PDA

View Full Version : Your MK4 and Mods...

fuzion
04-05-2007, 08:05 PM
maybe a pic or 2 and the mods youve done comestically inside/outside and mechanically?

BLKMJC
05-05-2007, 12:58 AM
VW MY2002 MK4 GTi
>> GIAC KO4 Program
>> KKK KO4 Turbo
>> TT MAF & Airbox
>> 4Bar Fuel Pressure Regulator
>> Large Injectors
>> Zero Cold Sparks
>> GFB Plumback Diverter Valve (100%)
>> N75J Wastegate Controller
>> Custom Full 2.5" Exhaust, 2.5" metal cat downpipe (high flow)
>> Neuspeed Strutbrace
>> Whiteline Racing Swabar, Blade Adjustable
>> Weitec Adjustable Coilover Suspension
>> Zender VWA Tuner RAD 17x7.5" Wheels
>> INPro Black LED Indicators
>> Mattig Carbon Eyebrows
>> Stubby Antenna
>> Offset ColumnPodT for Boost Gauge
>> VDO Vision Boost Gauge - 30 In.Hg - 25 PSI
>> JVC SHX-705 Head Unit
>> MTX Monobloack Amp (Roadthunder)
>> Responce Precision 12" Carbon Fibre Sub
>> Stinger Fuses!
>> Darkest Legal Tint

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/05/2127180-1.jpg

DIDZ
05-05-2007, 12:20 PM
Couldn't be bothered writing it all out.. and there's more.

K04 | Oettinger Chip | 620cc | 3" SS TB | Muller Adj. cam gear | Custom TIP | BMC CAI | Forge 007 Diverter | Oettinger Coilovers | Oettinger Front Sway | Oettinger Front Strut Brace | Oettinger Rear Sway | Oettinger Interior | Oil Cooler |

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r311/yiorgo_gti/1c9cd4b2.jpg

fuzion
08-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Couldn't be bothered writing it all out.. and there's more.

K04 | Oettinger Chip | 620cc | 3" SS TB | Muller Adj. cam gear | Custom TIP | BMC CAI | Forge 007 Diverter | Oettinger Coilovers | Oettinger Front Sway | Oettinger Front Strut Brace | Oettinger Rear Sway | Oettinger Interior | Oil Cooler |

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r311/yiorgo_gti/1c9cd4b2.jpg

bought as is i presume

DIDZ
08-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Pretty much.

I'm not ashamed - it's saved me the hassle of having to buy everything. I know how much money has been thrown into the car, and what has been done to it. The car had and has no major issues (i.e chip, fault codes) apart from poor fuel (but that's my right foot doing the talking!).

Problem is, I don't know what else to do with it with all the mods it has, short of going standalone engine management because ALL these chips certaintly aren't going to give you big figures because only maps that are uploaded are pre configured for certain mod levels.

I've got a few goodies coming from the US thanks to the FOREX being great at the moment, and some custom built hardware coming within the next 28 days.

The hardest thing for me to decide is who can service it and not try to talk bull**** and make up crap about something that is allegedly wrong with the car to see $$$ in their back pocket.

Anyway, back to normality.

bought as is i presume

fuzion
08-05-2007, 07:04 PM
Pretty much.

I'm not ashamed - it's saved me the hassle of having to buy everything. I know how much money has been thrown into the car, and what has been done to it. The car had and has no major issues (i.e chip, fault codes) apart from poor fuel (but that's my right foot doing the talking!).

Problem is, I don't know what else to do with it with all the mods it has, short of going standalone engine management because ALL these chips certaintly aren't going to give you big figures because only maps that are uploaded are pre configured for certain mod levels.

I've got a few goodies coming from the US thanks to the FOREX being great at the moment, and some custom built hardware coming within the next 28 days.

The hardest thing for me to decide is who can service it and not try to talk bull**** and make up crap about something that is allegedly wrong with the car to see $$$ in their back pocket.

Anyway, back to normality.

fair call, imo i prefer doin it myself so im aware of any issues and know what could and would go wrong if anything would be ..

mechanically wise who knows tuning more on these cars i would say Seb from Euro Automotive who im sure your aware has some deal phenomenal cars with some big numbers who are all daily drivers too .. but there are also other good mechs around too but my preference would be him.

you could alternatively get a standalone but as you noticed on the dyno day the standalones pull quite low numbers for some reason .. so its much of a muchness.. dyno it and see what you get and go from there if your worried about anythin

shaneth
08-05-2007, 07:20 PM
Yeah nothing wrong the car as is. Perosnally i bought my last worked corolla as is because i knew i wouldnt have the time to spare to do what the guy had done myself so it was far easier and cheaper to by it as is. ust my 2 cents worth. Sorry if im off topic.

fuzion
08-05-2007, 07:27 PM
not off topic at all dude.. all relevant..

each to their own ways of what theyd prefer of course!

gpk_gti
08-05-2007, 07:27 PM
fair call, imo i prefer doin it myself so im aware of any issues and know what could and would go wrong if anything would be ..

mechanically wise who knows tuning more on these cars i would say Seb from Euro Automotive who im sure your aware has some deal phenomenal cars with some big numbers who are all daily drivers too .. but there are also other good mechs around too but my preference would be him.

you could alternatively get a standalone but as you noticed on the dyno day the standalones pull quite low numbers for some reason .. so its much of a muchness.. dyno it and see what you get and go from there if your worried about anythin
funny that fuzion,,,seems there are a few mk4s who have had xyz chips lately that had very low number on the dyno,then got a stand alone and found the real potential of the 1.8t.
seb also runs a standalone on his a3 doesnt he???

for someone that has no knowledge of tuning and is a mechanical noob,chips are the best,whatever brand.but if you want to realize the real power,stand alone is the only way.

fuzion
08-05-2007, 07:38 PM
he doesnt run a stand alone no, its GIAC'd..

they have chips for the k03, k04 and gt28 .. so works out alright for mod wise in that scenario.

gpk_gti
08-05-2007, 07:41 PM
ahhh ok,,sorry,,I though he had stand alone,,I read it somewhere I was sure...

DIDZ
08-05-2007, 09:51 PM
not off topic at all dude.. all relevant..

each to their own ways of what theyd prefer of course!

*** Each to their own being the most important thing. ***

I've built my other car with my own hands myself, done it up (but never felt the need to dyno it because I feel dyno figures with corrections is just a fabrication). That car is my baby.

My dyno is the seat of the pants and my ears - and it's never failed me. Touch wood.

Edit:Chips are just a temporary measure. There is no way in the world a chip can gain more power than a standalone. The only way that could be the other way around is the motor has given up the ghost (if it's to make huge gains), or plain simple the tuner is useless.

fuzion
09-05-2007, 10:57 AM
so you wont be dyno'ing the car as im curious what your a/f ratio with such overly large injectors....... it cant be right (sorry)

im presuming with the setup you'd be at the 140-160 mark if all is good?

you should def jump on sometime and see what it shoots out

Bboy_Sparx
15-05-2007, 08:27 AM
http://www.vwfixx.com/dubs/74/images/julian_mk4_golf_2.jpg

Engine Accessories

* 3 inch downpipe
* 3 inch exhaust
* Oettinger chip with K04 tune
* K04 turbo
* Muller and Muller turbo intake pipe
* 4.5bar fuel pressure regulator
* ABD Racing silicone intake pipe
* ABD Racing high durometer dogbone mount
* Shaved OEM airbox with modified intake
* K&N panel filter
* Turbo XS DV
* Tyrolsport IC
* NOS Nitrous system 50hp shot

Bodywork

* Colour coded front and rear valances
* Black 20thAE headlights

Rolling Stock

* Audi A8 replicas
* 225/40 Falken RT 615 semi slicks

Suspension and brakes

* Oettinger coilovers
* KW Front Anti-sway bar
* Whiteline rear sway
* ECS Big brake upgrade

Other Info:
* 150kw at the wheels @ 20psi
* Best ET: 13.8 @ 179km/hr on street tyres, no nitrous

dancet
15-05-2007, 10:33 AM
Absolutely loving the GTi Sparx, heaps of work done to it. Sounds like it goes like a rocket. Love the tasteful exterior mods too, congrats.

Bboy_Sparx
18-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Thanks mate. I don't think it has that many mods, plenty of other GTIs with the same sorta stuff done to them. I like that it sorta looks common, but a little bit of go in it too. I wish I had more power though, maybe something like a GT2871, if I could do it again.