PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Introduction

gti_grrl
08-05-2007, 09:28 AM
Hi Guys!

After a bit of a wander around the forums I thought it was about time to say a hello. My name is Sarah, I'm 19 and I live & work in the Hunter Valley. I have always loved the Golf Gti before I got my license, however one was a little out of my price range for a first car. I'm not a Golf Gti owner, yet, although I am going hunting on the weekend for a mk4. I currently drive a mildy modded Swift Gti, but I think the time has come for something with a little more 'wow' factor and a few less rattles. :)

SoVeReIgN
08-05-2007, 09:45 AM
Hi Welcome! :D

Chicks that have good taste in cars are hawt. ;D

I have a soft spot for swift GTis - Got any pics ?

fuzion
08-05-2007, 09:47 AM
... look out for sov on here, hes a dangerous character i tell you :) lol jk

theres a few for sale currently so keep a look out, maybe an a3 turbo if you like the gti as they are very similar as well

rayray086
08-05-2007, 10:16 AM
Welcome; good luck with the search!

GoLfMan
08-05-2007, 10:19 AM
good to see another girl on here :)
good luck with your search there are plenty of mk4 gti's to choose from, on carsales and the like... so choose wisely ;)

DubSteve
08-05-2007, 10:22 AM
Welcome gti_grrl, there are not many girls on this forum and GTI owners at that, so you are one of few, there are many mk4 gtis that are avalaible, go and get a loan and buy Ross mk4 beast, just a little more than what you are looking at ;)

gti_grrl
08-05-2007, 10:30 AM
Wow, what a quick response! Thanks for the welcome guys. Is the Ross mk4 youre referring to mk3Vr6, is that the black one in the classifieds section? If so, it is very stylish :)

fuzion - What is an a3 turbo? Like the Audi A3?

sovereign - Yeah a few. Do you have an email I can send them to?

DubSteve
08-05-2007, 11:49 AM
Wow, what a quick response! Thanks for the welcome guys. Is the Ross mk4 youre referring to mk3Vr6, is that the black one in the classifieds section? If so, it is very stylish :)

Sarah Ross's mk4 is GLF18T its a 220kw at the wheels mean machine, courtesy of Sebs handy work. Its the one with the Porsche twists. Very nice.

gti_grrl
08-05-2007, 11:56 AM
Oh, yes Im quite familiar with that golf actually. That's the one I came across Sunday night. Ive been trying to justify a 40k loan for it haha. It would have to be hands down the nicest golf I have seen. I love it. Alot.

DubSteve
08-05-2007, 12:05 PM
In all it really depends what you are looking for but there are plenty that are out there. Seek and you will find lol :)

Also check vortex as they sell cars on there also.

SoVeReIgN
08-05-2007, 12:14 PM

Ah the (Audi) a3 turbo is basically the same mechanicals under a different shell. Same brakes/engine/gearbox/etc
The later model a3s (2001 onwards) got a few updates the golf didnt get (:D - Traction control, drive by wire throttle, Variable valve timing, 'electronicly lockable diff') and they make a little bit more power when tuned because of the VVT.

I have an Audi a3 and my brother has an mk4 GTI, almost every part is interchangeable except for the interior and body :)

Either way, you've made a good choice lol.

Oh and my email is sovereign_01@hotmail.com

91eah
08-05-2007, 02:05 PM
Hi Sarah and welcome to the forum!

Im a girl, 19, and i have a mk4 silver gti!!! WOW haha

GET ONE!!!! They r soooo great, you will love it! Go for the 99-01ish so you get the recaros and sunroof etc!

Im current putting some H&R coilovers in mine, and have plenty more things to come hehe..

gti_grrl
09-05-2007, 01:29 PM
Mk3vr6 - Yeah I had a little look on there yesterday... but There was too many US posts I didnt have time to filter through.

Sov - I plan to check some out on the weekend, however I'm more inclined towards the golf. - I don't think I'd go for another 2 door after having a swift for 3 years, although I do like the sound of saying 'Oh, I drive an Audi' hehe :) Plus it would make my father jealous... :cool:

91eah - Thanks! Good to see that Im not the only female enthusiast around here - with a Golf anyway. Coilovers, nice. Suspension @ handling is the first thing I want to focus on once i get mine. Let me know how they go.

DubSteve
09-05-2007, 01:38 PM
Here you go girl,

This is the Australia vwvortex have a look through here.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3174642

phaeton
09-05-2007, 01:38 PM
Welcome to VWwA Sarah :D

VW18LT
10-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Welcome to the forum

c u round!:)

GTIputih
11-05-2007, 08:49 PM
welcome to the forum. mk4 gti is great, i had mine for almost 2.5 years now. no complaint at all.. feel very solid inside.

DIDZ
26-05-2007, 05:29 PM
Hello hi!

Have you had any luck in finding a Golf yet ?

Enjoy your stay :)