PDA

View Full Version : New Polo GTI LATEST Information

GTI JOE
29-10-2010, 07:45 AM
Hi,

I have opened up this new thread so that people can post any new information regarding the new (2010-2011) Polo GTI.

I have put down a deposit for a 3dr, Candy White, fully optioned (except for leather) unit back in early September this year from my local dealer. I have been able to source some latest information from my local dealer and VW themselves. It is as follows:

1. There is a shipment still on its way on a container vessel and should be in Australia in the next 4-5 weeks.

2. There will be an early December official launch at which time there will be limited cars available to test drive and purchase (I guess for the people who have orders only).

3. First batch may comprise mostly of the 3dr versions and few a 5dr.

I hope this will be the case, but you never know with VW. No pricing as yet as the Aussie dollar is going gangbusters and hopefully will keep the price down to under $33K - 35K inclusive of on-raod costs.

That's all for now, but I will keep you posted if I hear any further information. :P

pologti18t
29-10-2010, 09:58 AM
You assume that people who place specifically optioned car orders will get their cars first.

From the release of the Golf GTI and R this has not been necessarily the case. If no car comes in with your spec then you are left waiting until a specific car is allotted a production spot and is built. It is much better to wait to see whats in the first shipment and make your purchasing decision then.

FYI... Leather is not an option. It's fake suede and vinyl. :P

Hail22
29-10-2010, 10:10 AM
We need 80's Dealers, this is the explanation of Vinyl hahaha...its still crap imo YouTube - I Like Cadillacs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB65qGFGZGw&feature=related)

Fixxxer
29-10-2010, 07:12 PM
Alcantara is nice, there's a cr@pload in my 206 GTi, but I don't know if I'm keen to spend $2300 getting it (with the fake leather). Think I'll just settle for the cloth.
I dropped into VW yesterday in the city and asked about the new Polo, the guy said they will have a demo in a week or two (thank goodness). The whole waiting forever (for practically anything VW) thing bothers me, so unless I can get in a Polo GTi by Mar/Apr'11, I'll be looking for a used Golf GTi sooner rather than later.
Have money, need car now!

Fixxxer

pologti18t
29-10-2010, 08:57 PM
Alcantara is nice, there's a cr@pload in my 206 GTi, but I don't know if I'm keen to spend $2300 getting it (with the fake leather). Think I'll just settle for the cloth.
I dropped into VW yesterday in the city and asked about the new Polo, the guy said they will have a demo in a week or two (thank goodness). The whole waiting forever (for practically anything VW) thing bothers me, so unless I can get in a Polo GTi by Mar/Apr'11, I'll be looking for a used Golf GTi sooner rather than later.
Have money, need car now!

Fixxxer

Agreed... I reckon a end of year sale " no options" Golf Gti in Jan 2011 looks like a better option.

Update: My dealer is still saying the Polo GTI will be at dealers in Nov.