PDA

View Full Version : Personality types of Skoda owners?

Bezant
27-10-2010, 05:48 AM
Hi guys,

Just picked up the new Superb wagon two weeks ago and am thoroughly enjoying it. I certainly appreciate its long list of features but also quite enjoy its uniqueness.

I recently did some personality type testing (Myers Briggs TI & Enneagram) which confirmed that I was the type of person who likes making up my own mind about things even if they go against societal norms. Apparently my type (INTJ) makes up only 1% of the population which I don't mind (even if some people view us as wierd).

This got me thinking. What is the (MBTI) personality type of most Skoda owners?

Is our demographic in general made up of personality types who like to do things their own way (INTJ, ENTJ, INTP's etc) or do we cut across all of society? Would be interesting to find out?

I reckon that Skoda marketing can thank us for the results of this thread later...that's assuming that Skoda Australia does have a marketing arm and that they read these forums... :confused:

I'll kick off the list

Bezant - INTJ (MBTI) and 8 - The Challenger (Enneagram)

Antiplastix
27-10-2010, 06:22 AM
Wtf ????????????

CanberravRS
27-10-2010, 06:41 AM
Wtf ????????????

Ill second that, maybe an explanation in simple English might help, obviously Bezant is special indeed.

whitelion
27-10-2010, 07:17 AM
Just Google personality tests.
Myers Briggs and others are commonly used psych tests used in recruitment.
Steve

dArK5HaD0w
27-10-2010, 09:09 AM
i think its still too early in the morning for me to understand this!!!

thejack72
27-10-2010, 10:20 AM
I agree, way too early. I usually need more coffee first!

Scary thing is, and for what they're worth, I actually know mine from a work team-building exercise.

ENTJ - 1

:nuts:

ausspace87
27-10-2010, 10:27 AM
It's not that hard guys, plenty of personality tests online... We had one recently at my workplace also.

My type is: ISTJ

SKODA vRS147
27-10-2010, 12:38 PM
I am a ESTJ or 9W1 and if anyone can make sense of that they are welcome to do so.
Ask a few to read the trends and they said it was generally true of me but not in all areas. Maybe i didnt answer a truthfully as i should of, who knows.

All i know is that one of the factors for buying the Skoda was its current uniqueness (think thats spelt correctly) and a Yellow one to make it even more unique. :)

Antiplastix
27-10-2010, 03:19 PM
I think people tend to lie in those sort of tests, ie. you work better as part of a team a team. yes/no.. Yeah, right!!!, not unless its that good looking blonde.

hmoon101
27-10-2010, 03:47 PM
I'm ENTJ and Type 9 - The Peacemaker.

MarksVRS
27-10-2010, 04:16 PM
i'll have a guess without needing to do any testing!

Analytical thinker,
Non-pretentious,
Comfortable in taking calculated risks,
Not happy in just following the trend/mainstream,
More interested in gaining satisfaction with one's own actions rather than seeking approval from others,
Understands quality is often more than just a badge,
Ability to seek out a bargain despite a lack of advertising....

Surely this must reflect the general Skoda buyer!

K1W1
27-10-2010, 04:21 PM
I'm an O50

4thchicken
27-10-2010, 04:34 PM
INFP/INTP depending on the test (more INFP), 9W1 on Enneagram

spellbound
27-10-2010, 04:50 PM
i'll have a guess without needing to do any testing!

Analytical thinker,
Non-pretentious,
Comfortable in taking calculated risks,
Not happy in just following the trend/mainstream,
More interested in gaining satisfaction with one's own actions rather than seeking approval from others,
Understands quality is often more than just a badge,
Ability to seek out a bargain despite a lack of advertising....

Surely this must reflect the general Skoda buyer!

Mark have you been reading my mail , you are spot on my friend , to the top of the class.

Maybe starsigns could be included , ahah saggitarius

K1W1
27-10-2010, 05:10 PM
I can tell Skoda one thing in this thread.

Skoda buyers in Australia are not affected by automotive brand advertising (cos you guys don't do any). :-)

aslsw
27-10-2010, 05:34 PM
My daughter has one simple way of assessing my personality - "European wannabee". Which is spot on when it came to buying the car, I just wanted a European car with class instead of bling, comfortable instead of bloated, refinement instead of grunt, etc.

I'm an INTJ by the way.

SKODA vRS147
27-10-2010, 05:55 PM
I think we all have similar reasons for selecting the Skoda but from a personality point of view we are varied.
But i totally agree with aslsw, but i am a x pome (prisoner of mother england) or am i.
Maybe this is too controversial forget that point we are all friendly australians that want a good european car that performs well and looks the part.

Bezant
27-10-2010, 08:27 PM
Ok so the results so far:

INTJ - 3
ENTJ - 2
INTP - 1
ESTJ - 1

The most common response was WTF?? - 7.Fair enough I guess. If you don't know your theoretical personality type it may be worth :google:ing it for general interests sake.

Unfortunately WTF?? is also what most people said to me when I told them I was getting a Skoda. Their loss really.

As for the personality types reported to date I'm not surprised that INTJ's/ETNJ's & INTP's make up most of the buyers to date. According to the theories behind the typologies these personality types are least likely to care what others think.

By the sounds of some responses perhaps I should have posted this in the evening or at least i should have waited until after we'd all had our morning coffee...apologies :)

BlackSuperb
27-10-2010, 09:00 PM
INTJ

Pretty soon we'll have all 16 types me thinks.......

rs73
27-10-2010, 09:34 PM
I don't have a skoda but I think this thread will pick up at a much faster pace if the question is what is the average IQ of Skoda owners...

most people would have done some kind of online IQ test more likely than this MyerBiggs thing or whatever...

K1W1
27-10-2010, 09:45 PM
I suspect that personality traits are going to be far more important in determining purchases than IQ but some sort of explanation of what the types people are referring to would be helpful. What the heck is a INTJ? Are those people predisposed to becoming mass murderers or are they the type who wear jackets with leather patches on the elbows and visit car dealerships with clipboards and questionnaires?

BTW: I have actually come across several people with clip boards and questionnaires on car yards. One gentleman I distinctly remember came in, filled in his form then came back a week later with a supplementary questionnaire and told me my car was "in contention" to which I replied that it was a very good well priced car and would sell quickly. When he returned another week or so later to tell me that my car was the one he had selected to purchase subject to a test drive I informed him that it was sold and delivered to somebody else.

rs73
27-10-2010, 10:27 PM
We had some kind of similar behaviourial profiling too, like HBDI scoring (Hermann Brain Dominance Index)

I can't even remember what "colour" I was but again those things changes over time...
then we had other stuffs like mini quiz to determine personality profile called Kingdomalia, etc...

there's heaps of those versions...

BlackSuperb
28-10-2010, 06:30 AM
What the heck is a INTJ?..........
You'd have to pay $16.95 to the website to get that info I'm afraid.

And seeing I is one, relax, no mass murderers here, just loud opinionated individuals who know what they want and know quality when they see it.

Also we are prone to research and are not impulse buyers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bezant
28-10-2010, 01:06 PM
This may help

Myers Briggs Personality Test MBTI Personality Types (http://www.personalitypathways.com/type_inventory.html)

Webpage with short descriptions and an easy form to use to determine your (Myers Briggs) personality type for free.

Bezant
28-10-2010, 01:08 PM
Also confriming that I am not a mass murderer. :rolleyes:

kenvik_7
28-10-2010, 01:33 PM
INFJ here - said to be rare - but a struggler :-(

brad
28-10-2010, 01:35 PM
ISTP apparently. Although I'm convinced that I answer those things on how I'd like to be rather than what I really do. It would be interesting to get somebody that really knows you well to answer on your behalf.

Gaz
29-10-2010, 06:51 AM
INTJ here, but I am a mass murderer. I chose the Skoda because of the large cargo space, and I never get pulled over by the police. :emo_baghead:

ausspace87
29-10-2010, 07:33 AM
INTJ here, but I am a mass murderer. I chose the Skoda because of the large cargo space, and I never get pulled over by the police. :emo_baghead:

Hahaha classic!

equiped
29-10-2010, 06:37 PM
ENFP here...

K1W1
29-10-2010, 06:47 PM

That would be one heck of a marketing campaign for Skoda they could appeal directly to the mass murderer segment of the market. Imagine the TV ads. :-)

SKODA vRS147
29-10-2010, 06:57 PM
Like your thinking on this one - they would be as good as the bugger ads from toyota.

YouTube - Toyota Commercial "bugger" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-Y3AsZ19Hc)

K1W1
29-10-2010, 07:09 PM
Which I might add were made in NZ the country that is also way ahead of Australia as far as Skoda sales and marketing is concerned.

JP_Aircooled_TDi
30-10-2010, 08:39 PM
INTP, but I do think that this is biased to expected roles and outcomes.

Is there any correlation between the personality types and the model & options of Octavia purchased? Probably not enough data yet...

BlackSuperb
30-10-2010, 09:00 PM
OK we have 9 types so far out of a sampling of only 13. Looks like my prediction (http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/f86/personality-types-skoda-owners-51396-2.html#post578602) is nearly proven.

This is the "T" in me that has the "J" part satisfied before moving on.

INTJ - 4
ENTJ - 2
ISTJ - 1
ESTJ - 1
INFP - 1
INFJ - 1
ISTP - 1
ENFP - 1
INTP - 1
K1W1 - O50 (huh?)

That's why the marketing gurus use sex to sell cars - it appeals to all personality types.

dazag
31-10-2010, 10:24 AM
ENTJ for me

K1W1
31-10-2010, 11:18 AM
K1W1 - O50 (huh?)

O50 = Over 50. :-)

BlackSuperb
31-10-2010, 11:28 AM
O50 = Over 50. :-)

Me too. :moonie:

bobski
06-11-2010, 10:25 AM
Interesting topic :)

ISFJ

I'm a bit of a skeptic. While my personality type captures some of me, its dead wrong in other areas. I can't help but think its a bit of generalisation going on. According to the test, I'm likely to have a nicely furnished house. I'd suggest that 95% of people with disposable income would have a nicely furnished house (and I don't anyway because I'm happy to take second hand furniture if it saves me $$).

That said, maybe it might give some statistical indicators that are above and beyond the reasons people *claim* to buy cars. The catch 22 is you're assuming they don't lie on the test.

MarksVRS
08-11-2010, 06:08 PM
OK we have 9 types so far out of a sampling of only 13. Looks like my prediction (http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/f86/personality-types-skoda-owners-51396-2.html#post578602) is nearly proven.

This is the "T" in me that has the "J" part satisfied before moving on.

INTJ - 4
ENTJ - 2
ISTJ - 1
ESTJ - 1
INFP - 1
INFJ - 1
ISTP - 1
ENFP - 1
INTP - 1
K1W1 - O50 (huh?)

That's why the marketing gurus use sex to sell cars - it appeals to all personality types.

Add another ISTJ

Sarge
08-12-2010, 11:03 PM
ESFP. Pretty close to the mark I think.

theduckster
20-02-2011, 07:39 PM
lol

Not much has changed from my days when I last did these tests at Uni. Just took the tests again and I'm still:

ISTJ (MBTI) and Type 1 - The Reformer (Enneagram)

safetyman
21-02-2011, 07:53 PM
ENTJ for me.

dru
22-02-2011, 05:41 AM
ESFP here.