mechanics or your local tyre place ask then to give it a squirt.

something similar to this
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1909676

h100vw
13-05-2007, 11:17 AM
Not only do they get blocked but the the flexy pipe comes off the stub on the shell and water gets in that way.

Try pouring a small amount of water in each drain and making sure that it winds up on the floor at each corner of the car.

Front ones drain between the door and wing can't remember exactly for the back.

Gavin

fuzion
13-05-2007, 11:51 AM
Not only do they get blocked but the the flexy pipe comes off the stub on the shell and water gets in that way.

Try pouring a small amount of water in each drain and making sure that it winds up on the floor at each corner of the car.

Front ones drain between the door and wing can't remember exactly for the back.

Gavin

if you look where you change your brake bulbs, down the bottom is where it comes out (outside if the car tho) .. u can feel it if u put ur hand underneath the bar and up a bit. has happened to me, simple case of it being blocked

gpk_gti
13-05-2007, 05:13 PM
ohh,hasnt happened to my car,but now ill check next time im at the mechs!!! keep us up to date with what happens to yours.