PDA

View Full Version : Golf Gen 5 - wheel size - alternatives ? GTI ?

jackafrica
04-05-2007, 08:04 AM
There appears to be conflicting information here on the forum re the wheel size for the Gen 5, ( Mk V ) Golf.
I've seen posts where the size is quoted as 5 x 102 offset 38 and 5 x 112 with a similar offset.

Which size is it please ?

I would like to fit wider wheels to my '07 Comfortline TDI ( 15 x 6" ) can anyone confirm if perhaps the GTI ( 17 x 7.5 " ) wheels might fit, or is the offset of 51mm too great ?

Is the offset on the stock 15" wheels 38mm ?

Looking at the " sticky " on the top of the page doesn't help as there is no info on the latest Golf V.
I phoned a couple of tyre companies and they asked if the model was a 1N or 1K or something like that. I couldn't find a reference to that model type anywhere.

Thanks, there are doubtless other late model Golf owners out there in the same quandary as myself.

cheers
richo

brackie
04-05-2007, 09:38 AM
hey it would be good to have a list of the different types of car's wheels fit onto a mk1 4x100 stud pattern , if uve put them on with out problems or with some that u fixed list em up here. This will help in the selection of wheels offering many more wheels to choose from.

Mate, the original intent of the sticky thread was to help MK1 and 2 owners. This was right at the beginnings of the forum when the Mk5 wasn't even available.

There's have been sooooo many thread and queries about wheel sizes and alternatives that it's difficult to organise them and keep track of them. Evorobin is a whizz at wheels and may have some answers for you, as is syncro and gtimk5 who has recently changed the wheels on his car.

I reckon the GTI wheels would look fantastic on a TDI and I'd love to get some for my car, but $$$$s are not forthcoming :(

4potscreamer
07-05-2007, 09:37 PM
The PCD of all MK5's is 5 X 112.

jackafrica
07-05-2007, 09:42 PM
Thanks for that. According to what I've been advised around the traps that is the case and should be included in the Sticky.

Have a look at my thread in the " parts wanted " section.
I'm prepared to run with the 5 x 112 for all Mk 5 series cars of all persuasions, be they Trendline, Comfortline, Sportline or GTI.

cheers
richo

GermanwithaVdub
16-06-2007, 01:27 AM
http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_specs.jsp is a great tool. just plug all the numbers in. this is the golf mk5 c'line wheel/tyre specs: pcd: 5x112 offset (ET): +45 wheel size: 15x6.5 tyres: 195/65/15. gti's have 225/45/17 tyres standard and i THINK they have 40 offset. r32s have 225/40/18 standard.