PDA

View Full Version : Planning of the first Polo 6R Pre-Easter Cruise.

Hail22
23-12-2010, 09:46 AM
This is a think tank everyone some of you know 3 months ago we wanted to plan a summer cruise but with weather conditions in early summer and with the headaches of shopping etc for Xmas it didn't seem as a reality.

Well i would like to put forward a think tank for a Pre-Easter Cruise since we have plenty of time this gives us the chance the research venues, locations, routes, photo locations etc.

My first idea DECCW | Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park - Facilities and activities (http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/NationalParks/parkFacilities.aspx?id=N0019)

Kurin-gai national parks are large and varied.

or simply a cruise from The CBD up the north coast to say New port beach to eat at the local watering hole.

Bring the ideas

Billecartz
23-12-2010, 09:33 PM
This is a think tank everyone some of you know 3 months ago we wanted to plan a summer cruise but with weather conditions in early summer and with the headaches of shopping etc for Xmas it didn't seem as a reality.

Well i would like to put forward a think tank for a Pre-Easter Cruise since we have plenty of time this gives us the chance the research venues, locations, routes, photo locations etc.

My first idea DECCW | Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park - Facilities and activities (http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/NationalParks/parkFacilities.aspx?id=N0019)

Kurin-gai national parks are large and varied.

or simply a cruise from The CBD up the north coast to say New port beach to eat at the local watering hole.

Bring the ideas

I am up for it, but Kuringai is only 25 mins up the road from home.

I suggest we go up the coast to The Entrance or Hunter Valley.

We should set a date asap so we make sure as people as possible can make it.

Hail22
23-12-2010, 09:39 PM
Entrance, do you like fishing? and if so you are on! :P

bigfoot
24-12-2010, 09:48 AM
wisemans ferry?

used to go up there often with the 911 club

Hail22
24-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Entranc/Wisemens ferry both sound good, and go over the barge across the river cross.

Otherwise we could go Entrance and park near the beach and go get some nice and tasty Greasy fish n Chips or Burgers depending what eater you are.

Keep slinging ideas!

matty
24-12-2010, 07:02 PM
wamby whoppers inbetween the entrance and terrigal. awsome massive burgers :) game of mini gold a forresters beach?

Buller_Scott
28-12-2010, 10:23 PM
will you accept older (9n) polos?

(dont be shy - if you want this to be 6R ONLY, then that's cool - you're leading the way for the new scene :D )

Hail22
28-12-2010, 10:43 PM
Any volkswagen will be welcome rofl its not like its a discriminate orientated cruise lol, any Dub is welcome.

Billecartz
02-01-2011, 09:59 PM
We need to set a date for this cruise, any suggestions?

Hail22
03-01-2011, 10:19 AM
March 5th (Saturday)

March 6th (Sunday)

March 12th (Saturday)

March 13th (Sunday)

Basically these will be the warmest periods before it starts getting cooler heading through Autumn, Unable to do 24th to the 28th of March as i will be down in Melbourne for the Formula 1 weekend.

Hail22
06-01-2011, 03:31 PM
So it seems like no one else has so far put interest in where to go so here it is, the first Polo 6R dub cruise will start from 200 Pennant Hills Road, Thornleigh (Caltex Petrol Station) this is a great place to meet and fill up before turning onto the F3 for the cruise up to the Entrance (pending weather and personal changes).

petrol station pennant Hills road - Google Maps (http://maps.google.com.au/maps?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=s&hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=petrol+station+pennant+Hills+road&fb=1&gl=au&hq=petrol+station+pennant+Hills+road&hnear=Sydney+New+South+Wales&ei=S1IlTe29E8WlcLDA3J0B&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&resnum=5&ved=0CAYQtgMwBA)

Google maps location.

The cruise will be set for one of the Saturdays March 5th or March 12th (depending who can or cannot make it)

most likely the cruise will need to begin fairly early to avoid traffic, to take it slow and enjoy our time at the Entrance times will be discussed later if anyone lives up that way or frequents on the F3 any advice is most welcome.

Cheers :)

noone
08-01-2011, 11:15 AM
I'll be in with the old Polo, don't forget to link this on the other Polo sections and the Cruize section...

bigfoot
31-03-2011, 09:05 AM
did this end up happening?

i've been busy racing and organising a wedding

sVWatt
31-03-2011, 10:19 AM
did this end up happening?

i've been busy racing and organising a wedding

and if it didnt - I'd love to go on one later this year - now that I have my car.

Wisemans or The Hunter would appeal to me and mine :)

GTI JOE
31-03-2011, 04:17 PM
....or Gavs Canonball Run;)

Miles Away
31-03-2011, 09:39 PM
....or Gavs Canonball Run;)

Hey you Victorians can't have all the fun, come up to Sydney.

gavs
01-04-2011, 06:52 AM
Sorry, but it is a well known fact that the victorian high country has the best driving roads on the mainland :) You sydney people always just want to be like us betterer Melbournians ;)

On a serious note, for the best cruise you can do on the mainland, have a look through the trips and meetings section, Tim from Dub Addiction has organised a couple of alpine cruises, 1000+kms of pure driving nirvana :)

GTI JOE
01-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Andele andele, Viva Es'Victoria. Sout ov he border, down Mehico wey:)