PDA

View Full Version : Skoda Superb Wagon vs E Series Merc (FifthGear).

CanberravRS
07-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Hey all, found this new one today of FifthGear in the UK putting the Skoda Superb Elegance 2.0TDI up against a E220D Wagon at 5000 pounds more, its no walk over for the Superb, but it shows that you have to make one hell of a step up to beat this beauty.

Oh and in Australia you have to jump to the E350 Avantgarde at $138k!!! WTF?? to match it in Euro car terms. I could have 2 V6 Superb's for one Merc!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIYs7oBUO3w&feature=player_embeddedo]

Jake02
07-12-2010, 05:34 PM
This is the same one they dragged a Volvo 850R in? I thought that was a V6? They also got a 2.0TDI company car so maybe that's what you're referring to. I love it how Johnny sums the Superb up as 'the best estate in the world' and that the name 'doesn't do the car justice'. I don't think praise could get much higher... The Fifth Gear awards are this week and I reckon it could be a car of the year award in the Skoda bag...

CanberravRS
07-12-2010, 05:41 PM
This is the same one they dragged a Volvo 850R in?

No this is a new article today! They are at the end of their time with the Superb so its time for the verdict

Jake02
07-12-2010, 05:45 PM
No this is a new article today! They are at the end of their time with the Superb so its time for the verdict

Oh! Well please forgive my idiocy then :).

CanberravRS
07-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Never idiocy Jake... ;-) im just tracking down everything Superb at the moment!