PDA

View Full Version : URgent help required! valve retainers!!!

gldgti
07-01-2006, 08:26 AM
Hi everyone!

good xmas break? i hope so for you all.

Now, i have a little problem...

My dads diesel blew a head gasket a month or so ago. it was really down to the head being rather dilapidated and worn, and so dad aquired a brand newy (from spain, no less), with a full set of new valves and other bits and pieces.

anyway, the problem is that dad forgot that the new valves have three grooves in the stem for the collets to go into - they are different from the older single groove type quite a bit.

we managed to source the new collets but these also require new retainers! the newer style retainers have a champfered outer edge and a champfer on the top side of the inner edge (hole) aswell - they are quite different from the older style retainers. we have managed to source 4 so far, and so we need 4 more!

we are having trouble because most places are closed at the moment!

if anyone has a spare head lying around with these newer type retainers and is willing to part with them in exchange for some money, it would be GREATLY appreciated! this is a matter of urgency as dad is taking the family away in a weeks time, and i will need his car, because i'll be taking my car off the road for a respray!!!

if anyone can help directly or has any suggestions please let me know.

im happy to give anyone here my mobile number too if you wish to discuss etc.

thanks guys!

aydan