PDA

View Full Version : 1998 Polo battery

nick1234
06-05-2007, 12:16 PM
G'day,

just wondering how much you people would reckon for a new battery and as to where the best place to get one would be - preferably where somebody bulds it in. Mine seems to be rather weak atm.

Cheers and catch you later ...

- Nick

h100vw
06-05-2007, 02:07 PM
Nick, are you saying that it turns over slowly or something?? Repco/supercheap etc do batteries. Or go through the yellow pages.

I must pass half a dozen places on the way to work that sell batteries. So shouldn't be hard to get one in any big town.

Gavin

nick1234
06-05-2007, 03:26 PM
Hello mate,

well, the other day it didn't start at all so I had to get help, then drove to a garage - but by the time I got there the car was working just fine again - later I charged it by driving 30kms but four days later it took a little bit of time to start again - but eventually it did.

I know a place nearby that sells them for $130, was just wondering if that is an average price here - but then again it might be something else.

Any thoughts ?

- If it won't recharge I'll just get that then, cannot tell the age of the present battery but the light is transparent and apparently should be green.

Bora Sport
06-05-2007, 03:28 PM
G'day,

just wondering how much you people would reckon for a new battery and as to where the best place to get one would be - preferably where somebody bulds it in. Mine seems to be rather weak atm.

Cheers and catch you later ...

- Nick
My tip is to use the yellow pages and shop around. I just replaced the battery in my Bora. It took 5 phone calls and I saved $30.00 on the identical battery (ML 55 - $165.00 to $135.00 fitted from different branches of Battery World). 3 year warranty. You can get cheaper by buying a lower CCA rated battery with a shorter warranty.

h100vw
06-05-2007, 03:38 PM
You need to have it tested to prove it is dead/dieing. Does sound dodgy though and with the dark nights etc and possibly short journeys things aren't going to improve.

FYI CCA stands for cold cranking amps. A measure of how the battery can perform under the worst conditions it's likely to come across. More is better but the price will go up accordingly.

Gavin

nick1234
06-05-2007, 05:08 PM
Cheers,

I might give Battery World a go then. Your price included fitting ? :)

Which one do you have in the Ibiza ? Should be identical to the Polo, ey ? :rolleyes:
I guess $130 is not that bad then ... don't know about the warranty though ... have a good Sunday !

- Nick

h100vw
06-05-2007, 06:36 PM
http://www.batteryworld.com.au/asp/index.asp?pgid=11201&cid=5864&transporttype=20&vehicletype=945&make=132&model=10503&year=11386
Here's the batteryworld ones.

The performance one is quite a bit better than the std one but it would depend on the cost as to whether it would be worth paying more. The warranty is the same, so I wouldn't go for it TBH.

Gavin

nick1234
09-05-2007, 04:26 PM
Hello chaps,

the garage sold me the DIN 55 supercharge for $130 in the end - it's got 30 months warranty - did not look brand new to me but the car had not started again so I really had no choice but to take that one, would have liked to shop around though !

Cheers for your support !!

- Nick