PDA

View Full Version : Polo GTI Pricing and Specifications Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Corey_R
26-11-2010, 10:04 AM
Hi Guys,

Here is the information you've been waiting for. Plus a little surprise here, because I didn't know they were going to bring the 3 door!

Enjoy! :)

Model:
Polo GTI 3 Door 7 speed DSG (6R19V72/11) $27,790
Polo GTI 5 Door 7 speed DSG (6R19V7/11) $28,990

Options:
Alcantara/Leatherette upholstery WL1 $1,900
Anti-theft Alarm System WDI $600
Audio Package (RCD510 & MDI) RKZ+UF6 $770
Bi-Xenon headlights WXR $1,600
Comfort Package P75 $500
Metallic / Pearl Effect Paint $500
Panoramic Electric Glass Sunroof $1700

Colors:
Candy White
Flash Red
Shadow Blue (M)
Reflex Silver (M)
Deep Black (PE)

Pricing is RRP only and does not include the extensive list of items which make up the "On Road" or "Drive Away" costs (dealer delivery, stamp duty, registration, Compulsory Third Party-insurance, Number Plates, etc). These items will vary based on dealer, state, your residence post code, your age & driving history, and the options you select.

Links:
Volkswagen.com.au Official Polo GTI Page (http://www.volkswagen.com.au/vwcms/master_public/virtualmaster/en_au/New_Cars/polo/trim_lines/Polo_GTI.html)
Volkswagen Australia Official Polo GTI Mini-Site (http://www.volkswagenaustralia.com.au/pologti/)
December 2010 Polo Brochure, including Polo GTI and Specifications (http://www.volkswagen.com.au/etc/medialib/vwcms/virtualmaster/en_au/common/my11_brochures.Par.0014.File.pdf/polo_gti_brochure.pdf)
Volkswagen.com.au Polo Price Page (http://www.volkswagen.com.au/vwcms/master_public/virtualmaster/en_au/New_Cars/polo/Pricing_and_Specifications/Pricing.html) (Inc onroads, but not options).
Polo GTI Press Release (http://www.ausmotive.com/downloads/Volkswagen/Polo-GTI-detailed-release-Nov2010.pdf)

Thanks to Lima and his site AUSmotive.com (http://www.ausmotive.com/2010/11/26/volkswagen-polo-gti-australian-pricing-and-specifications.html#more-2137) for the specs and press release PDFs.

I'll update this post when there is more information available.

noone
26-11-2010, 10:12 AM
Thanks! So it's pretty much starting at around $30k on road before options...

Interesting to see how people react.

Ralfi
26-11-2010, 10:21 AM
That's cheaper than what I expected. My biggest concern is no manual. Very curious to see how the DSG goes.

Corey_R
26-11-2010, 10:22 AM
Put it this way, it's only $800 more than the previous model, yet it includes the DSG as standard, which is normally a $2500 option....

I'm personally very (pleasantly) surprised at this price. I think others are too.
Initial reviews (such as Carsales) compared the new Polo GTI to the Mini Cooper S and said as such, the pricing could be as high as $39,900 plus onroads. The fact that it's come in at $27,790 is awesome!

walbjj
26-11-2010, 10:51 AM
Corey did u buy ur previous polo new and if so what was the breakdown in costs and options and any discounts when u bought it
And wat do u get exactly in the comfort package?

Ralfi
26-11-2010, 10:55 AM
The Comfort Package for the new Polo;
Rain sensing wipers
Automatically dimming rear-view mirror
Automatic climate control air conditioning

No mention of a cup holder in the GTI Spec/Flyer PDFs...surely they haven't overlooked it....Spotted them - 2 just in front of the gear shifter.

Corey_R
26-11-2010, 10:59 AM
Corey did u buy ur previous polo new and if so what was the breakdown in costs and options and any discounts when u bought it
And wat do u get exactly in the comfort package?
The previous Polo GTI was $26,990 (3 door and manual only). It only had three options:
Metallic Paint $500
Sunroof $1500
Leather $2500
There is no point talking about onroads because registration, ctp and stamp duty is different for each state (and even each person depending on state), number plate costs vary depending on what the customer picks and which state they're in, and dealer delivery varies on which dealer you go. So the above 4 prices are all that's important.

triode12
26-11-2010, 11:10 AM
So a sunroof is no longer an option with the new one?

Corey_R
26-11-2010, 11:28 AM
No, there is some production holdup or something for the sunroof. It's not available on any Polo yet that I'm aware of.

OilBurna
26-11-2010, 12:17 PM
very nice might have to see if I can get the missus into a five door!! I'm being a lazy bum what is in the comfort pack?

Corey_R
26-11-2010, 12:27 PM
I'm being a lazy bum what is in the comfort pack?

Yes, very lazy - since the answer is only 4 posts above yours :)

OilBurna
26-11-2010, 12:32 PM
my apologies

Comfort package
Rain sensing wipers

payno
26-11-2010, 12:34 PM
Just received an email from my dealer (WA).

She quoted the sports pack as $1500 (What does this have that the comfort pack doesn't?)

Also interestingly enough said the sunroof was $1700 and didn't mention any issues with it.

Also mentioned an April/May delivery time.

Corey_R
26-11-2010, 12:40 PM
payno, the information you have been provided is for the regular Polo and not the GTI. Please see the information in the first post of this thread.

Corey_R
26-11-2010, 12:51 PM
Thanks Dermot. I've added the sunroof to the first post. I assume the Volkswagen site are just holding off updating the information on the Sunroof option until they update for the GTI as the sunroof is still not mentioned on their options page. (http://www.volkswagen.com.au/vwcms/master_public/virtualmaster/en_au/New_Cars/polo/Combinations/features_colors.html)

Corey_R
26-11-2010, 03:18 PM
I've updated the 1st post (http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/f128/polo-gti-prices-specifications-thread-52497.html#post591057) with links to the PDFs for the specifications and press release. Thanks to Lima from AUSmotive.com (http://www.ausmotive.com/2010/11/26/volkswagen-polo-gti-australian-pricing-and-specifications.html#more-2137)

Lima
26-11-2010, 03:30 PM
I've updated the 1st post (http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/f128/polo-gti-prices-specifications-thread-52497.html#post591057) with links to the PDFs for the specifications and press release. Thanks to Lima from AUSmotive.com (http://www.ausmotive.com/2010/11/26/volkswagen-polo-gti-australian-pricing-and-specifications.html#more-2137)

No probs. I'll update that piece with 20 or so pics from VW Australia at some stage before I go to bed tonight too.

Buller_Scott
26-11-2010, 04:46 PM
hey Corey, thanks for posting that info. finally, some clarification regarding the prices of the new pog.

it's very pleasantly surprising, for anyone who at any stage had toyed with the idea of updating into a new pog gti (including myself, briefly... rather briefly, lol).

i wouldnt have been surprised if it was north of $30k RRP...

Corey_R
26-11-2010, 04:52 PM
Yeah. I was certainly expecting north of $30k RRP too :)

srt
26-11-2010, 06:46 PM
STUNNED at the price! How are they able to sell it so cheap? I am tempted to buy one dammit.

OilBurna
26-11-2010, 06:47 PM
Strong Aussie dolla?

srt
26-11-2010, 06:56 PM
Pretty short sighted if that were the case, people will be pissed off if they have to raise prices... In any case, an absolute bargain.

Lima
26-11-2010, 09:37 PM
New pics now available on AUSmotive, including a teaser of the leather/alcantara seats -> http://ausm.tv/20

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/11/VWPoloGTIAus03s-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/11/VWPoloGTIAus06s-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/11/VWPoloGTIAus02s-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/11/VWPoloGTIAus17s-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/11/VWPoloGTIAus18s-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/11/VWPoloGTIAus24s-1.jpg

aeon
26-11-2010, 11:01 PM
Damn, looks the goods... nice balance of power, fuel consumption and price! I want one (though only after a test drive)... anyone know when they might start appearing in show rooms for a test drive?

walbjj
26-11-2010, 11:11 PM
ill be heading to bill buckle next tues to take a look. really interested to see how this 7 sp dsg works out as ive never been a fan of any sequential box, in fact, my last auto car i owned was over 12 years ago. maybe auto tech has improved

payno
26-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Anyone have photos of a black one?

I really can't decide between shadow blue or black.

White looks awesome too but I think it will get dirty too easily.

hmm.

philthy
27-11-2010, 08:29 AM
Anyone have photos of a black one?

I really can't decide between shadow blue or black.

White looks awesome too but I think it will get dirty too easily.

hmm.

White should be easier to keep clean than black (black shows up road grime very quickly - for me anyway)

philthy
27-11-2010, 08:31 AM
The vinyl version of the interior looks ordinary. Cloth version looks great though :thumbup:

walbjj
27-11-2010, 10:10 AM
Vinyl? I thought it was pleather.

leasaunce
27-11-2010, 11:41 AM
suede + leather. i still prefer the old gti leather, but for what it was charging $2,500 i think that was abit too much for a pleather. they should put the same seats as the golf gti and leather styling too. oh well can't wait to see one in action!

PeterHBne
27-11-2010, 11:49 AM
So the alarm system is now optional? Bit retrograde.

The pricing looks about right. It could only ever be a grand or so more than current(?) to sell.

Cars are amazing value now. In '93 i was looking at a Pulsar SSS or the original Lancer GSR - both were $30,000 17 yrs ago when electric windows were pretty trick.

I just will never be able to do auto or dsg. I need a real clutch in my life.

Ralfi
27-11-2010, 12:26 PM
So the alarm system is now optional? Bit retrograde.

Noticed this too. I guess that's one of the sacrifices made to keep the price as low as it is. It might also bump up insurance premiums as a result?

Corey_R
27-11-2010, 01:07 PM
No. Car alarms have absolutely ZERO impact on insurance. Mainly because they're useless and ineffective. People just ignore them anyway.

The Polo GTI still comes with an electronic engine immobiliser - which is the import part.

If you want something which will lower the insurance premium, it needs to have GPS tracking.

GTI JOE
27-11-2010, 01:10 PM
Finally!!!
I just received a call from my dealer, he said that a test car should be available on monday. I placed a pre-order for the following Polo GTI 2 months ago, 3dr, candy white, comfort and audio packs, xenon lights. Dealer says his best price is $32,120 drive-away for my configuration. I am pretty sure that he can do better, what do you guys think?

Now for the wait.....how long is a piece of string, dealer will let me know in the next few days and when this car will be built :)

Fixxxer
27-11-2010, 02:01 PM
Too late, I couldn't wait for a call from the dealer on pricing and availablity of the Polo GTI any longer. I'll be stepping into a Mk5 Golf GTI hopefully by Friday. :)
I'm sure they won't be worried about losing a sale though, they'll still sell all the Polo GTIs they bring in.
Fixxxer

payno
27-11-2010, 02:33 PM
Order placed! :D

Polo GTI 5 Door
Candy White
+ Bi Xenons, Comfort Pack & Audio Pack

So very stoked right now.

walbjj
27-11-2010, 03:48 PM
No. Car alarms have absolutely ZERO impact on insurance. Mainly because they're useless and ineffective. People just ignore them anyway.

The Polo GTI still comes with an electronic engine immobiliser - which is the import part.

If you want something which will lower the insurance premium, it needs to have GPS tracking.

Not necessarily, I had Quiktrak and carcom on a few cars over the years and I found the insurance companies don't even note it down. When I made special mention and did numerous quotes with and without sat tracking, guess what? No diff in premium. I gave up on them years ago as the $350-400 odd yearly fee as well as unit cost makes it next to pointless when u factor in the risk of a new car getting stolen. Plus, sat tracking doesn't help me if I prang the car. I'm only concerned about getting it stolen and even then I'm not that attached to the car to even care, it's just the hassle of dealing with lost materials etc

reimondo
27-11-2010, 04:33 PM
Order placed! :D

Polo GTI 5 Door
Candy White
+ Bi Xenons, Comfort Pack & Audio Pack

So very stoked right now.

hi payno, how much did you quoted for that order?

As I'm also in the market for a polo gti in Perth and keen to find out what kind of prices ppl are able to get locally.

Anyone know what the ETA on when the first shipment of actual stock is coming in?

payno
27-11-2010, 04:59 PM
hi payno, how much did you quoted for that order?

Without options...
5 Door including on road costs: $32,433
3 Door including on road costs: $31,134

Including the bi xenons, comfort pack & audio pack I got it for $35,253.

Estimated delivery is April, possibly May.

Dealer is expecting a demo any day now.

Kane-St-Kane
27-11-2010, 06:30 PM
Ordered mine today too...

GTI 5 Door
Candy White
Panoramic Sunroof
Bi-Xenons
Comfort Pack
Audio Pack
Alarm System
Factory Bluetooth
GTI Door Sills
Front Window Tint

Wheels and remainder of the roof painted black.

$38,000 drive away (SA - stamp duty and Rego are $2320 plus dealer delivery).

Delivery due mid May.

walbjj
27-11-2010, 07:59 PM
$38k, holy jeebus.
and may, thats a hell of a wait. i think ill try my luck with a slightly used 3dr man golf gti.

Corey_R
27-11-2010, 10:30 PM
Not necessarily, I had Quiktrak and carcom on a few cars over the years and I found the insurance companies don't even note it down. When I made special mention and did numerous quotes with and without sat tracking, guess what? No diff in premium. I gave up on them years ago as the $350-400 odd yearly fee as well as unit cost makes it next to pointless when u factor in the risk of a new car getting stolen. Plus, sat tracking doesn't help me if I prang the car. I'm only concerned about getting it stolen and even then I'm not that attached to the car to even care, it's just the hassle of dealing with lost materials etc

Yeah - depends on the car obviously. I doubt it'd make any difference on a car this price. If you start getting to "desirable" cars (by thieves I mean) and which cost $60k and up, it can make a diff. Would also probably depend on the insurance company.

Either way. Alarms mean NOTHING!

$38k, holy jeebus.

Well, it is fully optioned and then some!

Hail22
27-11-2010, 10:42 PM
It;s a shame that the new Polo GTI didn't come with an option for different wheels (lets be honest those 17' Polo GTI wheels are a rip off from the Golf GTI stock wheels and don't do the polo justice for its new aggressive look).

Buller_Scott
27-11-2010, 11:19 PM
It;s a shame that the new Polo GTI didn't come with an option for different wheels (lets be honest those 17' Polo GTI wheels are a rip off from the Golf GTI stock wheels and don't do the polo justice for its new aggressive look).

to be honest, dude, i reckon the boavista's (the ones that come with sport pack, right?) are just BANG ON for the new shape....

the new shape is rounded, yet has an element of edge.... the big 5 spokes somehow look as though they compliment the roundness of the skirts, with just the right amount of straight lines.

damn. thanks to the kind of pricks that drive taxi's, i hate the color yellow, and yet i saw a yellow TSI with sportpack today, and it looked DAMN good.

break
28-11-2010, 12:05 AM
Well i'm certainly suprised both base models are under $30k RRP. Very competitive pricing from VW.

That said, I can't see the point of half of the options on the list (leather is the only thing I'd want). Makes a cheap car suddenly up there with the Golf GTI in terms of price.

funtastic
28-11-2010, 03:18 AM
Finally!!!
I just received a call from my dealer, he said that a test car should be available on monday. I placed a pre-order for the following Polo GTI 2 months ago, 3dr, candy white, comfort and audio packs, xenon lights. Dealer says his best price is $32,120 drive-away for my configuration. I am pretty sure that he can do better, what do you guys think?

Now for the wait.....how long is a piece of string, dealer will let me know in the next few days and when this car will be built :)

This looks like a great price...if you compare to Paynos price it seems we get burnt in WA (if you add $1200 for 5 door option its still almost 2k cheaper). Is this due to higher onroad costs?

Stoney!
28-11-2010, 05:49 AM
It may have zero affect on the proce of the premium, but a number of insurance companies wouldn't insure my $44,696 118tsi because it had no alarm.... They said because of the price of the car it needs an alarm or we won't insure it, even with an imobilizer.

Stoney!

triode12
28-11-2010, 08:21 AM
Well i'm certainly suprised both base models are under $30k RRP. Very competitive pricing from VW.

That said, I can't see the point of half of the options on the list (leather is the only thing I'd want). Makes a cheap car suddenly up there with the Golf GTI in terms of price.

The new leather seats aren't made of real leather apparently (unlike the ones in the previous model). Better to stick with the regular cloth seats and save 1900 clams.

dave_r
28-11-2010, 08:34 AM
Polo GTI 3 Door 7 speed DSG (6R19V72/11) $27,790
Bi-Xenon headlights WXR $1,600
Comfort Package P75 $500
Panoramic Electric Glass Sunroof $1700

LOL I better not let the missus see that! She really wanted a 3 door and asked why her car couldn't have a sunroof or the "cool lights like the merc had"*

The GTI with a couple options would end up about $4-5k more than the 77TSI so I'd have had to chip in the difference (not happening) but more so, I couldn't allow her to have a little car capable of upstaging my R :D I reckon these things are gonna be awesome!

*we had a decked out merc cl for a weekend so xenons are now know as the cool merc lights

to be honest, dude, i reckon the boavista's (the ones that come with sport pack, right?) are just BANG ON for the new shape....
Agree there but I'm one of the few people who HATE Denver/Detroits with a passion. The boavistas remind me of what was fitted to the Bora's oh so long ago. Maybe they had left over stock :)

Ralfi
28-11-2010, 09:35 AM
Just on the extras ect.....

1. Audio package
RCD510 touch screen radio, MP3 compatible SD card slot and 6 disc CD changer
Media Device Interface (MDI)

Not sure how much this is, but if the stock system isn't good enough (i'm happy with the stock system in the 9N, just need an Xcarlink for the iphone, which i've put off, just in case I decide to upgrade the whole car instead), a better system for just as much money as VW charge (which is plenty, like most car makers) can be had. 6 disc CD changers aren't needed these days either.

2. Alcantara/leatherette combination seat upholstery with heated front seats

I hear they're neat in the Winter, but if you park your car outside, they get very hot in the sun during the Summer. + the heated seats add weight to the car, perhaps lowering the performance. On their own, driving on your own, you may not notice the speed drop, especially if you don't drive the car without them before hand, but if you have a car full of people, it'll be noticeable (I even notice a drop in fun when i've got one passenger in my 9N Polo, & that's without heated seats).

3. Bi-xenon headlights with LED daytime driving lights

I used to be excited by this, but now I think these daytime lights are getting as annoying as those arm length tattoos you see on every second sports star..screams fad-whore to me, but that's only my 2c on that.

4. Comfort package
Rain sensing wipers

Not sure these will completely stop you from manually adjusting the wipers. VW have a nice wiper system, with many speed intervals. I reckon you'll still be adjusting them as the speed that's automatically selected via this feature may not be fast enough/slow enough for the amount of rain on your windscreen.

How do people find this feature on current models?

Is glare that bad at night that you need this feature? Comes down to the health of your own eyes. If your glasses are causing glare, your next pair may be fitted with anti glare lenses, saving you from needing this feature.

The aircon in the 9N is pretty good. Haven't missed not having a full climate controlling system.

5. 5 door version

I'd be looking at a 5 door. Mainly for the practicality (don't like moving the front seats to get people in/stuff out of the rear from my current Polo), but I find most hatches look better in 5 door (more complete a car), that a 3 door coupe.

Kane-St-Kane
28-11-2010, 10:03 AM
It's not just about functionality for me..... It's also about future-proofing my purchase.

For $500 the comfort package is a bargain.

Get fined twice for using your phone in the car and the Bluetooth pays for itself.

The Bi-Xenons will become the standard on the next GTI's VW bring in (4-5 years away), so it will ensure the car has more appeal when it's time to sell it in a few years.

Sure the stereo makes no difference to the sound but the touch screen has 'wank factor (appeal for the young kids who'll want it in 3-4 years time when it's time to sell)' and matches far better than the blue screen in a car where everything else lights up red and white.

The alarm I don't think is necessary but I believe (this will offend people but I don't really care) it screams poverty and stupidity when people go for top end options and not for the lower end ones too.

The Alcantara/Leatherette (Polyester/Pleather) pack doesn't appeal to me. This is due to the seat style downgrade.... My previous car had heated seats and they were great but Alcantara/Polyester is just cloth at the end of the day and subsequently the heaters wouldn't really be used.

Just my two cents worth....

noone
28-11-2010, 10:04 AM
Those optioned up Polo's are crazy money, I'd hate to see the resale after 2 years...

Bought the last model GTI for $20k, 2.5 years old, 10000 kms. Bargain.

dave_r
28-11-2010, 10:23 AM
3. Bi-xenon headlights with LED daytime driving lights
4. Comfort package
Rain sensing wipers
DRL's may have a purpose elsehwere in the world, but not in AU IMO, that said the biggest value here is the Xenon's. Once you've had them, you'll never go back.

Auto wipers work well, dimming mirror is nice at night and auto climate is set and forget. The missus never had any of these 3 features and thought the same initially but after 3 months of ownership, she loves them. She got excited when she realised the rear wiper flicked on/off when you put it in reverse hehe. Little items that add value to the car and make it feel like it isn't a bargain basement model.

OilBurna
28-11-2010, 10:29 AM
For $500 surely its a no brainer typically lose 50% on options but I'm sure it will help come sale time

payno
28-11-2010, 07:25 PM
we get burnt in WA. Is this due to higher onroad costs?

Bingo. WA on road costs are ridiculous.

walbjj
28-11-2010, 08:32 PM
yeah, but wa guys win when it comes to comprehensive insurance. nsw guys get raped hard

Buller_Scott
28-11-2010, 10:15 PM
Agree there but I'm one of the few people who HATE Denver/Detroits with a passion. The boavistas remind me of what was fitted to the Bora's oh so long ago. Maybe they had left over stock :)

re the 17'' denvers on the mk6 gti (the non-painted ones), they're pretty damn underwhelming.

it sort of makes me think, i wonder what VE SS would look like if they simply slapped on the wheels from the VZ...

i'd like to see a pog gti with the boavistas... i reckon it'd look real nice in an OEM+ kinda way.

pologti18t
29-11-2010, 10:17 AM
Just sent off an equiry email to out preferred suppliers and leasing company about prices on a new GTI.

From the looks of it we get the usual corp discount. $995 delivery charges, discounted price etc. So expect a 3 door, non-metallic paint for under $30K on road.

DeanoTDI
29-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Bloody good price! Wish they'd drop the price on the GTI Golf's however, i'd much prefer one of them. But these are just so much more convincing, despite their smaller size.

mini2
29-11-2010, 09:01 PM
When is this available? Hopefully they're P-plater approved so the missus can drive it :D

Corey_R
29-11-2010, 09:14 PM
I spoke to a dealer today. It seems that it's available for order. But not necessarily available to test drive at (all) dealers yet.
As for P-plater approved. I would say that there is little chance of that in many states.
Not only it this supercharged & turbocharged - but it is marketted as the "sports" variety of the Polo range. Which puts an additional mark against it being P-plater approved.

Hail22
29-11-2010, 09:15 PM
I highly doubt it, as you may know P-Platers in NSW are prohibited from driving Turbo Charged, Supercharged or highly naturally charged engines (High tune V6, V8 e.g. SSV etc) unless for emergency circumstances i highly doubt your local highway patrol will be that friendly.

mini2
30-11-2010, 10:52 AM
True, this whole thing is beyond me given my Mk5 R32 is legal for her to drive.....and probably won't help when going for the exemptions either.

Allegiance
30-11-2010, 11:30 AM
The 118TSI is legal in VIC if you get an exemption, although I also doubt it would pass (The GTI that is). I had the same problem when I was looking at buying a Golf GTI, that didn't pass. Although I can buy a Lotus Elise and that's fine :P

pologti18t
30-11-2010, 03:42 PM
Just got a quote for a white Polo Gti with comfort pack. $30K on the road.

Big savings were reduced $900 DD and $770 discount.

funtastic
30-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Just got a quote for a white Polo Gti with comfort pack. $30K on the road.

Big savings were reduced $900 DD and $770 discount.

Is that 3 door model or 5 door?

walbjj
30-11-2010, 04:20 PM
went to bill buckle, no showroom models yet. but hopefully weekend. put my name down for a test as i said i wanted to see what the dsg is like before i commit to it over the golf gti man

pologti18t
30-11-2010, 04:26 PM
Is that 3 door model or 5 door?

3 door.

In comparison I priced a white Golf GTI 3 door manual (no options). $900 DD plus $2100 discount = $39.6K

Shows what a bargain the Polo GTI is.

Kane-St-Kane
30-11-2010, 04:28 PM
I drove the GTI (3 door) on Saturday and I've got to say it was brilliant.

The DSG has far less 'lag' than in the Comfortline.

My only complaint (and it's kinda odd) is the flat bottomed steering wheel will take a bit to get used to. :P

Ralfi
30-11-2010, 06:43 PM
I drove the GTI (3 door) on Saturday and I've got to say it was brilliant.

The DSG has far less 'lag' than in the Comfortline.

My only complaint (and it's kinda odd) is the flat bottomed steering wheel will take a bit to get used to. :P
Nice. The flat bottom steering wheel just seems like it adds more leg room to me?

Allegiance
30-11-2010, 07:09 PM
Anyone know of any dealers that have one to test drive?

Kane-St-Kane
30-11-2010, 07:30 PM
I'm kinda a circus midget at 5'7 but I suppose it'll give more legroom.

Just felt weird slipping through the fingers after a turn and not being round.

Ralfi
30-11-2010, 08:22 PM
I'm kinda a circus midget at 5'7 but I suppose it'll give more legroom.

Just felt weird slipping through the fingers after a turn and not being round.

You'll get used to it.
:)

How were the paddles? Responsive enough?

jorgo
01-12-2010, 10:53 AM
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows where the new 3 door Polo GTI is made?

Thanks

Serge
01-12-2010, 11:00 AM
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows where the new 3 door Polo GTI is made?

Thanks

Both 3 door and 5 doors are made in Spain

jorgo
01-12-2010, 11:08 AM
Crap, that's annoying :(

Serge
01-12-2010, 11:11 AM
Crap, that's annoying :(
why is that?

jorgo
01-12-2010, 11:18 AM
I heard the build quality out of the Spain factory isn't as good.

Or is that not the case?

Serge
01-12-2010, 11:21 AM
I heard the build quality out of the Spain factory isn't as good.

Or is that not the case?

Well what would you prefer south africa or spain? :)

Allegiance
01-12-2010, 11:37 AM
Well what would you prefer south africa or spain? :)

Ouch :P My TSI was built in SA and seems fine....

jorgo
01-12-2010, 11:37 AM
Lol TBH I would prefer it to be built in Germany! Outside of that, I'm not really across which is the better factory, or how they stack up against German built cars in terms of quality.

jorgo
01-12-2010, 11:39 AM
I know someone who has a Mk 5 golf built in SA, and he's had absolutely no issues with it.

Anyway, sorry for the slight thread hijack!

Serge
01-12-2010, 12:34 PM
look im not saying that any factories are worse then the other ones.
Quality control at any of these factories are the same.
Unfortunately Germany can not fit so many production plants in there, hence its all around the world.

pologti18t
01-12-2010, 01:01 PM
Another test of the Polo GTI
2010 Volkswagen Polo GTI | GoAuto - Our Opinion (http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/29A0BB0A4CC6954ACA2577E700150A99)

In this they make the comment that the Polo GTI is an absolute bargain in Australia compared to the competition.

Hail22
01-12-2010, 01:10 PM
As long as it isn't built in China, South America, Korea things do look better :)

fuzion
01-12-2010, 01:32 PM
suprised corey r with his sales knowledge of every volkswagen model hasnt replied to every post with information? LOL.. had to poke a stick at this!

jorgo
01-12-2010, 01:33 PM
I was also wondering if anyone knew what tyres it comes with?

Jasonpb
01-12-2010, 01:35 PM
I was also wondering if anyone knew what tyres it comes with?

It's a lucky dip! I got one with conti's other with dunlops! I was told that's standard across the entire range.

jorgo
01-12-2010, 01:45 PM
Hmmm is there one conti and one dunlop tyre? Or are there multiple tyres from each manufacturer?

Corey_R
01-12-2010, 01:54 PM
suprised corey r with his sales knowledge of every volkswagen model hasnt replied to every post with information? LOL.. had to poke a stick at this!

I'm busy with my day job! lol

poloboy
01-12-2010, 04:19 PM
I just ordered a 3 door, black, with sunroof, bi-xenons, comfort pack and audio pack, it came to $35,820 after corporate discount.

Allegiance
01-12-2010, 05:31 PM
What's the ETA?

mgs996tt
01-12-2010, 06:52 PM
Anyone know of any dealers that have one to test drive?

Frankston VW just had one delivered today (to be used as a demo).

poloboy
01-12-2010, 09:23 PM
ETA is April-ish, to be confirmed soon

Allegiance
02-12-2010, 08:15 AM
Are there any actually available to buy now? :S

poloboy
02-12-2010, 08:48 AM
My dealer said the demos are arriving at the moment, stock for sale should arrive early January, otherwise it's order and wait

Kane-St-Kane
02-12-2010, 08:59 AM
Also... the January stock will not have many options....

IE - You could get a comfort pack, but not Bi-Xenons.

Order & wait seems the way to go :frown:

Allegiance
02-12-2010, 09:21 AM
Thats stupid, they should have some stock now, even if it's limited. Nice spec for your GTI though!

Kane-St-Kane
02-12-2010, 10:23 AM
Thats stupid, they should have some stock now, even if it's limited. Nice spec for your GTI though!

The only option I didn't go for was the Polyester/Pleather (Alcantara/Leatherette).... Purely because it's a seat style downgrade. I really wanted heated seats though having had them on my last car :(

OilBurna
02-12-2010, 10:33 AM
caradvice review

Volkswagen Polo GTI Review | Car Advice | Reviews (http://www.caradvice.com.au/93075/volkswagen-polo-gti-review/)

deepdude
02-12-2010, 01:19 PM
Hi all,

I've just got back from test driving the new Polo GTI in Sydney (awesome), and subsequently put a deposit down to hold one that the dealership had incoming. The dealer said they had 7 on the way (5 door, without any options), and out of that 7, 3 were already sold.

I need a new car asap, and I'm not after any of the options. Ralfi's post (http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/f128/polo-gti-prices-specifications-thread-52497-6.html#post591682) convinced me that they're not necessary. ;)

The dealer said if I purchased now, I'd have the car maybe mid December - which sounded great compared to some of the times you guys have been talking about, but anyway...

...the point of my post is, how much haggle room do you think there is on the price they're asking, which is:

Price: $28,990
Dealer Delivery: $2,995
CTP: $429
Stamp Duty: $960
Private Registration: $334
-------------------------
Driveaway: $33,708

Thanks guys!

Kane-St-Kane
02-12-2010, 01:54 PM
'...the point of my post is, how much haggle room do you think there is on the price they're asking, which is:

Thanks guys!

I'd probably pay the full price before they sold it to someone else....

Hail22
02-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Dealer delivery could be worked on, they could easily round that off to 2,900 that is a saving of $95, then see if there is any Polo GTI freebies you could get e.g. polo shirt, etc.

pologti18t
02-12-2010, 02:11 PM

Thanks guys!

The $2995 dealer delivery is pure profit... so hit them on that.

I just went for a test drive of a Polo GTI and thought it was great. When I came to a price there didn't seem to be any movement at all even when I mentioned corp discount. Mind you I had already got a corp discount at another dealer ($2400 less)

Hooti3
02-12-2010, 03:49 PM
I would at least want the audio pack and comfort pack.

Looks like a wait then. :(

pologti18t
02-12-2010, 04:59 PM
I would at least want the audio pack and comfort pack.

Looks like a wait then. :(

Apparently there is one or two on a ship with that spec coming in... talk to McGrath at Kirrawee.

poloboy
02-12-2010, 07:18 PM
There's generally very little room for price movement on the first lot to arrive, from what I understand they usually don't even give corporate discounts

VEEDUB69
02-12-2010, 10:18 PM
Hi all,

...the point of my post is, how much haggle room do you think there is on the price they're asking, which is:

Thanks guys!

Thats an outrageous Dealer Delivery Fee, you could carve $2K off that if you really tried. The trouble is first shipments are popular so they are harder to move on price. Think I will wait for the $28,990 driveaway (3-door) & $29,990 driveaway (5-door) specials that will no doubt come our way at some stage :cool:

payno
02-12-2010, 10:27 PM
Thats an outrageous Dealer Delivery Fee

Agreed.
Mine was $1995 and I thought that was steep.

walbjj
02-12-2010, 10:30 PM
ahhh, the old $3k carwash.
too many impatient people that have to have the latest toy. im patient andcan wait til they become more readily avail

Hail22
02-12-2010, 11:16 PM
My 77TSI had its Dealer delivery swiped off as we have bought a MKVI Golf GTI 10 months Earlier with every option on the GTI bar the Xenons for 52k ;)

You can grab at the throat of the dealer delivery.

I test drove the Polo GTI today very good vehicle i still prefer my TSI for some reason (personal opinion) as the suspension is quite stiff (don't get me wrong around the track this thing would be a lil pocket rocket from Satans baby crib).

Also off topic...have you noticed that VW have become quite lazy with the Golf range? look at the Poor Golf GTI and Golf R....go back to the MK5 GTI and R32....between the two there was a good difference that you could spot from a mile away.

All the Golf R has is the Mk5 GTI Engine with a massive turbo strapped on it...still a sexy car, just not like the favourite R32 (Thinks of the Recaros) can pick one of those babies for 30k now with 50k of kilometers.

triode12
03-12-2010, 12:27 AM
Thats an outrageous Dealer Delivery Fee, you could carve $2K off that if you really tried. The trouble is first shipments are popular so they are harder to move on price. Think I will wait for the $28,990 driveaway (3-door) & $29,990 driveaway (5-door) specials that will no doubt come our way at some stage :cool:

VW usually have driveaway specials in Jan and June.

Ralfi
03-12-2010, 09:15 AM
My biggest concern isn't really the DSG, but the harsh ride now.

If it's no worse than the current GTI, then it'll be a relief.

Though going from 16" to 17" tyres & their impact on the ride was always at the back of my mind.

Can those who have test driven the new GTI compare its' ride to the current GTI?

deepdude
03-12-2010, 09:18 AM
Can those who have test driven the new GTI compare its' ride to the current GTI?

I can't compare it to the current one, but I didn't think it was a harsh ride at all.

The dealer in the car with me, who drove it for the first time just before I did, thought it was, if anything, a bit soft!

pologti18t
03-12-2010, 09:30 AM
My biggest concern isn't really the DSG, but the harsh ride now.

If it's no worse than the current GTI, then it'll be a relief.

Though going from 16" to 17" tyres & their impact on the ride was always at the back of my mind.

I felt the ride was a tad harsher on certain bumps than my current Polo GTi (40K km on it)
Mind you it could be attributed to the Dunlop tyres on the test car. The Continentals on the old Polo Gti were known for their soft sidewalls/smooth ride

pologti18t
03-12-2010, 09:40 AM
I just got a follow-up email from Inchcape regarding a Polo GTI. After quoting a corp discount a day ago he has come back today saying the first unsold car they have will come in August 2011 and would I like to place a $1000 deposit. LOL - No.

dave_r
03-12-2010, 09:41 AM
I just got a follow-up email from Inchcape regarding a Polo GTI. After quoting a corp discount a day ago he has come back today saying the first unsold car they have will come in August 2011 and would I like to place a $1000 deposit. LOL - No.

LOL, I'll take 2

poloboy
03-12-2010, 09:51 AM
I didn't find the ride particularly harsh, never drove the last Polo GTI but it didn't feel any worse than a Mk 5 Golf GTI. It's not exactly smooth, but if you're after a smooth ride don't buy a GTI.

walbjj
03-12-2010, 10:55 AM
Having owned a s2000, evo9, and driven most jap performance cars, I doubt the gti will be harsh compared to them. My only concerns the automatic box

payno
03-12-2010, 03:54 PM
Volkswagen website has just been updated with the GTI.

vvt172
03-12-2010, 05:27 PM
I saw a new Polo GTI today with no steering wheel controls. Seemed a bit unusual. Has anyone else noticed this on a demo vehicle?

I think that the dealers will do a small corporate discount if you push then hard enough. It will be 2011 soon and if they don't sell now, they will probably have to do some deep discounting in January!

pologti18t
03-12-2010, 05:44 PM
I saw a new Polo GTI today with no steering wheel controls. Seemed a bit unusual. Has anyone else noticed this on a demo vehicle?

The one I drove has stereo controls on the steering wheel. Standard for Oz

Ralfi
03-12-2010, 05:46 PM
I'm getting hyped up for this car pretty badly. Right now, I can see me in one in a years time.

Allegiance
03-12-2010, 07:07 PM
I sat in one today, wow, what a car. Hoping to test drive one tomorrow.

Allegiance
03-12-2010, 07:20 PM
There are two cars on carsales

Red GTI (http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/bncis/details.aspx?R=9725834&__Qpb=true&Cr=0&__Ns=pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|1||pCar_RankSort_Int32 |1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&keywords=&__N=1216 1246 1252 4294962746 4294962745&SearchAction=N&silo=1011&seot=1&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=170&__sid=12A6DD4D6A0D)

White GTI (http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/bncis/details.aspx?R=9741409&__Qpb=true&Cr=1&__Ns=pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|1||pCar_RankSort_Int32 |1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&keywords=&__N=1216 1246 1252 4294962746 4294962745&SearchAction=N&silo=1011&seot=1&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=170&__sid=12A6DD4D6A0D)

Oh the battery is located in the boot!

Ralfi
03-12-2010, 07:27 PM

Red GTI (http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/bncis/details.aspx?R=9725834&__Qpb=true&Cr=0&__Ns=pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|1||pCar_RankSort_Int32 |1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&keywords=&__N=1216 1246 1252 4294962746 4294962745&SearchAction=N&silo=1011&seot=1&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=170&__sid=12A6DD4D6A0D)

White GTI (http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/bncis/details.aspx?R=9741409&__Qpb=true&Cr=1&__Ns=pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|1||pCar_RankSort_Int32 |1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&keywords=&__N=1216 1246 1252 4294962746 4294962745&SearchAction=N&silo=1011&seot=1&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=170&__sid=12A6DD4D6A0D)

With colour-coded skirts, it makes even harder to pick which colour to go with. Black is still number 1 for me (yet to see one though), but the white is much better than the red with this model imo.

payno
03-12-2010, 07:50 PM

Thank you! These are the first photos I've seen of a white 5 door!

So happy with my colour choice now.. looks amazing.

Puffy
03-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the 5 door pics... white does look nice.
Would like to see the silver.

Not sure why the dealers did not order them with the comfort pack.
For $500, I would say more people than not will want this.
It must be included in the base price but knew they could get an extra $500 out of people.

poloboy
03-12-2010, 10:28 PM
From what I understand, the dealers didn't have much of a say in what they got, they were just sent an allocation.

Puffy
03-12-2010, 10:29 PM
The brochure shows Bluetooth is an accessory.
On the pics, including carsales I can make out a phone icon on the steering wheel controls.
Can someone confirm if this is standard or an option on the GTi

Thanks

walbjj
03-12-2010, 10:45 PM
the button might be std, and u add the BT later
im actually one that wont bother with comfort pack. climate control, im not bothered, as long as it blows cold air and hot air, im fine. i can control wipers myself

pologti18t
03-12-2010, 10:49 PM
the button might be std, and u add the BT later
im actually one that wont bother with comfort pack. climate control, im not bothered, as long as it blows cold air and hot air, im fine. i can control wipers myself

I tend to agree. The standard a/c has auto temp control anyway (like the old Polo GTI) and the satin/chrome finished knobs look more stylish than the digital readout of the climate control unit.

Puffy
03-12-2010, 11:12 PM
Perhaps I was generalizing too much.
I was thinking more resale value much less than $500 if the car was not equipped compared to one that was.

I should try get one first before thinking resale value :rolleyes:

payno
03-12-2010, 11:21 PM
Anyone know how long it usually takes insurance websites to pickup new vehicles on to their systems?
None of them seem to be able to quote the GTI yet.

Serge
04-12-2010, 08:14 AM
If anybody is after a polo gti and wants it very soon, please send me a private msg. thank you

Ralfi
04-12-2010, 09:07 AM
Anyone know how long it usually takes insurance websites to pickup new vehicles on to their systems?
None of them seem to be able to quote the GTI yet.
Try Shannons. They're performance car speciallists & may have the new GTI on their list before other mobs.

They should also be the cheapest - they were, by a long shot, for my current GTI.

Can anyone confirm which Melbourne dealerships have a model ready for test driving?

Serge
04-12-2010, 09:34 AM
Can anyone confirm which Melbourne dealerships have a model ready for test driving?
we have :)

pologti18t
04-12-2010, 10:57 AM
I have rung around several dealers in Sydney today and I get the strong idea they there is actually no physical stock of cars at any dealer except for the demo model. I also wouldn't be surprised if the first customer deliveries aren't until Jan 2011.

So I was wrong... VW are silly enough to release a new model with no cars to actually deliver - lol

Hooti3
04-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Polo GTI
5dr
Metallic Black
Audio Pack
Comfort Pack

$35K

Get it in 2 weeks. On a train from Perth as we speak!

YESSSS!!!

Serge
04-12-2010, 01:50 PM
Polo GTI
5dr
Metallic Black
Audio Pack
Comfort Pack

$35K

YESSSS!!!

Congratulations!! :)

payno
04-12-2010, 02:47 PM
Polo GTI

YESSSS!!!

Say what now?

The dealers in Perth don't even have demo models at the moment!
How did you snatch one from us?

Hooti3
04-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Well it's stock bound for Sydney. It just gets to Perth first and then gets sent to us.

I was lucky. Most cars selling in Sydney are 3 doors. VWA expected more people to buy the 5 door so they brought more of them in.

Good for me.

I wasn't fussed if I got a White/Silver or Black one.

Black will look brilliant.

I drove the white one and it looked really nice.

Ralfi
04-12-2010, 04:28 PM
I drove the white one and it looked really nice.
How are the 3 different driving modes?
Sports?
Normal?
Manual?

What would be appealing (especially for daily commuters) is that if the manual/sports modes are fun enough, there's the option of normal mode (which, in my experience, there are always times, say in grid-lock, where you don't want to deal with a manual transmission).

Hooti3
04-12-2010, 04:47 PM
Normal (D Mode) is like an auto. Slick changes, no jerkiness.

Sport Mode (S Mode) is where the fun is. Paddles are excellent. Gear changes are quick.

Manual Mode (D +/- Mode) Didn't really use that. I was more interested in S and D mode as they are likely to be the ones I use most.

In D Mode, the car is much quicker to downshift to a lower gear that my Dad's Golf Wagon. It feels like a much nicer DSG.

The turn of speed is amazing. You read all the reviews and all the spec sheets, but nothing prepares you for such a "ferocious" turn of speed.

alias_vw
04-12-2010, 05:38 PM
Polo GTI
5dr
Metallic Black
Audio Pack
Comfort Pack

$35K

YESSSS!!!

Nice.

Matter of interest, what's your car's build date?

Ralfi
04-12-2010, 06:23 PM
Normal (D Mode) is like an auto. Slick changes, no jerkiness.

Sport Mode (S Mode) is where the fun is. Paddles are excellent. Gear changes are quick.

Manual Mode (D +/- Mode) Didn't really use that. I was more interested in S and D mode as they are likely to be the ones I use most.

In D Mode, the car is much quicker to downshift to a lower gear that my Dad's Golf Wagon. It feels like a much nicer DSG.

The turn of speed is amazing. You read all the reviews and all the spec sheets, but nothing prepares you for such a "ferocious" turn of speed.

Ahh so I had it wrong - thought "S" mode was the more aggressive auto mode, when in fact it's a paddle-only mode?

& you can't use D with paddles, only stick shift +/-?

So it's;

D - auto
D - semi-manual (+/- stick shift)
S - manual (paddles)

?

Hooti3
04-12-2010, 06:27 PM
You can use the paddles in S mode or you can let it shift for you. It can be an aggressive auto or a flappy paddle box.

You can use the D mode with the paddles as well. The car reverts back to normal mode if you don't use the paddles for a while.

Not too sure on the build date, haven't seen the car yet.

Ralfi
04-12-2010, 06:31 PM
You can use the paddles in S mode or you can let it shift for you. It can be an aggressive auto or a flappy paddle box.

You can use the D mode with the paddles as well. The car reverts back to normal mode if you don't use the paddles for a while.

Thanks, Hooti3.

So;

D - auto
D - semi-manual (+/- stick shift)
D - manual (paddles)
S - auto
S - semi-manual (+/- stick shift)?
S - manual (paddles)

What is the point of the +/- stick shift by the way? Is it just an alternate to using the paddles?

Hooti3
04-12-2010, 06:35 PM
Thanks, Hooti3.

So;

D - auto (Yes)
D - semi-manual (+/- stick shift) (Yes but have to move it into +/- Mode)
D - manual (paddles) (Yes, but reverts back to D when you don't use the paddles for a while)
S - auto (Yes but holds gears longer)
S - semi-manual (+/- stick shift)? No.
S - manual (paddles) (yes)

What is the point of the +/- stick shift by the way? Is it just an alternate to using the paddles?

+/- mode is exactly that. Just an alternative to paddles. I prefer the paddles myself.

leasaunce
04-12-2010, 08:24 PM
has anyone pointed out that the accelerator pedal on the VW website for the gti is like the golf gti. but in the demo car they're the same pedals as the previous gti :( anyone know if the the next batchment/shipment will get the same or different?

from VW Aust website
http://www.volkswagen.com.au/etc/medialib/vwcms/virtualmaster/en_au/new_cars/polo/model_variants/polo_gti0.Par.0009.Image.jpg/04_660x420.jpg

poloboy
04-12-2010, 08:31 PM
I admit I wasn't paying close attention, but I thought the accelerator in it looked like the one in that pic...

leasaunce
04-12-2010, 08:47 PM
By the way....The new POLO GTI TV Commercial will start airing tomorrow 5th December 2010

alias_vw
05-12-2010, 11:36 AM

It's not on your contract somewhere? If you have the VIN, I'd be interested to know where it shipped from and when it landed in Australia.

https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/

Just go to that link, plug the VIN in the "Cargo ID" field and it should give the details.

Cheers!

vvt172
06-12-2010, 07:45 PM
The driveaway prices on the discount new cars website seem to be lower than quoted by the dealers. Has anyone seen this?
$31,446 for the 3 door
$32,682 for the 5 door

Corey_R
06-12-2010, 08:02 PM
Yeah - driveaway in many Sydney dealerships is within $100 of those prices too Dermot. Though that is based on a $1995 dealer delivery. We've seen some charging $2995 for dealer delivery on the Polo GTI! eek!

prinz23
06-12-2010, 08:03 PM
Just ordered mine today...

Polo GTI 5 door
Comfort Park
Sunroof
Headlights

$35500 drive away..

Hooti3
06-12-2010, 08:07 PM
Whats the wait on that Prinz?

Hooti3
06-12-2010, 08:08 PM
Yeah - driveaway in many Sydney dealerships is within $100 of those prices too Dermot. Though that is based on a $1995 dealer delivery. We've seen some charging $2995 for dealer delivery on the Polo GTI! eek!

I'm hearing of dealerships charging $3995 Dealer delivery! Crazy rip off!

Frostee
06-12-2010, 08:19 PM
A reluctant $2495 Dealer Delivery paid at Camberwell Vic. I got some floor mats included but that took some effort!

Corey_R
06-12-2010, 08:30 PM
I'm hearing of dealerships charging $3995 Dealer delivery! Crazy rip off!

I've heard $3995 on Golf GTI's, but not Polo GTI's!

Kane-St-Kane
07-12-2010, 06:09 AM
A reluctant $2495 Dealer Delivery paid at Camberwell Vic. I got some floor mats included but that took some effort!

Carpet mats are standard in the Polo GTI. I'd call them and demand something else considering they lied.

poloboy
07-12-2010, 06:30 AM
Frostee: who did you see at Camberwell?

Hooti3
07-12-2010, 07:01 AM
I've heard $3995 on Golf GTI's, but not Polo GTI's!

Dealers are now classing them in the same category.

prinz23
07-12-2010, 07:49 AM
Whats the wait on that Prinz?

The dealer said around april-may.. so the same time everyone else is waiting... :( too long!

Corey_R
07-12-2010, 08:11 AM
I updated the first post (http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/f128/polo-gti-prices-specifications-thread-52497.html) with links to all the official pages and brochures for the new Polo GTI.

fuzion
07-12-2010, 09:18 AM
We test drove one on Sunday.. (gti)

Very refined, felt nice to drive and went quite well. Disappointing only DSG though! Interior was nice but it also felt a bit thin at the same time..

Frostee
07-12-2010, 12:45 PM
I dealt with Julian at Camberwell

madsumberohat
07-12-2010, 11:02 PM
Gday all First timer here.

Seriously looking at the polo.

No i haven't settled yet on which one to get .

Could get the 77 TSI comfortline and spec it .
Nothing wild might get the comfort pack mostly cause im lazy but i do like the knobs over the LCD screen for the air con hmmm.
DSG and the sports package mostly cause i hear just worth it for just the rims. @ $24350 (no on roads and all prices are not on roads)

OR

Just lump the 5 grand odd extra and get the GTI version with comfort package also @ $29490.
wouldn't mind added the bi xenons also ($31090), and will have to look at the sunroof to see if it doesn't make the car look BAD.

hard choice because yes IT'S a GTI but IT'S ALSO 5 GRAND+ more that need to pay back lol.

Am leasing through work *work for salary packaging company god bless* so will get it without gst :D and get the discount due to the buying power blah blah so should be round that price on the road i hope.

Any advise you guys can give as i bow to your wisdom.

Private messages are welcome if helpful

walbjj
07-12-2010, 11:07 PM
well from all accounts, with what u want, the polo gti will be about $33-35k drive away, if its leased, then over a 5 year lease, it will be..what? $400 a month. $100 a week doesnt seem that bad

pologti18t
08-12-2010, 09:18 AM
well from all accounts, with what u want, the polo gti will be about $33-35k drive away, if its leased, then over a 5 year lease, it will be..what? $400 a month. $100 a week doesnt seem that bad

Not sure where you got $400/month.

Business Car Leasing & Corporate Fleet Management | LeasePlan Australia (http://www.leaseplan.com.au/home/corporate-customers/affordability-calculator.php)

madsumberohat
08-12-2010, 10:02 AM
more like double ish
be about 800 a month but thats fully maintained with servicing, fuel card etc all bundled in using my pre tax income :D

*take that tax man "evil laugher"*

not that fussed concidering a "green loan" *yes the GTI does count as green due to CO2 and petrol usage* would caost me about 300 ish a fortnight anyways, but thats apid fully out of my after tax pay. Residual was low $5000 which can live with in 5 years.

had to add this pic of a POLO GTI in the blue i think looks hot to me. have to figure out how to link it as cant drop it in

walbjj
08-12-2010, 10:36 AM
$800? Then again ur plan includes servicing and fuel card. With the cars that I have leased or hire purchased in the past, s2000, evo9. Both were purchased new. At far higher initial cost and the monthly repayment were both around $700, then again I'm not sure wat the current interest rate is now. But a mate isonly paying $700 for an evo9, bought for $58k. I would think that $35k would be much lower than $800

madsumberohat
08-12-2010, 11:11 AM
they are vague prices based on over inflated assumptions.

I will post true cost when get a full Quote. Then ill post here for judgement

Links of that colour was talking about:

this one is ok guess be the harshness of sunlight not sure.

http://cdn.getauto.com/photos/0/19040/1c/WVWEV7AJ0BW048959-1c.jpg

This is better though I want this bad but i think its stage lights talking not sure.

http://cdn.wn.com/pd/23/cc/c9e3956a608cf1b2a91bcf2cd35c_grande.jpg

PhillipAudiDealer
08-12-2010, 11:42 AM
Carpet mats are standard in the Polo GTI. I'd call them and demand something else considering they lied.

Not sure if mats come with the new GTI to be honest. Our Demo did not have any when she arrived..

Hooti3
08-12-2010, 12:00 PM
I have been told they are standard by the dealer. The demo I drove in had mats and it was the stock standard car. The brochure with specs also lists is as "S" for standard.

pologti18t
08-12-2010, 12:17 PM
I am not sure where people get their repayment values from - "a friend told me..." Of course they are going to unquote what they actually pay per month :)

Try this calculator.

Car Finance Calculator (Repayments Calculator) - Car Finance - Stratton Finance Australia (http://www.strattonfinance.com.au/car-finance/calculators-tools/repayments-calculator.aspx)

Looks like 9% is the going rate.

32000 over 5yrs with a 36% residual is approx $500/mth. Pay the full amount out at it heads towards $700/mth

madsumberohat
08-12-2010, 01:38 PM
Looks like 9% is the going rate.

32000 over 5yrs with a 36% residual is approx $500/mth. Pay the full amount out at it heads towards $700/mth

Sounds right
Not sure that is just car payments mind fully maintained so got about $200 of petrol in there too lol plus insurance, servicing etc

pologti18t
08-12-2010, 02:37 PM
Sounds right
Not sure that is just car payments mind fully maintained so got about $200 of petrol in there too lol plus insurance, servicing etc

That's the finance portion alone. A fully maintained novated lease would be much higher (prob 900+/mth). Though that depends on the KMs you drive.

Corey_R
08-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Alright guys. This thread isn't an educational place on how to figure out lease plans. It's a thread on the Polo GTI prices. Repayments for lease plans will vary depending on individual needs, circumstances and conditions. So lets leave it at that. Cheers.

madsumberohat
08-12-2010, 03:22 PM
sorry about that just replying

Hooti3
08-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Well we have 6 Polo GTI available for immediate delivery......

Specs?

Not for me, but I'm sure others would like to know.

Guest1306
08-12-2010, 06:10 PM
3 & 5 Door, all Red with no options. None of the launch cars had any options on them for some reason. We had a Black & a White also, but both have been sold and delivered.

Hooti3
08-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Black and White Will be the most popular by the sounds of it.

BTW..new sig :p

madsumberohat
08-12-2010, 09:50 PM
nice sig.

Test drove a 77 TSI Spack with the pleather seat MEH on the seats but the heat function was AWESOME i had a hot butt in under a minute.

Going to have a crack at the GTI on saturday trying to scope out a dealer in melbourne with a 5 door to compare with the 5 door 77 tsi spack drove today

PeterHBne
09-12-2010, 05:23 AM

I can't believe they STILL do that and get away with it. Others had the same experience with prev model. I think some people even paid for theirs :facepalm:

madsumberohat
09-12-2010, 11:31 AM
that sucks

see if get the Audio package out of them for free with words like "Fair Trade complaint" etc :P

Might make their A hole tighten a bit lol

might get more if you push a touch, cause well seems illegal to charge you for something that comes in the RRP

side note:

Hey just on pricing of polo's. Went had a look at the A1 like a week back, and the sales guy told me that Audi for the A1 will GIVE YOU (read free) the servicing for the warrenty period as well as the road side asist you get with the polo's warrenty. Might be something to bring up when asking for the drive away price/deal on your polo,GTI or other. might get to sneak in a good deal like Hails got but might get free servicing instead of the capped. MAYBE.

topstuff
18-12-2010, 02:11 PM
Hi prinz23, which dealer did you get this from? I am after the exact setup. :D
What colour did u get?
Thanks
Sam

topstuff
18-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Just wandering if the $500 metallic perl effect paint is worth it? Any obvious pics to compare?
Thanks
Sam

leasaunce
18-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Just wandering if the $500 metallic perl effect paint is worth it? Any obvious pics to compare?
Thanks
Sam

yes. its more like stardust sparkles you see on the paint. rather than a solid red or white.

vvt172
19-12-2010, 12:49 PM
I think options may affect private resales but I think that if you were trading your car in, then the options probably don't give you a better price. What do other people think?

walbjj
19-12-2010, 01:43 PM
I think options may affect private resales but I think that if you were trading your car in, then the options probably don't give you a better price. What do other people think?

I think that the history of second hand car sales has shown that options don't affect resale prices as much as they do new car prices. The polo gti won't buck this trend. Sure there might be 1 or 2 buyers that only want specifics when looking at a used car but really, it's not enough to lose sleep over a few hundred bucks

vvt172
20-12-2010, 10:59 AM
I think that the history of second hand car sales has shown that options don't affect resale prices as much as they do new car prices. The polo gti won't buck this trend. Sure there might be 1 or 2 buyers that only want specifics when looking at a used car but really, it's not enough to lose sleep over a few hundred bucks

Agreed. Which is why options like comfort packs are a waste of money. Plus, changing the windscreen if you get a chip or crack would cost you a bomb because of the light and rain sensor!

Flighter
20-12-2010, 11:14 AM
Agreed. Which is why options like comfort packs are a waste of money. Plus, changing the windscreen if you get a chip or crack would cost you a bomb because of the light and rain sensor!

Is the windscreen somehow special, or is it just that there is a sensor behind it? I assumed it was the former.

shauno
20-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Agreed. Which is why options like comfort packs are a waste of money.

If you're choosing your options based on resale value, you're doing it wrong :)

Auto lights/wipers/etc are pretty handy, something you just get used to having - which makes it hard to change to a car without them... and for $500, it's a reasonably cheap option....

... unlike Xenon's, which are ~$1600 - and again something now that I'm used to, I'd never want to buy a car without.

Although I can't see automagic lights listed on the Polo spec sheet - can anyone confirm if they're standard?

dave_r
20-12-2010, 12:19 PM
Agreed. Which is why options like comfort packs are a waste of money.
That is stupid logic! You buy a new car because you get to buy exactly what you want, including options.

You don't choose options for specific resale as they rarely add much more value come sale time anyway, rather because you want them.

FJ Steve
20-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Although I can't see automagic lights listed on the Polo spec sheet - can anyone confirm if they're standard?no..not a standard feature.

Corey_R
20-12-2010, 01:29 PM
That is stupid logic! You buy a new car because you get to buy exactly what you want, including options.

You don't choose options for specific resale as they rarely add much more value come sale time anyway, rather because you want them.

I couldn't agree more dave_r. To me there is absolutely 0 point in getting a brand new car if you aren't ordering EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT! Otherwise you may as well save thousands by getting a ~six month old <10,000km car which someone else bought new and had to hand back due to changing circumstances (loan defaults, moved overseas, got preggas, whatever).

Kane-St-Kane
20-12-2010, 02:37 PM
I know the majority seem to be banging on about options not worth a pinch when you trade your car in/sell it in 3/4/5 years time *BUT*.....

Some things like the 'Comfort pack' will be standard in 3/4/5 years time and might not make a difference in value (apparently) but when there's 20 Polo's for sale for the same amount of $$$$ and one has climate/auto wipers.... I know which one people will want and it isn't poverty-pack air-con.

Just sayin'.

pologti18t
20-12-2010, 04:06 PM
I
Some things like the 'Comfort pack' will be standard in 3/4/5 years time and might not make a difference in value (apparently) but when there's 20 Polo's for sale for the same amount of $$$$ and one has climate/auto wipers.... I know which one people will want and it isn't poverty-pack air-con.

Just sayin'.

Except the "standard" A/C in the Polo GTI isn't povo-spec. It's the climatic version. So you set and forget the temp. You just adjust the fan speed and direction. Again, some Golf 6 GTI owners seem to dislike the climatronic in their cars... they seem to think it has a mind of its own (which i suppose it does -lol) adjusting the fan speed radically.
Personally I think the nice satin/chrome finish on the knobs looks better than the climatronic version.

The auto-wipers seem to be a point of complaint on the Golf V/VI forums for whatever reason. I had them on my 1998 Peugeot 306 and they seemed to work ok to me.

The auto dimming mirror is a nice to have. I wonder if you can get that as an aftermarket spare?

The major options that will probably nett you something down the track (for the right buyer) are the suede seats, xenons and touch screen radio.... all are blatantly obvious to someone looking at the car to buy.
Sunroof = like a house with a pool... some will love it..others wouldn't touch it with a barge-pole.

Does anyone have pics of the optional carbon fibre exterior mirror shells? Its listed as an Oz accessory

poloboy
20-12-2010, 08:27 PM
The standard A/C goes full manual in the 2011.5 changes

shauno
20-12-2010, 10:39 PM
The standard A/C goes full manual in the 2011.5 changes
Cool - how do you know this?
and is there a list of other changes? I'd like to know in case I place an order for a July-2011 build!

I've got a list of the MkV Golf changes somewhere, facinating how many little things get changed every 6 months or so...

poloboy
21-12-2010, 08:00 AM
http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/f128/volkswagen-polo-model-year-my-2011-5-changes-51637.html

shauno
22-12-2010, 03:33 PM
Has anyone purchased the extended warranty with their Polo GTI? If so, what are the prices like?

pologti18t
22-12-2010, 05:00 PM
I was offered it at a reduced rate if I took out VW Finance.

deepdude
22-12-2010, 05:47 PM
I was offered... and also told that I could purchase it a few days before the 3 years run out if I wanted to.

So I'm going to wait for another 2 years 11 months before deciding.

shauno
22-12-2010, 06:47 PM
I was hoping it'd be discountable if purchased upfront.

Not much of a negotiating position if your warranty is about to expire...

Does anyone know what RRP is for the extra 2 years?

Hooti3
22-12-2010, 08:46 PM
After a few delays in getting my car, I have received notification that I can pick up my car this Friday!

YES!!!

Looking forward to it.

Good Christmas Present!

Ralfi
22-12-2010, 10:19 PM
After a few delays in getting my car, I have received notification that I can pick up my car this Friday!

YES!!!

Looking forward to it.

Good Christmas Present!
Wow. Great present for sure! Photos ASAP! You must've ordered it ages ago, considering the wait others have been told of?

Hooti3
23-12-2010, 07:15 AM
3 weeks :p

haha

Was supposed to pick it up last Saturday, but delays getting the car to the dealer.

dave_r
23-12-2010, 08:48 AM
Went and took one for a drive last night, not impressed. I joked around before the drive saying I'd probably come back in asking for the changeover figure from the 77TSI.

I would have thought they'd improve the steering for a GTI but its just DEAD. Zero feedback at all, combined with too much power for the front wheels and its just all over the place. Said lots of people would save some money and get a Polo GTI over the Golf GTI but I take that back.

Visually there isn't that much difference (infact the Boavistas look 11ty times better than denver/detroits) and the only interior feature that the 77TSI misses out on is the nicer steering wheel with paddles and MFD controls.

A few people said they wished they'd waited for the GTI after buying a 77TSI, I bet if they went and drove one, they'd reconsider that comment. I don't see the GTI being worth another $5-6k!

Billecartz
23-12-2010, 09:23 AM
Went and took one for a drive last night, not impressed. I joked around before the drive saying I'd probably come back in asking for the changeover figure from the 77TSI.

I would have thought they'd improve the steering for a GTI but its just DEAD. Zero feedback at all, combined with too much power for the front wheels and its just all over the place. Said lots of people would save some money and get a Polo GTI over the Golf GTI but I take that back.

Visually there isn't that much difference (infact the Boavistas look 11ty times better than denver/detroits) and the only interior feature that the 77TSI misses out on is the nicer steering wheel with paddles and MFD controls.

A few people said they wished they'd waited for the GTI after buying a 77TSI, I bet if they went and drove one, they'd reconsider that comment. I don't see the GTI being worth another $5-6k!

I agree with you! I have looked at and driven the Polo GTI and our 77TSI is a great car. I was really disappointed to see a really basic spec model with what amounts to a bigger engine and better steering wheel. Our car has all options and it is a much nicer place to be than the GTI, to spec a GTI to our level would probably cost 10K more.

The GTI wheels look old and tired, VW needs to come up with a new fresh GTI design wheel.

I am very interested if they bring out an "R" version, it would tick all the boxes for me.

Hooti3
29-12-2010, 07:56 PM
As promised.

Here is just a teaser of photos to come.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/12/Joe_Polo_GTI021copycopy1-1.jpg

Taken by a good friend of mine on a cruise yesterday.

Enjoy.

shauno
30-12-2010, 07:46 AM
Very nice, DBP rolling shot looks awesome :)

I went to CCC yesterday & had my first look at the new PoGo - they had a stock 5-door CW demonstrator. Exterior looks good in the metal, would have been nice to see how the Xenon's + DRL's look though. Interior is much nicer than the old Polo, feels a little bigger too - but still feels slightly cramped compared to the MkV Golf. Back seat is surprisingly good, considering the size. The boot is a bit disappointing, all that space wasted by the spare - compared to the 'normal' polo, which had an extra boot layer.

I took it for a drive for about 15 minutes - the 1.4 engine w/ 7-speed would take some getting used to, totally different power band & gearing to my MkV. I'd love to see what it's like once it's chipped though! Engine note wasn't too bad, though I'd like the exhaust note a little louder. Handling was a little lighter than I'd like, doesn't feel as planted as the Golf. Interesting to see the tyres are 215/40/R17's, so narrower & lower profile than the Golf 17's - makes sense if you think about it (but I hadn't thought about it!)

I've asked for a price for a 5-door CW with Comfort/audio/Xenon's - they couldn't match my target price on the spot, so were going to get back to me today. When they offer a price, I'll post it in this thread.

I'm still undecided - maybe stretch to a new-ish Mk6 GTI, or an A3 Sportback 1.8T. The Polo GTI is excellent value for money though! I was *this* close to putting down a deposit...

If there's a chipped 6R GTI w/ rear sway bar around, I'd love to have a ride & see if that solves my minor issues :)

Hail22
30-12-2010, 10:13 AM
Very nice, DBP rolling shot looks awesome :)

I went to CCC yesterday & had my first look at the new PoGo - they had a stock 5-door CW demonstrator. Exterior looks good in the metal, would have been nice to see how the Xenon's + DRL's look though. Interior is much nicer than the old Polo, feels a little bigger too - but still feels slightly cramped compared to the MkV Golf. Back seat is surprisingly good, considering the size. The boot is a bit disappointing, all that space wasted by the spare - compared to the 'normal' polo, which had an extra boot layer.

I took it for a drive for about 15 minutes - the 1.4 engine w/ 7-speed would take some getting used to, totally different power band & gearing to my MkV. I'd love to see what it's like once it's chipped though! Engine note wasn't too bad, though I'd like the exhaust note a little louder. Handling was a little lighter than I'd like, doesn't feel as planted as the Golf. Interesting to see the tyres are 215/40/R17's, so narrower & lower profile than the Golf 17's - makes sense if you think about it (but I hadn't thought about it!)

I've asked for a price for a 5-door CW with Comfort/audio/Xenon's - they couldn't match my target price on the spot, so were going to get back to me today. When they offer a price, I'll post it in this thread.

I'm still undecided - maybe stretch to a new-ish Mk6 GTI, or an A3 Sportback 1.8T. The Polo GTI is excellent value for money though! I was *this* close to putting down a deposit...

If there's a chipped 6R GTI w/ rear sway bar around, I'd love to have a ride & see if that solves my minor issues :)

Howdy Shauno have a chat with Tony Grgic at CCC he is the Sales Manager there and is able to stretch your dollar further, he will look after you as long as you know about cars and motor bikes as he owns a Harley Davidson Night Rod...sexyyyyyyyyy.

Goodluck :)

shauno
30-12-2010, 10:31 AM
Howdy Shauno have a chat with Tony Grgic at CCC he is the Sales Manager there and is able to stretch your dollar further, he will look after you as long as you know about cars and motor bikes as he owns a Harley Davidson Night Rod...sexyyyyyyyyy.

Goodluck :)

Thanks for the tip... I've been dealing with Moe, and I've given him a target price based on what others have paid for a similar spec. Even if they agree to the price, I still need to decide which car to get!

pologti18t
30-12-2010, 11:25 AM
Anyone after a white 3 door Polo GTI should probably give Barloworld Mascot a call. I just cancelled my order and it's in their holding yard.

Kane-St-Kane
30-12-2010, 01:47 PM
Anyone after a white 3 door Polo GTI should probably give Barloworld Mascot a call. I just cancelled my order and it's in their holding yard.

What options does it have?

pologti18t
30-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Why did you cancel? Did you not like the car?

Change in circumstances/priorities I suppose is the best way to put it.
Love the car :)

The dealer was very accommodating and refunded the deposit no questions asked (which they didn't have to do legally).
I am sure they will have no problems selling it.

Kane: It was a base spec 3 door white, but the dealer was throwing in the RCD510 upgrade for nothing.

The white/red three doors are definitely the best looking. Add some dark tinting and they really look stylish.

JaneAusten
31-12-2010, 03:14 PM
Just bought a POLO GTI 3 DOOR in BLACK for $30900. Has audio pack and... a first aid kit. ETA is 31/1/2011, the ship is docking in Brisbane on the 13th so could be earlier!

walbjj
31-12-2010, 04:11 PM
I just Want to know when the first led headlight versions will land

leasaunce
01-01-2011, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by vvt172 View Post

they don't cost more. they're the same price (some might charge a tad more). but its only a matter of having the space to put it on the windscreen glass (different layout)

Is the windscreen somehow special, or is it just that there is a sensor behind it? I assumed it was the former.

the sensor sits on the glass (inside obviously), but they stick on just like the rear mirror.

MYGTI'
03-01-2011, 02:39 PM
Hi all i'm new to this forum, ordered a black 3 door Polo GTI 3 weeks back with the following options:
-Pearlescent paint
-Panaramic sunroof
-Bi-Xenon Headlights
-Audio Package
-Comfort Package
-Bluetooth
-Tint
Est Delivery is Mid-May. Can't wait!

GTI mk6
03-01-2011, 02:48 PM
Hi all i'm new to this forum, ordered a black 3 door Polo GTI 3 weeks back with the following options:
-Pearlescent paint
-Panaramic sunroof
-Bi-Xenon Headlights
-Audio Package
-Comfort Package
-Bluetooth
-Tint
Est Delivery is Mid-May. Can't wait!

Nice one :-)
itching to see the Bi xenons and sunroof in the flesh

MYGTI'
03-01-2011, 03:02 PM
+1, all the test cars were all stock, no options.

pologti18t
03-01-2011, 05:29 PM
+1, all the test cars were all stock, no options.

I think audio and comfort pack were about the only additional options on the first batch of cars.

GTI mk6
03-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Wondering if anyone can clarify for me if the “Shadow Blue Metalic" that is exclusive to the Polo GTI (according to VW brochure) is the same blue as the previous model GTI?

I have only found some photos taken with an iPhone from a sighting in Sydney and it looked a “really" dark blue, but didnt look to be a sunny day etc etc.
Want to see this colour in the flesh......other wise another candy white as we wouldn't risk ordering this colour sight unseen.
Shame there's no metallic greys in the GTI line up for us......very limited colours in GTI range if you don't want white, red or black....oh and silver......missed out on the carbon steel grey in the Golf GTI and initially thought we would be able to get
a grey this time round until we saw the colour chart :-( ......then there is always the comfortline Polo....nice grey. :banana:

pologti18t
03-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Wondering if anyone can clarify for me if the “Shadow Blue Metalic" that is exclusive to the Polo GTI (according to VW brochure) is the same blue as the previous model GTI?

I have only found some photos taken with an iPhone from a sighting in Sydney and it looked a “really" dark blue, but didnt look to be a sunny day etc etc.
Want to see this colour in the flesh......other wise another candy white as we wouldn't risk ordering this colour sight unseen.
Shame there's no metallic greys in the GTI line up for us......very limited colours in GTI range if you don't want white, red or black....oh and silver......missed out on the carbon steel grey in the Golf GTI and initially thought we would be able to get
a grey this time round until we saw the colour chart :-( ......then there is always the comfortline Polo....nice grey. :banana:

I made the same observation. Boring colours in the Polo GTI range. A mid grey metallic would be great.
I "think" the metallic blue is the same as the old model. Not a very sporting colour.

The white is the best (in my opinion) colour in the Polo GTI range followed by red.

walbjj
03-01-2011, 09:15 PM
well i was the one that took the iphone pics ofthe blue polo gti and its a **** colour. awful imo. just looks terrible.

shauno
03-01-2011, 09:30 PM
There's a blue 3 dr GTI at Bill Buckle at brookvale... I assume there's only one type of blue?

walbjj
03-01-2011, 09:36 PM
yes, thats the one i testdrove. its ass coloured bad imo

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/yellows2k/a8eb3a87.jpg

GTI mk6
03-01-2011, 10:27 PM
well i was the one that took the iphone pics ofthe blue polo gti and its a **** colour. awful imo. just looks terrible.

Oh hey waibjj, was too lazy to go back and check who took the piccs.
So you reckon it doesn't look any better in the flesh then?

Neither VW dealership local to me have it coming in the next batch either, do like the CW, just wanted a change this time, like a NICE METALLIC GREY!!!!!!! :(
Thanks for your piccs though, good on ya :-)

GTI mk6
03-01-2011, 10:31 PM
There's a blue 3 dr GTI at Bill Buckle at brookvale... I assume there's only one type of blue?

Yes there is only one blue, but bit too far away for me Shauno. Hehe

GTI mk6
03-01-2011, 10:43 PM
I made the same observation. Boring colours in the Polo GTI range. A mid grey metallic would be great.
I "think" the metallic blue is the same as the old model. Not a very sporting colour.

The white is the best (in my opinion) colour in the Polo GTI range followed by red.

Looks like CW it is if deciding on the GTI.
Now in hindsight, where was the Golf GTI carbon steel grey when we needed ya, oh that's right none available for 5-6 mths.
That wait sounds good compared to what we have been told for the Polo GTI... sigh

walbjj
03-01-2011, 10:51 PM
theres one avail on carsales, used. much better buy imo

walbjj
03-01-2011, 10:53 PM
there is a carbon grey golf gti on carsales, better buy imo 2nd hand.
and the blue is just blech, nothing exciting about it

PeterHBne
04-01-2011, 06:27 AM
I was hoping it'd be discountable if purchased upfront.

Not much of a negotiating position if your warranty is about to expire...

Does anyone know what RRP is for the extra 2 years?

There is a whole thread on this in the MKV Golf section - read it before u buy. i've been thru all this. There is a place down south that is the cheapest to buy from. But wait until the 3 yrs is up. I paid about $1100 for my current GTI

kreuze
09-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Hi all,

First post here :)

I'm after a stock 5 door white Polo GTI. Got offered list price from Camberwell VW. What price should I be targeting considering i'm eligible for several of their discount programs (Australian Computer Society, my employer etc)?

Also, any tips on how to avoid the 6 month wait? I'm hoping to find a dealer with unfilled orders. So far i've found a Demonstrator in NSW that fits my exact spec but would prefer new. I've also tracked down a blue 5 door & black 3 door w/ sat nav both due in Feb 2011. Will be calling a heap more dealers tomorrow but is this the best approach? Surely there's an easier way to just hand over my money and buy a car :)

Cheers

kreuze
10-01-2011, 12:16 PM
I found a silver 5 door!!!!!!! In customs right now, will be in my greasy hands next week :)

kreuze
10-01-2011, 01:20 PM
Wish there were more posters on here to share my excitement :)

Tigga1
10-01-2011, 02:47 PM
can someone clarify the RCD510 & MDI option:

does this unit actually provide more power to the speakers, or is it just more features and stacker and touchscreen and sd card slot etc...? I found the RCD310 a bit underdone power and clarity wise....

thanks in advance

kreuze
10-01-2011, 03:16 PM
I found the RCD310 a bit underdone power and clarity wise....

If you spend a bit more time in the RCD310 menus you will find there's some decent sound clarity to be found, not audiophile decent but good enough for average joe.

As far as i'm aware the RCD510 upgrade does not get you any different speakers. I'm not sure about the RMS outputs of each the two units but I would be surprised if this made much difference.

If you are after better sound quality you would be better off getting a full after market system including a Double-DIN head unit.

Tigga1
10-01-2011, 03:19 PM
thanks kreuze
I currently have the RCD510 in a Tiguan, although I've upgraded to better speakers, amp and sub.
I am actually more interested in the MDI that comes as part of the upgrade, and am just curious is there is a "sound" benefit from the RCD510 over and above the RCD310
cheers
Tigga

kreuze
10-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Can anyone tell me what the Bluetooth kit costs for the GTI? And can the dealer fit it for me or is it a factory add-on?

William_Foster
10-01-2011, 07:11 PM
The basic line for all models is 'No, it isn't a factory option; it's a dealer option and will cost between $700 and $800'. There are a few threads on here discussing the pro's and con's of the dealer fitted option. By the way, there is a premium version which has a lot more features; but also costs alot more money, double.

GTI mk6
10-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Wish there were more posters on here to share my excitement :)

LOL, we are here but no excitement cause we can't get a bloody Polo GTI! :(

BUT anyway.....
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!:banana:

Well done Kreuze, your persistence paid off.
Now as you have not mentioned specs, I will assume you have stock standard?

Sigh, we almost had one today, long story but not meant to be.....
Even had the exact specs and colour, due in country in a few months.
Back to square one and waiting for production date news...CMON VW GRRR!

kreuze
10-01-2011, 07:34 PM
Now as you have not mentioned specs, I will assume you have stock standard?

You would be correct, didn't see the value in the extras personally. Dealer's throwing in a few nice things for me but otherwise standard. 11 days and counting!

GTI mk6
10-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Can anyone tell me what the Bluetooth kit costs for the GTI? And can the dealer fit it for me or is it a factory add-on?

This is what a dealership told me Saturday.
No factory fitted option available, only dealer fitted.
4 options depending on sound system.

With standard RCD 310- very basic Bluetooth $600
- Fiscon Bluetooth $890 (not sure of features)

With upgrade RCD510 - again the basic Bluetooth
- Premium bluetooth $990 (wirelessly integrates with the MFD via audio system which then allows you to
make calls, answer calls etc and loads your phone book into the MFD to allow you to look up contacts also via this system.

There is also a 4th option which they suggest more for commercial vehicles that has a touch pad screen which sits above the air vents for example, not sure of price.
Cheers :-)

kreuze
10-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Thanks GTI Mk6.

One quick last question - how much will it cost me for a new rim when my mrs hits a gutter?

GTI mk6
10-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Thanks GTI Mk6.

One quick last question - how much will it cost me for a new rim when my mrs hits a gutter?

LOL......careful....what makes you so sure it will be your Mrs first?

bnescooter
10-01-2011, 09:18 PM
I'm pi$$ed off. I placed my order three days after they arrived at the dealer in December and they're saying it will be 6 months ! (5 door, white)