PDA

View Full Version : Did you say Scrirocco?

Hail22
03-12-2010, 10:57 PM
Volkswagen Scirocco coming to Australia (http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor-news/new-vw-scirocco-coming-to-australia-20101126-18ae7.html)

It's official, so over the bloody moon and so frigging happy.

Sorry no 5 doors this is a boy racer car...not a family hog mobil (just gotta love the 2 door only option) ;)

geoff_gti
04-12-2010, 12:59 AM
http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/f112/vw-scirocco-australia-any-golf-r-buyers-thinking-swapping-52573.html

maca
04-12-2010, 01:12 AM
If the Scirocco can be realeased with the 195kw, why wasn't the Golf R?

Buller_Scott
04-12-2010, 02:24 AM
If the Scirocco can be realeased with the 195kw, why wasn't the Golf R?

because audi have a higher spec level, which means their car will be heavier, which means it will be slower...

2.0T + a K04 turbo = well, the same sh&t.....

better de-tune the VW to make it look like a different product... hahaha.

nevermind the golf R. mr superd7ck in QLD tuned both the R and the GTI, and the GTI, for significantly less cost, was very minutely slower than the R.

get those hoes up over reefton, i dont know if the r's upper end would be needed.

but then again, according to some f4660ts, very very very very few people have ever factored egt's into tuning solutions... hjahahahahahahahahdasfhjksdalfh;adshhhaahahahahaha hahahaahahahahaha

pologti18t
04-12-2010, 07:27 AM
because audi have a higher spec level, which means their car will be heavier, which means it will be slower...

2.0T + a K04 turbo = well, the same sh&t.....

better de-tune the VW to make it look like a different product... hahaha.

nevermind the golf R. mr superd7ck in QLD tuned both the R and the GTI, and the GTI, for significantly less cost, was very minutely slower than the R.

get those hoes up over reefton, i dont know if the r's upper end would be needed.

but then again, according to some f4660ts, very very very very few people have ever factored egt's into tuning solutions... hjahahahahahahahahdasfhjksdalfh;adshhhaahahahahaha hahahaahahahahaha

Huh? Scirocco is a VW :P It's just a Golf Mk5 under the skin.
The AUDI S3 and the VW Golf R both have the same "hot weather" spec in Australia - therefore the same power. Therefore I would expect
the Scirocco to have the same power IF they bring in the R model.

FJ Steve
04-12-2010, 08:06 AM
I have to ask....why is this in the 6R area?

Hail22
04-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Just wanted to share the info as maybe some people don't go to the MK 6 Golf sub section, and there isn't a Scirocco thread.

Treza360
05-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Just wanted to share the info as maybe some people don't go to the MK 6 Golf sub section, and there isn't a Scirocco thread.
A good reason to have a look what's happening in the world of VW and the general Watercooled community.
Thread closed.
Cheers,
Trent