PDA

View Full Version : Technical Issues at VWWatercooled

The_Hawk
18-12-2010, 01:22 PM
All,

I'm sorry to have to report that we have experienced some technical issues, the first is a very long time. I apologise to all users for any inconvenience this outage may have caused.

To rectify the problem we have had to roll back to an older backup of our database. Initial testing seems to indicate that everything is up and running as it should be and I would appreciate hearing form anyone (post in the forum suggestions section) if you are experiencing any ongoing problems.

The downside. Sadly this has meant that we have lost the last 6 days worth of posts and private messages as well as any new accounts that were signed up during this period. I encourage everyone to re-post any information that has been lost and encourage all users who may have lost accounts to re-sign up.

To take from the Mythbusters: "Failure is always an option". While there may have been some inconvenience, we walk away from this a little older and a little wiser. Our behind the scenes processes are being reviewed which should mean we will be better equipped to deal with this sort of event, should it ever occur again.

Thanks for your patience, and Merry Dubmas to all.

Aaron
VWWatercooled Administrator

mikinoz
18-12-2010, 02:45 PM
Happens sometimes and for a forum this large to go so long without such an issue, it is a credit to you.

P.S. Don't let it happen again! :D

Preen59
18-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Ahh SSSSHHHHHIT! I posted up heaps of stuff, none that i remember well enough to write again. :(

All good dude. It happens. :)

blutopless2
20-12-2010, 07:57 AM
damn... and i posted the winning numbers for this weeks lotto!

thestu
20-12-2010, 08:07 AM
Damnnnnnnnnnnn! Lost a few threads! All good.