PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket automatic climate control?

Allegiance
03-11-2010, 05:38 PM
I was having a look at the 2011.5 changes, and I noticed the new climate control display is pretty cool. I would like to retrofit this into my car. I only have the basic system because I didn't go comfort pack, is it just a matter of buying the climate control module and fitting it in the car?

Thanks

BR @ ON
03-11-2010, 06:12 PM
I guess its a matter of bulb change?

Also, great choice for getting the climate control because it does wonders, as well as the auto wiper, and auto-dimmer.

Allegiance
03-11-2010, 06:20 PM
I must not have been clear in my first post, I didn't get the comfort pack. I want the climate control, I want to fit it to my car.

This is the new one:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/11/volkswagen_my115_model_year_change_polo_-1.jpg

BR @ ON
03-11-2010, 06:22 PM
Yes, haha. I have actually just found it in another post.

And then I came back to edit out my Q for the picture.

It is nice clean touch. And functionally, you can't go wrong with a climate control mod!

Allegiance
03-11-2010, 06:28 PM
Any idea how to?

BR @ ON
03-11-2010, 06:30 PM
Sorry mate, I am not expert in this. I can only use my imagination...

If the thermometer is integrated into the faceplate, and the cabling from the exposed picture above matches the existing aircon unit, it would be a simple plug n play?

Calling on the expert help here...

Allegiance
03-11-2010, 06:35 PM
I would love a plug and play solution.... Even if someone just knows the part number I could use that to do some research.

Thanks

magokiss
18-11-2010, 05:54 AM
I must not have been clear in my first post, I didn't get the comfort pack. I want the climate control, I want to fit it to my car.

This is the new one:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/11/volkswagen_my115_model_year_change_polo_-1.jpg

Please, please help me yet.
I need the part number from the climate control panel white / negative

The number should begin with 6R0 907 044 X WZU ?

Greetings
Markus

benja
27-02-2011, 08:28 PM
Markus it should be: 6R0 907 044 WZU, without the X; can someone buy it for me (and maybe even for Markus if he wants to), and then ship to me (us)? In my case I can pay in advance for the part via paypal! Let me know via PM!

Thanks!

Ben

gavs
28-02-2011, 06:57 AM
Allegiance, if it's the auto climate control as shown above, you will need the associated sensors and the like that tell the unit what to do in regards to maintaining temperature, sunlight / UV coming through the windows etc. Looked into this for my GF's 207 Pug but with all the associated crap, it was just cheaper to go up to the next model spec that had it standard.

benja
28-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Allegiance, if it's the auto climate control as shown above, you will need the associated sensors and the like that tell the unit what to do in regards to maintaining temperature, sunlight / UV coming through the windows etc. Looked into this for my GF's 207 Pug but with all the associated crap, it was just cheaper to go up to the next model spec that had it standard.

What do you mean by that? is not possible just replacing it, having it already as standard on my 6R GTI?

gavs
28-02-2011, 07:16 PM
Sorry benja, I was referring to allegiance's question. In your situation, if you can get you hands on one of the new units, it should hopefully just plug in. Without seeing one though, I can't be 100% sure...

benja
28-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Sorry benja, I was referring to allegiance's question. In your situation, if you can get you hands on one of the new units, it should hopefully just plug in. Without seeing one though, I can't be 100% sure...

Point is in Europe I won't be able to get my hands on one! Can you help me into getting one? I can pay you via paypal and you can get + shipping one to me! Contact me via PM!

Thanks!

pologti18t
01-03-2011, 09:47 AM
Point is in Europe I won't be able to get my hands on one! Can you help me into getting one? I can pay you via paypal and you can get + shipping one to me! Contact me via PM!

Thanks!

Why would WE be able to get our hands on it and you can't? Our Polo GTIs are built in Europe.

benja
01-03-2011, 05:51 PM
Why would WE be able to get our hands on it and you can't? Our Polo GTIs are built in Europe.

I know GTIs are built in Europe (in Pamplona, Spain), but it looks like this new panel is available ONLY for Australia and Australia ONLY, nice isn't it? I asked several dealers, providing them the code and none of them figured out something or told me there's nothing in Europe with this part code! I hope now you understand why me and Markus (the German guy who wrote in THIS 3D (http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/f128/volkswagen-polo-model-year-my-2011-5-changes-51637.html)) need your help!

Let me know please!

William_Foster
01-03-2011, 06:30 PM
I could be wrong but I don't think any cars in Australia have landed with this option yet. My car was week 2 2011 so I missed out and I still haven't received my car yet. It may be a few more weeks before a post week 3 2011 car arrives in Australia.

benja
01-03-2011, 06:38 PM
I could be wrong but I don't think any cars in Australia have landed with this option yet. My car was week 2 2011 so I missed out and I still haven't received my car yet. It may be a few more weeks before a post week 3 2011 car arrives in Australia.

Just to know: in case it will be available one day can you help me?

William_Foster
01-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Benja, I am sure someone will be able to help once the cars arrive. The dealers on here are probably your best bet as others may be apprehensive about pulling apart their new cars.

GTI JOE
01-03-2011, 07:25 PM
I am sure that the spare parts people at the dealerships may be able to help, of course when stock arrives.

benja
01-03-2011, 09:17 PM
Agree :) I asked a VW Dealer in Perth and he told me he was looking for it, but told me a well try talking with my importer :(

William_Foster
02-03-2011, 08:10 PM
Benja, fingers crossed I may be able to help you on Friday. I have just been reading other posts and seen that the new module was released in Week 2 2011; when mine was produced. If I get it I will see what I can do about getting the part number for you; hopefully the service team will be able to work it out from their systems.

benja
02-03-2011, 10:44 PM
Benja, fingers crossed I may be able to help you on Friday. I have just been reading other posts and seen that the new module was released in Week 2 2011; when mine was produced. If I get it I will see what I can do about getting the part number for you; hopefully the service team will be able to work it out from their systems.

Tnx! Part number I already know: it's --> 6R0 907 044 WZU ; just to see how I can get one over here! My idea/proposal is I can pay one of you for getting and shipping it to me :)

Allegiance
02-03-2011, 11:02 PM
If you let me try it in my car when I get the part, I don't mind helping.

benja
02-03-2011, 11:49 PM
If you let me try it in my car when I get the part, I don't mind helping.

what do you mean by that? do you want to replace all the A/C system?

William_Foster
04-03-2011, 03:26 PM
I am sorry to say that I saw my new car today and I got the old air-conditioning unit; so I won't be able to help. But if anyone finds the part number let me know as well because I will need to order the part also.

benja
04-03-2011, 11:13 PM
I am sorry to say that I saw my new car today and I got the old air-conditioning unit; so I won't be able to help. But if anyone finds the part number let me know as well because I will need to order the part also.

Damn :( we've to find a way to replace it :D

benja
06-04-2011, 05:32 PM
Any news about?

GTI JOE
06-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Nope, probably won't be any until some people actually take delivery:(

benja
21-06-2011, 05:45 PM
News about new Climatronic panel OVER HERE (http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/f128/new-climatronic-group-order-60089.html#post682743)

Ben