PDA

View Full Version : 40,000km in 395 days

FL00DY
07-05-2007, 10:35 PM
Well today on the way to work, when 45km from home, my car ticked over 40,000kms. To reach the 40K it’s taken 395 days, at an average just over 101km a day.

http://web.aanet.com.au/fl00dy/wp-content/2007/05/07-05-07-40000km-in-395-days.jpg

So often in the past 13 months, I’ve been walking to my car, still in disbelief that she’s mine to drive. It’s a very special car, for so many reasons. The other day one of my best friends, Cathy, told me that she’d seen another Polo GTI out of the roads; this was the first time in the 13 months that she’d spotted one. I reckon that’s special, I could have got a super-taxi S Commodore and had a boring time driving in a straight line and have a fatigued arm from waving at every other S Commodore Driver, but that wasn’t for me. I’ve never normally followed trends, so I wasn’t about to continue with the car I was going to buy.

I love my GTI and I don’t care that it’s only a Polo GTI. With a bit of cash to throw at it, these little rockets are serious V8-killers round a track. I couldn’t have picked a better car for me, I’ve met some great friends along the way and wouldn’t dare do it differently a second time round.

Oh and for the record, the only thing I've had wrong is I had to replace the fuse for the ciggie lighter. I was trying to charge my phone and noticed the light wasn't coming on. I guess I've been lucky with her :D

DubSteve
07-05-2007, 10:41 PM
Nice work there FLOODY, good to see that you take care with your car and that you enjoy your car, saw your car get dyno'd at the dyno day for vortex very nice. Keep up the good work mate.

mitch_gti
07-05-2007, 10:48 PM
i get critisized for not driving my car enough. its just ticked over to 5,300 kms. had the car for 6 months.

40,000 in a bit over a year !

You must never get out of the thing :P not that i blame you. Ive had no problems either, we got the good ones, must be a candy white thing j:

FL00DY
07-05-2007, 10:48 PM
Nice work there FLOODY, good to see that you take care with your car and that you enjoy your car, saw your car get dyno'd at the dyno day for vortex very nice. Keep up the good work mate.

Hey, I didn't know you were there. I was the one in the Sharks jersey. I wasn't going to bother, but at least chipped guys had a stockie to compare to and I've got a baseline for mods (if I ever get any spare cash :( )

DubSteve
07-05-2007, 10:51 PM
Hey, I didn't know you were there. I was the one in the Sharks jersey. I wasn't going to bother, but at least chipped guys had a stockie to compare to and I've got a baseline for mods (if I ever get any spare cash :( )

Yeha I saw you from a distance was talking to Pierre for abit and then just watched some of the action. Then had to leave in a hurry :(

Will be at the night run on Saturday night should be good.

FL00DY
07-05-2007, 10:54 PM
i get critisized for not driving my car enough. its just ticked over to 5,300 kms. had the car for 6 months.

You must never get out of the thing :P not that i blame you. Ive had no problems either, we got the good ones, must be a candy white thing j:

Shame on you Mitch :D But I'd rather have your fuel bill then mine. I got my new tyres at 34,000km, I ended up doing 36,500km on my 12 month anniversary. The sad thing is I've been in Melbourne without her for nearly 2 months all up this year, so that would have added 3K-4K.

EDIT: Mk3vr6, I might be coming along. But only as a passenger with Perry (pierre), trying to save on petrol. You going to Seb's first?

rayray086
07-05-2007, 11:16 PM
Congrats on the milestone FL00DY - that's a lot of driving!! Do you do a lot of commuting, or is it all 'weekend driving'? j:

DubSteve
08-05-2007, 08:35 AM
EDIT: Mk3vr6, I might be coming along. But only as a passenger with Perry (pierre), trying to save on petrol. You going to Seb's first?

Yeah will be there for the BBQ, not sure what time though I will rock up though.

phaeton
08-05-2007, 09:05 AM
Good write up FL00DY :D

Congrats on 40K ;)

Kai
08-05-2007, 09:22 AM
Im up to 43k in 365days!

Congrates man :)

FL00DY
08-05-2007, 09:50 AM
Im up to 43k in 365days!

Congrates man :)

Far out, I thought I drove a lot :D

Wand Weaver
08-05-2007, 09:58 AM

You think you're bad, Mitch j:

I've had mine coming up to 5 months, with a princely mileage total of a little over 2100km :D

That being said - mine's Reflex Silver, but no problems in mine, either :)

ryan_GTI
08-05-2007, 02:43 PM
damn you ppl with no flaws in the car! lol mines onli 7mths old and it has about 8+ problems already with a mileage of 14,400km...

however i still adore it as much as you do floody - and it's definately a rare car on the streets despite its cheap pricetag! :cool:

PoloGTi
09-05-2007, 11:29 PM
This is wikkid every one loves the Polo, probs or no probs i still love the car 23000ks and 18months down the track i too still look and cant balive i own the car. I am not even half way through the polo plan one day i would love to do the dutton or Targa Tas best little car on the road. i think tassie only still has sold about 10 Polo GTI and i am one of the lucky ones.