PDA

View Full Version : New GTI - awesome car. Quick query...

Carbine
06-05-2007, 10:19 PM
Hi! Right now I'm holding the flicky-key to a brand spanking new Silver Golf GTI DSG, which I can't stop staring at in my driveway...
Simply amazing car! Exceeded my expectations, especially the DSG sixspeed after trying various auto-clutch manuals like Alfa's Silly-Speed and Citroen's Sensless-drive.
Still trying to get used to the manual mode... the gearshift is arse abouts compared to the BMW 3-series that I'm used to! But the engine is just soo tractable it doesnt really matter what gear i'm in within reason. And gotta love the "blat!" noise from the exhaust on every part throttle upshift...

Just a quick query - in the boot on the left hand side there's an empty bracket and strap - I'm assuming it fits some sort of warning triangle like on BMW's. Am I being denied something here, or are all Aussie GTi's equipped as such?

Thanks guys!

blur32
06-05-2007, 10:40 PM
Hi! Right now I'm holding the flicky-key to a brand spanking new Silver Golf GTI DSG, which I can't stop staring at in my driveway...
Simply amazing car! Exceeded my expectations, especially the DSG sixspeed after trying various auto-clutch manuals like Alfa's Silly-Speed and Citroen's Sensless-drive.
Still trying to get used to the manual mode... the gearshift is arse abouts compared to the BMW 3-series that I'm used to! But the engine is just soo tractable it doesnt really matter what gear i'm in within reason. And gotta love the "blat!" noise from the exhaust on every part throttle upshift...

Just a quick query - in the boot on the left hand side there's an empty bracket and strap - I'm assuming it fits some sort of warning triangle like on BMW's. Am I being denied something here, or are all Aussie GTi's equipped as such?

Thanks guys!

That would be for the "optional" fire extinguisher/first aid kit. Don't panic, no one gets it.

Tim
06-05-2007, 10:40 PM
i wouldnt worry. this is just how they manage to get the car to australia at a competitive price point. theyre all the same

rabbitoh
06-05-2007, 10:52 PM

Thanks guys!

Congrats man! Post some picks :D