PDA

View Full Version : Order placed...

rabbitoh
05-05-2007, 11:37 AM
R32. Black 3 door with DSG and sunroof. Just confirming with dealer but should be delievered sometime in July. :)

phaeton
05-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Oh cool Congrats :)

Black is my fav colour for R32 :D

acdcfan
05-05-2007, 01:55 PM
should be delivered sometime in July. :)

and anxious wait begins....................

REDMKVGTI
05-05-2007, 06:06 PM
Gotta hate that wait!

rabbitoh
05-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Thanks guys and yep, the wait is gonna drive me nuts :D

acdcfan
05-05-2007, 07:54 PM
Thanks guys and yep, the wait is gonna drive me nuts :D

It drove me for two months but when I got it was all peaceful again:D

Eddy
05-05-2007, 07:58 PM
Hoyhoy.
Even though you have to wait I'm getting jealous.

Bugga.

rabbitoh
06-05-2007, 12:37 AM
It drove me for two months but when I got it was all peaceful again:D

Hehe, except for the fun (loudness?) you were having with the new purchase :D

rabbitoh
06-05-2007, 12:39 AM
Hoyhoy.
Even though you have to wait I'm getting jealous.

Bugga.

You know I had to wait for a similiar time for the Alfa, and not knocking it, but I really, really, want the R32. I was pretty relaxed with the the 147. Hard to wait but will be worth it in the end.

DaveMack
06-05-2007, 12:50 AM
You know I had to wait for a similiar time for the Alfa, and not knocking it, but I really, really, want the R32. I was pretty relaxed with the the 147. Hard to wait but will be worth it in the end.

... when it arrives. The grin won't stop for days ... weeks even. :D

Good luck with it, Mate and I'm sure it'll be everything you dreamed it would be ... and probably more.

Dave

rabbitoh
06-05-2007, 12:54 AM
... when it arrives. The grin won't stop for days ... weeks even. :D

Good luck with it, Mate and I'm sure it'll be everything you dreamed it would be ... and probably more.

Dave

Cheers Dave. Your on the money :D

Has the APR upgrade mentioned in your sig happened yet, and if so, how is it?

DaveMack
06-05-2007, 12:58 AM
Cheers Dave. Your on the money :D

Has the APR upgrade mentioned in your sig happened yet, and if so, how is it?

:( Sadly not yet ... still savin'. I have tried the 6 engine hour test from Guy and Alex and was super impressed ... so I can't wait to get that.

Cheers, Rabbitoh ... not too long for your big day.

Dave

rabbitoh
06-05-2007, 01:10 AM
:( Sadly not yet ... still savin'. I have tried the 6 engine hour test from Guy and Alex and was super impressed ... so I can't wait to get that.

Cheers, Rabbitoh ... not too long for your big day.

Dave

Well I hope it's not too far off :)

I probably should do a search, but do you know if APR (or anyone else) do a worth while upgrade for the R32? I will wait a year at least but interested all the same.

DaveMack
06-05-2007, 01:27 AM
Well I hope it's not too far off :)

I probably should do a search, but do you know if APR (or anyone else) do a worth while upgrade for the R32? I will wait a year at least but interested all the same.

I think there is almost certainly an ECU upgrade. Generally speaking, the recognised ones that members tend to use are:
1. GIAC
2. APR
3. REVO
4. Oettinger

There are others ... but generally speaking, those four would probably be recognised as the best.

As for R32 mods, have you checked out this thread?
http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=5152

Cheers,
Dave

rabbitoh
06-05-2007, 10:00 AM
I think there is almost certainly an ECU upgrade. Generally speaking, the recognised ones that members tend to use are:
1. GIAC
2. APR
3. REVO
4. Oettinger

There are others ... but generally speaking, those four would probably be recognised as the best.

As for R32 mods, have you checked out this thread?
http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=5152

Cheers,
Dave

Cheers!

Flapper mod looks like it could be a good start :o

acdcfan
06-05-2007, 05:19 PM
Hehe, except for the fun (loudness?) you were having with the new purchase :D

damn
you're right again

rabbitoh
07-05-2007, 02:20 PM
Latest update. R32 arrives 1st of July. How long does it typically take from the car arriving on the boat in Sydney to being in your hands?

Babee J
07-05-2007, 07:16 PM
You are on of the lucky ones... I just ordered a golf gti in candy white and will prob be waiting for it till early - mid august :(

I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!! :mad:

rabbitoh
07-05-2007, 07:20 PM
You are on of the lucky ones... I just ordered a golf gti in candy white and will prob be waiting for it till early - mid august :(

I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!! :mad:

Damn - that is a long wait. Mine was already booked in to arrive on 1st July, so I didn't have to wait for her to be built.

blur32
07-05-2007, 08:17 PM
Latest update. R32 arrives 1st of July. How long does it typically take from the car arriving on the boat in Sydney to being in your hands?

Mine took 3 weeks....that did include freighting to Albury/Wodonga. So i would say 2 weeks on my experience

rabbitoh
07-05-2007, 08:21 PM
Mine took 3 weeks....that did include freighting to Albury/Wodonga. So i would say 2 weeks on my experience

Thanks blur32 - looking to book a few days leave to properly enjoy the purchase, and due to my companies policy, I have to book it now :mad:

blur32
07-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Thanks blur32 - looking to book a few days leave to properly enjoy the purchase, and due to my companies policy, I have to book it now :mad:

Good luck with getting the date right!j: VAG do seem to have a mind of their own. Did I mention that mine was meant to be originally delivered in early Dec but arrived early Jan.......Don't worry, was probably just down to Xmas.

Getting my BMC CDA cold air intake remounted and sealed tomorrow. Was trialling it today....you should hear these things suck...almost as good as the exhaust note! Somehting else to look forward to.

Hang in there, it will arrive soon. In the mean time, have a play at www.dubmodder.com and start modding your beast now!

rabbitoh
07-05-2007, 09:20 PM
Hehe. Hopefully I can move the dates a little. The staff have been really nice where I have bought the car but a little vauge.

Sounds awesome blur32! I like the look of your exhaust as well ;)

acdcfan
07-05-2007, 10:44 PM

Mine took approx. 2 weeks too.

william
07-05-2007, 10:58 PM
i drive past a black one each day and its lovely hard colour to keep clean but looks like sex on wheels

blur32
08-05-2007, 02:07 PM
Hehe. Hopefully I can move the dates a little. The staff have been really nice where I have bought the car but a little vauge.

Sounds awesome blur32! I like the look of your exhaust as well ;)

Thanks for the compliment on the exhaust. Have to admit it does look extremely horny!!!:o It is a Sebring back box and tips available from Humex in Albury. Looks hot and really deepens the note. No louder tho

rabbitoh
08-05-2007, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the compliment on the exhaust. Have to admit it does look extremely horny!!!:o It is a Sebring back box and tips available from Humex in Albury. Looks hot and really deepens the note. No louder tho

I can't seem to PM you mate :) . Can you send me (or PM) any details (if you know) of where I can source the sebring in Sydney (and the cold air intake) :D

rabbitoh
08-05-2007, 07:20 PM
i drive past a black one each day and its lovely hard colour to keep clean but looks like sex on wheels

yeah it almost stopped me getting black, but hell, you only live once. Unfortunately, the same voice that told me to get black, is whispering in my ear about the recaro seats j:

blur32
09-05-2007, 09:47 AM
I can't seem to PM you mate :) . Can you send me (or PM) any details (if you know) of where I can source the sebring in Sydney (and the cold air intake) :D

Rabbitoh: I'll call Humex here in Albury for you and find from them who in Sydney does Sebring. HUMEX are the new Oz importors for Sebring...handy to have them over my back fence!!! Also, have been reading about "flapper mods". The Sebring system even comes with its own system that wires up to the factory cables. It can also be disabled, which I am going to try when next the car is up on a hoist. Will let you know how it goes.

As for the BMC CDA kit, there is a straight bolt version that any dealer can order in for you, part # i will confirm for you. Autobarn are the cheapest and it is a job you can do yourself, even with out any engine knowledge.

Babee J
09-05-2007, 10:35 AM
Damn - that is a long wait. Mine was already booked in to arrive on 1st July, so I didn't have to wait for her to be built.

I know... unfortunately there were none with my specs so had to be built... I don't mind though... it will give me time to save for rims colour coded bumpers etc. :)

gpk_gti
09-05-2007, 10:55 AM
sebring in sydney(hmm maybe not ,now reading blur32 post) is tcca 02 94363668..also they have the horny Eissenmann(think thats how you spell it)

rabbitoh
09-05-2007, 06:54 PM
sebring in sydney(hmm maybe not ,now reading blur32 post) is tcca 02 94363668..also they have the horny Eissenmann(think thats how you spell it)

cheers gpk_gti! oh and it is Eisenmann :-)

rabbitoh
09-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Rabbitoh: I'll call Humex here in Albury for you and find from them who in Sydney does Sebring. HUMEX are the new Oz importors for Sebring...handy to have them over my back fence!!! Also, have been reading about "flapper mods". The Sebring system even comes with its own system that wires up to the factory cables. It can also be disabled, which I am going to try when next the car is up on a hoist. Will let you know how it goes.

As for the BMC CDA kit, there is a straight bolt version that any dealer can order in for you, part # i will confirm for you. Autobarn are the cheapest and it is a job you can do yourself, even with out any engine knowledge.

Cheers blur32. That would be awesome.

Re the flapper mod, very keen to get that done as well. Wonder if I could get someone to do it while they fit my sebring (assuming I get it).

Re BMC, beauty, might get the dealer to install as part of delivery.

rabbitoh
09-05-2007, 07:00 PM
I know... unfortunately there were none with my specs so had to be built... I don't mind though... it will give me time to save for rims colour coded bumpers etc. :)

That's what I am thinking :-). Exhaust, induction to organise. Also want to get an aftermarket Satnav.