PDA

View Full Version : Did I get a good deal...?

Babee J
05-05-2007, 05:17 PM
Hey peoples!

I'm new to the forum as I have just ordered a VDubb... can you tell me if I got a good deal??

I purchased the following...

Candy White GOLF GTI MK5 (5 DOOR)
DSG
Leather
Bi-Xenon Headlights
Bluetooth
Parking Sensors

and payed $46,500 drive away... (then I added paint protection, tinted windows and scratch/dent protection).

Also, I am considering getting the bumpers colour coded before delivery, but is it worth doing it through the dealer or aftermarket?
Does anyone know how much it would cost for the side skirts and rear bumper?

phaeton
05-05-2007, 06:08 PM
Welcome to VWwA Babee J :D

rabbitoh
05-05-2007, 06:14 PM
Sounds like a great deal. Can I ask what dealership?

Subie25L
05-05-2007, 09:30 PM
Sounds like a great deal. Can I ask what dealership?

Ditto - Sound like a great deal. You did alot better than i did.

william
05-05-2007, 11:07 PM
babee j whats your location bc if its in sydney i could help you out with contacts in vw dealerships

Babee J
06-05-2007, 05:30 AM
Well I'm really glad to hear that I got a good deal!

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm located in VIC and ended up purchasing the car from Barloworld Volkswagen in Glen Waverly...

brackie
06-05-2007, 07:19 AM
Welcome, mate. Enjoy your time here :)
Great car, good price.
Can you put your location in your user profile? That makes it easier for us. ;)

GoLfMan
06-05-2007, 09:52 AM
Well I'm really glad to hear that I got a good deal!

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm located in VIC and ended up purchasing the car from Barloworld Volkswagen in Glen Waverly...

good to see another melbournian on board! hope to cya at a couple of meet ups
welcome :D

sausage
07-05-2007, 01:44 AM
Wow... that price sounds too good to be true!
Is that for a new car? or demo/06 model?
If its a brand new car... then I have to say... that's one hell of a deal... quite possibly the best GTI deal!

Babee J
07-05-2007, 07:12 PM
No no not a demo... I ordered it two saturday's ago so i'll be waiting around 3-4mnths for it to come in... :( I'm so sad, I already know what i'm going to do to it so it is going to be the longest wait of my life!!!!!

mhh
07-05-2007, 09:08 PM
Sounds like a great deal. Congrats on a lovely spec.

Don't spoil it all by painting your bumpers - you'll lose resale value just when you have done so well to buy right.

Lima
09-05-2007, 08:46 AM
Spoil resale value? j:

I definitely recommend doing the colour coding prior to delivery. That way you car looks like it should have looked, from factory.

And, good buying as well. Congratulations.

Babee J
09-05-2007, 09:58 AM
I agree... It isn't a choice in my mind as to the colour coded bumpers... it must be done... will be getting the Audi RS4 rims the day it gets delivered too :)

Please see example (a)...

DaveMack
09-05-2007, 10:01 AM
I agree... It isn't a choice in my mind as to the colour coded bumpers... it must be done... will be getting the Audi RS4 rims the day it gets delivered too :)

Please see example (a)...

In fact ... bloody nice rims! :D

Dave

Babee J
09-05-2007, 10:32 AM
They are amazing... I have a friend getting pricing on them... may need to look at the replicas but it will depend on build quality. I am soooooo excited I can't wait!

Lima
10-05-2007, 01:32 PM
You will need to look at replicas as genuine RS4 wheels have an offset that is not suitable for use on Golfs.

Replicas used to be readily available from ABI wheels via eBay, but of late his advertised range of wheels has been much less than usual???

http://stores.ebay.com.au/ABI-Wheels_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

The replica wheels are made by an Italian manufacturer called Ruotecompany, I've been running a set of their replica wheels on my MINI for almost 3 years now. They're a good product, no need to fear they're a cheap knock off, well, they're cheaper than OEM, and they are a knock off, but they're not poor quality.

j:

Babee J
11-05-2007, 01:09 AM
You will need to look at replicas as genuine RS4 wheels have an offset that is not suitable for use on Golfs.

Replicas used to be readily available from ABI wheels via eBay, but of late his advertised range of wheels has been much less than usual???

http://stores.ebay.com.au/ABI-Wheels_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

The replica wheels are made by an Italian manufacturer called Ruotecompany, I've been running a set of their replica wheels on my MINI for almost 3 years now. They're a good product, no need to fear they're a cheap knock off, well, they're cheaper than OEM, and they are a knock off, but they're not poor quality.

j:

Thank alot mate, really appreciate the feedback on the rims.

Babee J
12-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Just went down and took a demo for a spin today at Barloworld... it tides me over while I wait for mine but I am struggling now... I want it so badly I'm even dreaming about it!!

BTW I wanted to say a quick thankyou to yall on tha forum... I have gotten some great info and am really looking forward to my first cruise sometime in August or after (when I have picked up my GTI). It will be great to put some faces to names!

Cheers Again ppls!

antlan81
16-05-2007, 12:55 PM
I think you got a great deal!! I have a mate who works at VW on the Nepean Highway. Did me a great deal:

Golf GTI, 5 door, black with paint protection and tinted windows all for $40,800 drive away. A week later i wanted a sunroof, but it was too late :(

I gotta wait till the start of August :(

Seems like so far away....