PDA

View Full Version : Will a full size spare fit in the GTI?

melbournedee
19-12-2010, 12:21 PM
One of the few reservations I have about the Polo GTi is the spacesaver spare. I had a look at one last week and the bottom of the floor in the boot seems to sit very high and looks like a full size alloy may fit. Does anyone know if a full size wheel will fit in the wheel well and if there is any option to upgrade the spare? If it does fit, what is VWs thinking in fitting the spacesaver?

vvt172
19-12-2010, 12:47 PM
One dealer said no because of the size of the rims

pologti18t
19-12-2010, 03:01 PM
One of the few reservations I have about the Polo GTi is the spacesaver spare. I had a look at one last week and the bottom of the floor in the boot seems to sit very high and looks like a full size alloy may fit. Does anyone know if a full size wheel will fit in the wheel well and if there is any option to upgrade the spare? If it does fit, what is VWs thinking in fitting the spacesaver?

Weight....

ian
19-12-2010, 04:01 PM

It should fit the diameter is the same,but it will make the floor higher by up to 8Cm

I did the same with my golf V GT